Match Thread Peterborough United v. Sheffield United - 29th January 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PETE
PETE
PETE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1643462139599.png V. 1643462144734.png
Championship Week 26 - Saturday 29th January 2022 - 17:30 - London Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/peterborough-united-vs-sheffield-united.580/

Officials:

Referee: Dean Whitestone
Assistant Referee: Bhupinder Gill
Assistant Referee: Mark Pottage
Fourth Official: Andy Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1643462406460.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:
Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 13.17.15.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

I make that 15 points from 7 games since Hecky took over, that's automatic promotion form. And he' had the challenges of the lengthy Covid break to deal with, and most of them games being away from home. 😍
😍😍
16 points from 7.
19 from 8 including Slavs last game.
But still we read 6 pages of shit.

I’m liking the Norwood and Hourihane partnership. Bogle also on fire. Just need to get the play working as smoothly down the left as it is down the right.

Good to see Fleck and McBurnie back in the action.
Sorry I would have to disagree......Hourihane is poor....can't tackle and doesn't look to get on the ball and drive forward. Hence Norwood pinging long most of the time. Norwood was good and good to see Fleck back. But McBurnie for a guy who hasn't been in the team for a long time just went through the motions. He showed no desire to make runs to stretch the defence.

Get sharp off at half time he has been gash all season

There is literally no point starting him he does nothing and offers nothing

Half time subs Berge on for Hourihane & Mcburnie on for Bill the scarecrow please Heckingbottom
Sorry I would have to disagree......Hourihane is poor....can't tackle and doesn't look to get on the ball and drive forward. Hence Norwood pinging long most of the time. Norwood was good and good to see Fleck back. But McBurnie for a guy who hasn't been in the team for a long time just went through the motions. He showed no desire to make runs to stretch the defence.
Bladesballer .
Sort this matter out. How did you play boss?

I’m liking the Norwood and Hourihane partnership. Bogle also on fire. Just need to get the play working as smoothly down the left as it is down the right.

Good to see Fleck and McBurnie back in the action.
Norwood and Hourihane should excel against a poor Peterborough side. My view is that they did play well today, as expected imo. However, that midfield is not good enough on the whole.

Ah bless you, I hope you're ok you

Why slag off a blade's legend?

Because drunk blade I couldn’t careless if it was Derek Dooley up front with Brian deane and Tony currie playing behind

If they ain’t good enough then They shouldn’t be playing

Played well tonight all of them. How much was down to posh being poor I don’t know, but it doesn’t matter. 3 points onwards and upwards

Awww shut-up you boring rwat

Exactly my point. You’re on here with your usual negative, boring drivel up until we score and then you go quiet. I can’t understand why you still carry on.

Didn't think we played all that well today tbh (especially after Brewster went off)

However, got the job done.

We absolutely cannot stick with Sharp and Didzy upfront so Jebbo HAS to be recalled.

Fodders 8/10 for that save alone.
Basham 8/10 excellent assist for second 🙂
Egan 6.5/10 missed some stinkers and is a touch off the boil for me
Robinson 7/10 pretty solid and attacked well
Norwood 9/10 Absolutely superb.
Hourihane 7.5/10 steady and moved the ball forward
Bogle 7.5/10 great first half quieter in 2nd
RND 6/10 doesn't offer much does he?
Ndiaye 7.5/10 pure quality this lad.
Sharp 7/10 very poor performance and gets a 7 for a well took goal
Brewster 7.5/10 gutted for the lad he looked lively and threatening

Didz 7/10 ok performance.
Fleck 6.5/10 great to see him back
McBurnie 6.5/10 came on and put himself about.

Exactly my point. You’re on here with your usual negative, boring drivel up until we score and then you go quiet. I can’t understand why you still carry on.

Barely post anything on here anymore

There was nothing negative in it anyway

Just sarcastically saying Bogle will get injured next, because everyone who has shown a miniscule amount of form this season has got injured

Can't work out if we got really good at corners today or Peterborough were really bad but we looked very threatening from them today which is nice!

Good win. Dominated even if we didn't test the keeper anywhere near enough. First half much better than the second but fairly easy in the end. When Brewster came off we struggled a bit. Just because we lack pace with the OAPs up front!

Wes - 7 - Had very little to do but made a very good save from the one on one with Clarke-Harris. Very sharp reactions and clever goalkeeping.
RND - 4 - Thought he was really poor. Both going forward and attacking. He just seems to lack quality.
Robinson - 7.5 - Another very impressive performance. Made 2 or 3 very important challenges and was again getting forward to support
Egan 5.5 - I thought he was a bit poor. Should have done better with a couple of headers from corner and a bit sloppy at the back. Misplaced passes almost putting us in trouble
Bash - 6 - Ok. Bit iffy on a couple of occasions at the back when he thinks he can get to the ball but he can't, but got forward well. Good header back across for the OG
Bogle - 7.5 - Really good again going forward but with no end product. Defended ok. Got tight well a couple of times but also got caught wrong-side. Showed a determination to stop his man though.
Hourihane - 7 - Thought he did really well if faded a bit. Having two playmakers means we can go through either and it causes opponents so many problems as they can't double mark both. I think they work really well together for us. He's looking determined for us now. Even when he lost out he ran back and slid in to get the ball back. Some quality set-pieces as well.
Norwood - 8 - Loses half a mark as he gave it away sloppily towards the end when tiring but his best game of the season. Great set-pieces and got stuck in. he has such great vision. Shame he's not 5 years younger.
Ndiaye - 4 - Nothing seems to be working for him at the moment. You can't fault his workrate but his first touch is always the wrong choice and he keeps making bad decisions. It will come though.
Brewster - 7 - Still improving every game. Made a couple of great runs today and it's a blow he'll be out now.
Sharp -4 - Took the goal really well. Should have just side footed it to McGoldrick when clean though. The rest was generally awful. He looks tired. He kept going but looked to be more mechanical than sharp. Needs a rest.

Subs

McGoldrick - 6 - The problem is he's lost half the pace from last season. Still got great control and does a job well but nothing like the threat he was before. Not a bad guy to bring on but we can't start with him and Sharp.
Fleck - 5.5 - Good to see him back. Did bit and looked ok but not heavily involved
McBurnie - 6 - Looked ok upfront without doing anything particularly impressive. Seems to be getting back to fitness though.

Hecky - 7 - Kept the same team and we dominated. Subs worked fine and we saw the game out very easily.

Posh - Poor. Offered very little and I was surprised they didn't test us more. They clearly look to play on the counter and there were a couple of occasions when we looked in trouble but never really capitalised on it. They defended really well first half though. Players putting their bodies on the line.

How many prem goals ?
Stop digging mate last time I looked we arent in the premier league. Weve won 2.0 totally dominating the game. Sharp should have scored a second but why focus on the negative?

His goal was a true poachers goal and came at a time we really needed it. Just enjoy the 3 points because with Brewster injured who are you suggesting our front two should be if Billy isnt in the team ?

Stop digging mate last time I looked we arent in the premier league. Weve won 2.0 totally dominating the game. Sharp should have scored a second but why focus on the negative?

His goal was a true poachers goal and came at a time we really needed it. Just enjoy the 3 points because with Brewster injured who are you suggesting our front two should be if Billy isnt in the team ?

I’m replying to people tagging me

He was poor first half them scored a top finish

I’m not digging for owt 🤷‍♂️

Hecky to an extent has sorted us out at the back, though we're still prone to individual howlers which you can't blame him for. Today was much better from the midfield, but up front .... JESUS CHRIST .... this needs serious work in the training ground as the finishing is woefully inadequate. We create chances in abundance, none of which make the goalkeepers move as they're all hit so poorly and lacking in accuracy. 22 shots on goal today, 5 on target and only 1 goal to show for it (own goal excluded), from our players. It's becoming a bad joke regardless of results and could be the difference between winning our games in hand and throwing them away.

I can only guess that he's prioritisied defending due to us being so leaky when he took over, and perhaps he's now coaching the midfield more to make them more effective. So hopefully the front line gets the next bit of attention. First thing is showing Didsy a picture of a goal and one of a corner flag so he knows which is which.

A good result today and well done Hecky.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom