Physical Conditioning...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

IdLiketoRogerMoore

In Hecky we Trust!
Reaction score
Is it unfair/knee jerk to point the finger at our physical performance department?

Loads of injuries, long term injuries not getting better and now conceding late goals ...

Not just the players that have had to step up and I'm wondering whether this department have adapted?

Is it unfair/knee jerk to point the finger at our physical performance department?

Loads of injuries, long term injuries not getting better and now conceding late goals ...

Not just the players that have had to step up and I'm wondering whether this department have adapted?
I've criticised our conditioning in earlier games this season, perhaps harshly in the eyes of some, but i thought today we looked much better in the fitness and conditioning side of things. Spurs were able to bring in quality from the bench and yes we tired, but i think to make more changes wouldn't have strengthened what we had out there.

We're using the first 5-10 games to get players fit, we've recruited late and perhaps some earlier games against Palace, Everton and Forest might've yielded more points if we were fitter, earlier, but we can't change that now.

I don't think today was all about fitness, it was quality from the bench - Spurs had it, we didn't.

I can understand McAtee, Thomas and Bogle as well as Archer and McBurnie being 75% fit at most. Davies hasn’t played for ages and it showed when he came on.

At some point though all the injuries need to be looked into properly. Hecky and Bettis have even said as much.

Still lots of players going down with cramp. I was at the game today and my mate (Port Vale fan) asked if we were piss taking.

But I don’t think we are. Every game this season. Players cramping.

Did well today.

UTB

I've criticised our conditioning in earlier games this season, perhaps harshly in the eyes of some, but i thought today we looked much better in the fitness and conditioning side of things. Spurs were able to bring in quality from the bench and yes we tired, but i think to make more changes wouldn't have strengthened what we had out there.

We're using the first 5-10 games to get players fit, we've recruited late and perhaps some earlier games against Palace, Everton and Forest might've yielded more points if we were fitter, earlier, but we can't change that now.

I don't think today was all about fitness, it was quality from the bench - Spurs had it, we didn't.

Me too. Thought last season we looked leggy in more games than not and said to a few people i had serious concerns as to whether the physical side of our Sporting Programme could step up.

Last time we were in the prem, the big difference was how far we were off it physically by the second season. Looking at the first few games, and our growing injury list, there's nothing that allays those fears.

If we're using the first 10 games to get players fit, that's over a quarter of the season so we'll have to finish like a train.

Maybe I'm just bed wetting, but when I think of the players out with long term injuries too, i put 2 and 2 together....

Yes im sure its the one part of the club we have spent a kings ransom to be amongst the market leaders and its a mystery how players get injured anyway

Yes im sure its the one part of the club we have spent a kings ransom to be amongst the market leaders and its a mystery how players get injured anyway
But have we paid a king's ransom? Last time i was up at Shirecliffe with my lad, it didn't strike me as state of the art ....

I think it's fairly obvious that our players are having to do much more running, and much more intense running, in the Prem compared to the Championship where generally we'd be dominating the ball most weeks, possibly with the exception of the CBs. This no doubt contributes to players cramping up.

Would be interesting to see distance covered stats.

The weather was brutal today. Think them being able to make 5 quality subs and us maybe not trusting the likes of Seriki for example made a difference.

We don't have the same quality in subs that they have. McAtee was subbed off and we had nobody on the bench to change the game. we used Norwood. Look who they can bring on as subs.

It's excusable to have not made 5 subs today with the heat and amount of running we got through regardless of the quality Spurs ha don the bench. Archer was running on fumes from about the 80th min. Traore more than capable of coming on getting though some running. Likewise Slimane may not be fit for 90 mins but would be fine for 15 mins to see a game out. Don't want to hear excuses from anyone especially management about intensity or tiredness when you aren using the 5 subs you have available.

Didn't 3 end up going off injured?

Mcattee, Bogle and Hamer

Every time I watch the behind the scenes training videos they're all sat around stretching and chatting or playing keepy ups. No wonder we're so unfit. Get em beep testing! But in all seriousness the continual cramp issues are a worry

Back
Top Bottom