Paul Coutts, 4-4-2, "Negative Nige" and P&G Muppets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Freeman (not Flynn) let us down with that through ball where we could've put the game to bed, from where I was I thought Turner could've done better with their equaliser, and Flynn pulled up..

You sure it was Freeman? I thought it was Flynn

i admire your optimism but we've blown it sorry.
(i'm usually the one in the shoutbox being optimistic btw)
it's not just the result. the belief in Clough has gone.. he's lost the fans with this one

Being 'the optimistic one' in the shoutbox is like being 'the thin one' in a sumo wrestling competition.

It was a poor pass which ultimately changed the game. God how different would it be today if that pass had got through :(
i'd still be deluding myself that we have a chance of autos. in a strange way i feel much better ;)

Whats all this 442
I wasnt sure what we were playing last night but the two front men have got to get a lot closer together to make things happen.
Lost count how many times Done was in posesion after chasing down a long ball and i saw Mcnulty jogging miles away from him giving him no support

Personally I can't see the point of 442 with two little 'uns. Done and McNulty were too often making the same runs into the channels leaving no-one in the area. Also, occupying Centre Halves isn't a strength of either of them, and McNulty's hold up play in particular is dreadful. McNulty is only really any good facing the opposition's goal, in my view.

If we had an O'Grady type (or a fit and firing Higdon, say) then 442 might be worth pursuing but without that I'd rather us not use it.

I disagree that we were unlucky last night. Peterborough battered us late on and got what they deserved. As did we for inept use of our resources and a negative attitude. Not once did we look like killing the game off.

I got a lift home last night from a mate who had P&G on, I havent listened to it for years but jesus christ some of the idiots on there make me want to remove my eyeballs with rusty spoons.

But you would still be able to hear them but would then also be unable to see the off button on the radio to turn them off. You don't work in Sheffield Council's Highways Department by any chance do you?

Praise or grumble is for fucktards, wouldn't take notice of any of um

Blown the play off's?

Managers lose support for losing games, that's fair enough...if we don't get in the play off's I think he'll go, though I suspect the board will want here next season either way.

Let's hope this is our year for a play off final win...at last ( now that's optimism!)

We will win the play offs .

But the inconsistency in getting there , is putting pressure on us supporters , managers and players .

The manager is judged on results and success . That imo will be at the end of the season. We also need stability , so Clough will be going nowhere now or in the future.

UTB

Wow...

Unbeaten in 6 then we lose in unlucky circumstances. Had we closed the game out last night we would've closed the gap on MK, Preston and Swindon. The optimism would be through the roof on here this morning.

What has really happened? we've lost 1 point on Preston so in reality are no worse off than when we started. We just have 1 less game to gain the points in.

If we have lost a point on Preston, how can we be no worse off than when we started? IMO Automatic went weeks ago and we may make the play offs.
If we do then we have still to get to the final. I think we should, but in my book it is 50-50.

Why do you think this?

Revolution , because like everyone else we have been inconsistent , but still in the mix. On there day everyone can beat each other . Two teams out of four will gain automatic promotion . It will be a game too many for the two who do not achieve this.

The blades should be physiologically in the right frame for the play offs , and Lady Luck will for once shine on us.

Its a gut feeling that this is our year . You get what you deserve , and we have no Devine right to succeed , but if the players and fans believe , we will do it.

UTB

If we have lost a point on Preston, how can we be no worse off than when we started? IMO Automatic went weeks ago and we may make the play offs.
If we do then we have still to get to the final. I think we should, but in my book it is 50-50.

We are no worse off because of the GD. We need to win 3 and draw one with them losing 4. Or win 4 if they lose 3 and draw. At 9pts behind we would have still needed this outcome as their GD is 14 better.

We are no worse off. We could have been a lot better off though.

I hope this clears things up

Just watched it on BP and it was such a simple pass. Freeman's attempt was shockingly poor.

Let's have some sympathy for the full back playing out of position in midfield ( while Adams was sitting on the bench with Done and McNulty).

We are wafer thin on striking and attacking midfield resources because we have one suspension and a couple of injuries.

We are wafer thin on central defenders because of one injury.

We seem to have dozens of small interchangeable midfielders and a few spare full backs.

Clough and his brother have recruited around twenty players since the end of last season. We have an unbalanced squad and not enough game-changers. That inescapable fact will determine our destiny.

We have to import a couple of loan players; a central defender and a striker. We do not have an unlucky or unusual number of injured players. Despite just spending over £2m in January we still have an unbalanced squad which cannot create goalscoring opportunities or defend properly.

Praise or grumble is for fucktards, wouldn't take notice of any of um

Bit harsh, Ftpe. Candidates for 'Care in The Community' more like. Last night I tuned in to FH hoping for an extended edition because I'm sure there's been a takeover that has barely got a mention on RS?

Anyway, some moron was dribbling on about 'All these people who want Clough sacked.'

RS: 'Who? How many have they actually said they want him to go?'

CitC: 'I've seen it on Facebook and Twitter.'

Think he answered his own point there.

There is always a chance that a player will then get injured in the last 10-15 minutes.
It could be your goalie that gets injured and then you're down to ten men with an outfield player in goal.

It may be worth taking that risk when you're already losing and desperate to get back in the game.
But surely not when you're leading and well on the way to three points.

This is a really good point about the keeper. It's all about percentages, judgement calls, and hindsight but you have to be extra careful with that third sub.

Freeman has been stepping off the bench into midfield for a few games now. Now we have lost, it's negative. He has put in more decent balls in his 15 minute cameos than Campbell Ryce has all season.

The subs were made well before they equalised. If we were level or losing, i'm sure Adams would've come on instead. Being at the game it really was just a case of closing the game out. Nothing negative about it. It just went tits up when they scored a goal that would go wide 99 times out of 100 and then their tails were up.

It frustrates me that we seem to concede in situations with a 1/100 chance like they had a 99/100 chance

Back
Top Bottom