Phipps and 'The Prince'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Game changing investment in the playing squad only was what the prince promised and not the day to day running of the club.
Glad to see he stuck to his guns and invested heavily in new players.......

Onwards and Upwards

I think it's plain to see there has been investment in the squad, hence we now have the biggest squad in the division

The Prince doesn't decide which targets to pursue, that's the responsibility of others

What was never made clear to us mere fans tho was that every season we would sell our biggest asset, possibly to fund the buys

When will they realise that in order to get out of this or any other division you must keep your best players. When these players are under contract, as was the case with Murphy having just signed a new contract, then the player shouldn't really hold all the cards, the club does

We just seem to fall over ourselves as club to virtually push players out the door as soon as the carrot is dangled.

Shortsighted? Incompetent? Negligent? You tell me

Yes, why invest in a football club with the sole purpose of making money out of it if someone is going to write something slightly nasty about you on a football message board you've probably never read and will never read.

You would be surprised who reads this message board

You would be surprised who reads this message board

I know of two board members and certain staff read this forum . Right now , i am sure they think the same as us . Only differance , they can determine our desitiny , financially , we cant , unless we stop going .

UTB

Where are these pair of bullshit merchants when we are getting outclassed at the hands of a primitive, agricultural Port Vale side.

The last 6 weeks we haven't been able to sign a Leicester or Fulham reserve teamer, despite us crying out for reinforcements for the worst team we have had for at least 30 years, and arguably in history. All this despite having £1.5m transfer money from the sale of Jamie Murphy in the bank, and still having untold riches of the game changing investment that was in the words of McCabe "think Liverpool".

I think they have had their period of grace, have been proved to be fucking lairs and bullshitters. I think it is now abundantly clear that now Scarborough Group own Bramall Lane and all Sheffield United assets that McCabe doesn't want anything to do with us now he has effectively gained control of our assets off of the club and its fans.

Dont blame Adkins, he has been lied to and came in to this job on a load of broken promises and been sold down the river. I personally think the best thing that could happen is that he resigns with his integrity intact and shows that shower of cunts Phipps, The Bogroll Prince, McCabe, Branigan, Baki and the rest of the lairs, thieves and bullshit merchants for what they really are.

I looked in the gutter and turned over a stone. Under the stone was a sewer. In the sewer was a barrel. I scraped the bottom of the barrel.

And there was the foul, disgusting, wretched pile of bile, excrement, and vomit that was the OP.

UTMB

Losing £5m a year is the thing we have to fathom out as to why we are losing that much and what we are going to do about it, because a club at our level should not be losing that much.
The academy. Waste of money.

UTB

I wonder where we'd be without this waste of money and the fees generated from it.
With the £2,500,000 a year running costs invested elsewhere?

Our third division team was stacked out with its return yesterday. At one point, one of them even got on the pitch.

UTB

Our third division team was stacked out with its return yesterday. At one point, one of them even got on the pitch.

UTB

I'm not going to waste my time quoting every player we've produced and how much money they have been sold on for when you've already got a fixed view in your head.

UTB

I think in the Academy is part of the long term strategy. Isn't this what Jim said when outlining the plans for the club?

Does it really cost £2.5m per year?

I'm not going to waste my time quoting every player we've produced and how much money they have been sold on for when you've already got a fixed view in your head.
Ditto. However, Jamie Murphy and Che Adams didn't come from our academy. The idea that the value of player sales only occurs because we have an academy is a false one.

UTB

I'd love to know how an Academy which uses the same facilities as the first team and u21's costs £2.5m per year. Is there a tax break on having an Academy as I just don't see how.

Ditto. However, Jamie Murphy and Che Adams didn't come from our academy. The idea that the value of player sales only occurs because we have an academy is a false one.

UTB

What? At what point did I say that?

I'm talking about players that we've produced from our academy and we've sold on.
It's not difficult.

I think in the Academy is part of the long term strategy. Isn't this what Jim said when outlining the plans for the club?

Does it really cost £2.5m per year?
It's an estimation based on all I could find out about different classes of academy. It seems like an average figure for our class.

There's a reason that despite 20,000 gates and an apparent external input of £5m per year, I'm having to watch the likes of Paul Coutts and listen to people telling me he's actually better than what we've got! :)

UTB

I imagine we are probably a million or two in profit with the academy against cost debate.

MaguIre (£2M) , Mellis (£1M), Walker &, Naughton £10M.

Leaving Mellis out of the conversation, Maguire played from 18 and the 2 Kyle's played on loan from 18. It shows how important it is for players to be playing first team football at whatever level, or they go to waste.

Another club failing in my opinion.

What? At what point did I say that?

I'm talking about players that we've produced from our academy and we've sold on.
It's not difficult.
It's clearly too difficult for you, Peter. You're making an inference that we should assume the value of player sales is because of the academy. I'm telling you that they happen anyway, without an academy. On top of that, it costs a fortune to run.

And that's really not difficult.

UTB

I imagine we are probably a million or two in profit with the academy against cost debate.

MaguIre (£2M) , Mellis (£1M), Walker &, Naughton £10M.

Leaving Mellis out of the conversation, Maguire played from 18 and the 2 Kyle's played on loan from 18. It shows how important it is for players to be playing first team football at whatever level, or they go to waste.

Another club failing in my opinion.

It's clearly too difficult for you, Peter. You're making an inference that we should assume the value of player sales is because of the academy. I'm telling you that they happen anyway, without an academy. On top of that, it costs a fortune to run.

And that's really not difficult.

UTB

Oh you've first named me, a pure sign of high intelligence. I'm done now.

I'm inferring nothing.

I'm telling you that we've made more money from players we've nurtured in our 'waste of money' academy and sold on than the cost of the academy to run.

Which makes it the opposite of a waste of money.

Suggesting our issues are in some way down to running a top class academy is bordering on lunacy.

Or just stupidity.

It's an estimation based on all I could find out about different classes of academy. It seems like an average figure for our class.

There's a reason that despite 20,000 gates and an apparent external input of £5m per year, I'm having to watch the likes of Paul Coutts and listen to people telling me he's actually better than what we've got! :)

UTB

Might be worth a thread of its own - though I imagine there's one somewhere.

The figure surprises me as I'd've thought staff would be the most significant expense.

The younger age groups up to u16s at least can only play or train evenings or weekends can't they so the staff will either be part time or have other roles at that time, won't they?

And it is partly sponsored.

Instinctively I feel the need to defend/support the Academy. If it really is a drain on resources that's different, even then I'd be for improving it rather than bulldozing it.

£2.5m seems very high. I can't see where the money would be spent.

Oh you've first named me, a pure sign of high intelligence. I'm done now.

I'm inferring nothing.

I'm telling you that we've made more money from players we've nurtured in our 'waste of money' academy and sold on than the cost of the academy to run.

Which makes it the opposite of a waste of money.

Suggesting our issues are in some way down to running a top class academy is bordering on lunacy.

Or just stupidity.
I'm addressing the issue of our cost base, and why we can't cover it.

I dispute your figures, as you dispute mine. So I suppose we are Done here.

UTB

I'm addressing the issue of our cost base, and why we can't cover it.

I dispute your figures, as you dispute mine. So I suppose we are Done here.

UTB

You've done well to dispute my figures when I haven't quoted any.

The only figure we had was the one you plucked out of thin air and guessed was what our academy costs to run.

Might be worth a thread of its own - though I imagine there's one somewhere.

The figure surprises me as I'd've thought staff would be the most significant expense.

The younger age groups up to u16s at least can only play or train evenings or weekends can't they so the staff will either be part time or have other roles at that time, won't they?

And it is partly sponsored.

Instinctively I feel the need to defend/support the Academy. If it really is a drain on resources that's different, even then I'd be for improving it rather than bulldozing it.

£2.5m seems very high. I can't see where the money would be spent.
But can you see why we need a further input of £5m a year to cover our costs, as it's often suggested?

UTB

You've done well to dispute my figures when I haven't quoted any.

The only figure we had was the one you plucked out of thin air and guessed was what our academy costs to run.
You've concluded that the academy covers its' costs. If you don't know any figures, or don't want to estimate any, then just shut the fuck up about it. Otherwise, it's not difficult to dispute, is it?

UTB

You've concluded that the academy covers its' costs. If you don't know any figures, or don't want to estimate any, then just shut the fuck up about it. Otherwise, it's not difficult to dispute, is it?

UTB

Aren't we a touchy Teresa?
No, I won't shut the fuck up about it.
If I see nonsense, I like to challenge it.
You're happy to guess the running costs, but ignore the player sales I see?
Which is sensible, joined up thinking.

I agree. The Prince's involvement has had absolutely zero positive impact on the league standing of this club. To all intents and purposes, he might as well not have bothered. McCabe has turned United, for the first time in its history, into a club whose natural level is the Third Division.
As someone once said

The table doesn't lie

Aren't we a touchy Teresa?
No, I won't shut the fuck up about it.
If I see nonsense, I like to challenge it.
You're happy to guess the running costs, but ignore the player sales I see?
Which is sensible, joined up thinking.
So Pete, you've stated that we've raised more from it than we've paid out. You clearly want to carry this on, so explain how much it has raised and how much it has cost. You've derided me for using estimations, so I'll hand over to you for the facts. The floor is yours.....

UTB

So Pete, you've stated that we've raised more from it than we've paid out. You clearly want to carry this on, so explain how much it has raised and how much it has cost. You've derided me for using estimations, so I'll hand over to you for the facts. The floor is yours.....

UTB
Wasnt the academy supposed to be self funding
I specifically remeber mccabe boasting about this

But can you see why we need a further input of £5m a year to cover our costs, as it's often suggested?

UTB

Wages? Paying off sacked managers and their entourages?

I'd've thought these would be far and away the biggest expenses.

When any thread on the accounts goes into any detail the money seems to disappear through the looking glass and it's like trying to make sense of a bad trip.

Which is a long way of saying: I don't know - but I wish I did.

Back
Top Bottom