Paying contracts up early

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fjortoft's Aeroplane

Reaction score
OK I know its still unlikely, but IF we still had a realistic chance of staying up going into the JTW, but no-one was interested in buying our poorer/crocked players, would we have to pay up some contracts early before we can sign anyone? As otherwise we'd be struggling with the 25 player rule?

If so, who are the top 3 almost out of contract contenders to be paid up early?

OK I know its still unlikely, but IF we still had a realistic chance of staying up going into the JTW, but no-one was interested in buying our poorer/crocked players, would we have to pay up some contracts early before we can sign anyone? As otherwise we'd be struggling with the 25 player rule?

If so, who are the top 3 almost out of contract contenders to be paid up early?
RND if he's another case like O'Connell
Jebbo, if not fit
Lowe, he's abysmal!

Unless the rules have changed, clubs can name a completely fresh 25 after the JTW. So we just don't include Fleck or whoever else we don't need, we don't need to "pay them up"

That's great news, let's just hope we can stay in touch. Even the Pauper Prince must know its worth trying to make a real go of it if we're still in with a shout after Christmas.

Unless the rules have changed, clubs can name a completely fresh 25 after the JTW. So we just don't include Fleck or whoever else we don't need, we don't need to "pay them up"
If they were not in the 25, surely any self respecting player would leave, or go on loan, to get in the shop window.

This is where you see the " left by mutual consent " in other words, you're not gonna be playing, so fuck off and let us sign some other fucker on less wages that can actual IMPROVE the squad, preferably the first eleven.

If they were not in the 25, surely any self respecting player would leave, or go on loan, to get in the shop window.

I mean that isn't the player's decision to make, but I figure the question was in the context of "all our players are shit that not even Hallam would be interested in so with a full squad why buy anyone in January" thinking

They should bring in a waivers system in January, like the American system. Clubs can put players on waivers which gives another team the chance to pick them up on a free transfer. The only difference being that the other club must take on and honour the remainder of the players existing contract. American sports use this as away of freeing up wages and the player doesn't get a raw deal financially out of it. It frees up wages for other players to come in whilst sticking to the wage bill and league salary cap.

Coulibaly springs to mind too - madness in hindsight to offer him a deal. I reckon we could get that 25 down to 20 easily if funds allowed.

This is where you see the " left by mutual consent " in other words, you're not gonna be playing, so fuck off and let us sign some other fucker on less wages that can actual IMPROVE the squad, preferably the first eleven.
Still need to honour the contract the club has given them, or negotiate a settlement

What do we get out of paying them up? Even if they aren't in the 25 they can be glorified training cones if needs be.

There's probably a few whose time is up but just getting rid for no financial benefit doesn't do anything for us

Back
Top Bottom