Our most dangerous striker out of possession...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

s20Blade

Reaction score
Jebbison. Much like a more talented, younger Matt Done closing down the opposition play from the back and forcing mistakes IMO, we've not got another striker that can do that so well.

Wait until he fills out and puts on more muscle. Could be an absolute monster knocking defenders over like lego. Hull shit themselves every time the ball went near him early or in the air. His movement was good too.
As for pressing: United did a great job stopping them playing out from their left side which is a big part of their game. Most of the game they had to resort to hoofing it. Their midfield looked fucked at the end.

Ah old runaround took some shit from certain quarters in that league one promotion season, but I always thought we played our best football when he was acting as a foil for Sharp that year.

Jebbo has a lot more to his game than that
Sharp and Clarke were our strongest front 2, just a shame Clarke was injured so much

I’m not sold on Jebbison yet. No doubt the potential is there but he looks like a deer in headlights for a lot of the games I’ve seen him, just chasing aimlessly with little effect.

This isn’t a shitpost it’s just an observation from my POV. I like him though, think he can be one of those Sharp types who operates in the box and poaches on scraps.

Wait until he fills out and puts on more muscle. Could be an absolute monster knocking defenders over like lego. Hull shit themselves every time the ball went near him early or in the air. His movement was good too.
As for pressing: United did a great job stopping them playing out from their left side which is a big part of their game. Most of the game they had to resort to hoofing it. Their midfield looked fucked at the end.
Lego is an odd choice, as by design it clicks together, making it harder to knock down. Those wooden building blocks would be a much better analogy, unless of course your point is that the defenders will be hard to knock down? I’m not sure where I’m going with this. I might go and play with Lego a bit, see if I can build a defender.

He needs to put his body between defender and ball more on those 50/50’s.
He tries to go sideways on and get the run on them too often when the odds are against him.
It’s just experience and he’ll soon be retaining possession a lot more frequently.

He had a good game plugging the mcburnie void. This season we look far better when McBurnie plays and he’s missed a fair bit of football but Jebbo looked somewhere close on Friday.

I’m not sold on Jebbison yet. No doubt the potential is there but he looks like a deer in headlights for a lot of the games I’ve seen him, just chasing aimlessly with little effect.

This isn’t a shitpost it’s just an observation from my POV. I like him though, think he can be one of those Sharp types who operates in the box and poaches on scraps.
Agree with this, in his first few games. But the pace of our games, strikers need good understanding of where midfield will play the pass, and midfield need to understand the way the striker moves.

This clearly wasn't joined up at first but is getting better. He's got all the other attributes, so once him and midfield get on the same page, he will do well

Matty Done was just Billy but worse in every way possible. It was like twins and he was the Danny Devito one

Agree with OP and yet oddly, I seem to remember he came on as sub fairly recently in a game when we needed him to chase and harry and he looked lethargic and didn’t do that. When all said and Done, all strikers should be doing that when out of possession so I’m not going to praise him just for doing that but credit where it’s due for the improvement on the game I referred to above.

Back
Top Bottom