Our table

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Assuming there's money available, we'll be using the January window to replace the long term injuries we have to try and get us somewhat back to where we were with a full squad. Others will be able to use it to supplement the current squad to try and improve.

It just feels like we're constantly pissing in the wind.

This is our table .11 to 20 of the prem

Forget the elite..we need to be around mid table here that's all that matters we aren't cut adrift we are still in the hunt
View attachment 173369

2 wins against any of these takes us out of danger... the only way is up
Provided the teams nearest us pick up no points in their two fixtures. Full marks for optimism though. ✅

Hi Stegosaurus here

Let's just embrace the fact we are the worst Premier league team of all time.

Because of our injuries its bleak but there's still the January window
If we were doing well the Prince probably wouldn't put much money in for transfers.
If we are doing poorly the Prince won't put money in for transfers as he'd feel it pointless.

I don't see much movement in in Jan, because that seems to be the Prince's style bar Jan 2020.

I appreciate that optimism is now banned, but as the OP says, we are still (incredibly) well in touch points wise, even if we are still miles off at times on the pitch.

Wolves, Bournemouth, Burnley and Luton are all coming up before the end of the year. Let's see where we are after Boxing Day.

I appreciate that optimism is now banned, but as the OP says, we are still (incredibly) well in touch points wise, even if we are still miles off at times on the pitch.

Wolves, Bournemouth, Burnley and Luton are all coming up before the end of the year. Let's see where we are after Boxing Day.
Thas gone n done it, why mention that particular day ffs, now we deffo know where we will be 🤣

Not cut adrift yet but we're getting there.

Yes, we're potentially only 2 wins from being in and around the scrap for 17th, but equally it'd only take one weekend of all the results going against us to make it seem like a mountain to climb.

This is our minileague table. It'll be a lot more indicative at the end of November. As everyone is aware, Luton and Burnley have won a game but it was against another bottom side. Wolves are arguably pulling away and turning this into a five team minileague; they (vs Man C) and Everton (vs Brentford) are the only teams to have won against one of the other 14 PL sides.

1698140443827.png
It's also worth pointing out that Burnley and Luton's only other point came against Forest. If Forest can't beat the bottom sides (they scraped past our B team) they'll be candidates to replace Wolves.

This is our minileague table. It'll be a lot more indicative at the end of November. As everyone is aware, Luton and Burnley have won a game but it was against another bottom side. Wolves are arguably pulling away and turning this into a five team minileague; they (vs Man C) and Everton (vs Brentford) are the only teams to have won against one of the other 14 PL sides.

View attachment 173377
It's also worth pointing out that Burnley and Luton's only other point came against Forest. If Forest can't beat the bottom sides (they scraped past our B team) they'll be candidates to replace Wolves.
I see your point but because were not going to be picking up points against the other 14 teams then them above we need to win HOME and AWAY 😭🥴

Assuming we can pick up the odd point here and there against the top half teams that would leave us needing to win around 10 of the 14 games remaining from the bottom half teams to get us to the mid 30's points total. This would probably be about the minimum requirement to stay up so whilst not impossible it really looks a big ask.

Palace (home)
1st game with no loanees
Forest (away)
Lost to an 89th minute goal
Everton (home)
Draw unlucky not to score last few seconds
Fulham away
Lost

There are 5 other clubs who are also feeling like us

It’s still all to play for starting with Wolves

UTB

Forget the elite..we need to be around mid table here that's all that matters we aren't cut adrift we are still in the hunt
View attachment 173369

We've already played 4 of them and we've got 1 point

Our league is actually 17-20. We need to finish higher than 3 teams. Sadly we probably won’t.

Burnley play Bournemouth next, while we play Arsenal. We will be further behind after this round of fixtures, as we will get stuffed and one of the two above pick up points.
Then Wolves at home is a lot harder than it initially appears. They are a form team, after changing their manager. Won Man City and Bournemouth and drew with Villa and Luton in their last four games.

Because of our injuries its bleak but there's still the January window
We’ve also got to consider preserving any transfer kitty, as it’s likely to be pissed against a wall on traditional JTW business. And probably all in vein anyway.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Let's just embrace the fact we are the worst Premier league team of all time.
Let's just embrace the fact that no we aren't yet. You however are a thick pig which you are too stupid to do anything but embrace. Why its beyond me.

View attachment 173369

Wolves Brentford we wont get anything Fulham, Palace and Forest already have 9 points of us there's 42 points to play for in there not taking into account some of the others are more than capable of getting points from teams above them as we have already seen. Lets just enjoy the ride back to the Championship knowing we are shit and best we can hope for is 12 points from that 42

It’s going to be an exceptionally low point total to stay up. You can well imagine 4th bottom getting a shade north of 30 points and that being enough.

Mid 20s might be enough to stay up this season considering how shit us, Burnley and Luton are.
I reckon bit higher. About 32-34 points.

Teams will pick up more points against teams closer to their class of squad. Hopefully us included there!?!?!
And teams will pick up good results against better teams as well.

There are so many reasons for our poor start, most of it at squad planning and transfers during the summer.
But one things for sure, had we had a more settled squad with more of our incomings in from the off, I'd hazard a guess we maybe don't lose to Palace, Forest and maybe have won at least one from Palace, Forest and Everton.
Our summer window ended up being entirely financially driven, which I get but we perhaps played it too safe (Waiting for players to go before bringing in).
And it meant that until game 4 vs Everton we didn't have a squad that was resembling "good enough".

Now I still feel we are short and that's without injuries but injuries further weaken our squad....

Back
Top Bottom