Petrol Station

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where will sheffields taxi drivers fill up now then? They allus us that bp station as a place to bung another £3 onto a fare back to Chezzy...

"GotAh fuel up for da jurnay innit mate..."

It's fucking Chesterfield not the moon!

Reactions: Dkc

I drove down John Street and started turning down that little alleyway, I almost turned in and thought WTF!!!!

Beckton gas works are well away from Canary Wharf, they were on the far side of the royal docks.

Some of that area still looks like da nang circa 1969

Aye, fair point. I had to get the DLR to London City Airport recently, it's like summat from Mad Max as you get down by there.

This is bloody surreal - two days after another Blades disaster, and we're discussing petrol stations and gas works

...and car dealers!

For anybody who has ever seen 'Wheeler Dealers' on Quest, the fat, cockernee wide-boy who scams as much money out of punters as possible has opened a dealership on Bramall Lane - Mike Brewer Motors. You have been warned...

auto-trader-mike-brewer-hypermiling.jpg

You can also get some good views of the old Beckton Gas Works at the start of For Your Eyes Only.

Skip to 1:47:50 for some classic petrol station action.

You can also get some good views of the old Beckton Gas Works at the start of For Your Eyes Only.

That's a great film concept. Dated quite badly though.

Those helicopters were very sinister

When the frig did that happen?

Bizarre post Peter but some hilarious replies, apart from Silents of course, the bit about the murder thing. Still haven't a frigging clue about what we're talking about though:confused: but there again I'm easily confused at my age.

Bizarre post Peter but some hilarious replies, apart from Silents of course, the bit about the murder thing. Still haven't a frigging clue about what we're talking about though:confused: but there again I'm easily confused at my age.

It's certainly fueled the debate

You mean in October 2001? I drove my car in that petrol station (about 2.30am on the way back from a party in Scunthorpe) just before the murder happened. Saw the poor victim lying on the floor and a group of women (one or two of them were off duty nurses) running to his aid. He died two days later. Never forgot

A party, in Scunthorpe, that you didn't drink at. How the hell did you manage that?! :D

Ahha - the old Beckton site - worked for a company that did a lot of land remediation on the that site - it was massive from memory - 12 (ish) years ago if my memory serves me well.

What did it become? Housing I presume?

UTB

That song has never been the same for me since I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue highlighted the fact that in can be sung to the tune of The Muppets.

Seriously, try it.

I'm quite a fan of the pay at pump units. Must say though I find it irritating when you go through the whole process and it has run out of paper to print a receipt so you have to go queue up anyway.then your in the line next to all the must have sweets, crisps chocolate etc. Then while you are there you thin, might as well get a jet wash token. Now, don't get me onto the pros and cons of a jet wash vs the old roller washers. Mind, you while we are at it the BP at Lane top installed a laser washer, worked with a micro jet system under high pressure to strip the dirt on the way down then ditto with air on the way up drying the motor off. Don't think it lasted long. Anyhoo, back to the forecourt, paper towel dispensers and protective gloves for preventing the smell of diesel on your hands, wow, that pen and inks when you get back in! Anyone noticed the number of service stations now selling lighting fuel, briquette and kindling sticks? What's that all abart? Signs warning of the dangers of causing an explosion by using a mobile then they provide enough pyro consumables to blow the station of the maps. And those friggin Perspex newspaper boxes with the headlines trying to get your attention, bloody doom and gloom box I calls it. Ever tried to get a paper out, wallet in one hand trying to hold lid up and grab a paper without said box trying to chop your hand off as you withdraw, Christ who designed them. And just as you start to fill up it won't pump and some ill spoken 17 year old kid comes on the tanoy and shouts something at you that everyone else understands but you can't hear what he said while they all stare at you as they fill up to see if you carry out the inaudiable commands. Then theirs the bloody air and water pump, what? Air used to be fuckin free last time I checked, now it's 20p and you have to be equivalent to an F1 pit stop technician to get to all 4 tyres in time and the hose never reaches the last bloody tyre furthest from the pump, AND they put drain grates near the pump so your bloody dust caps roll down the little squares designed to just swallow up

Bloody hell, ran out of time, 10 minutes flew by and I was just getting started, oh well, what else can we all talk about? This is far more interesting than one of Clough's tactical games like last Tuesday, nowt to discuss there that's near as interesting as a change to the petrol station next to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom