Our last 73 games in the Prem.....gulp!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
P W D L F A P
73 10 9 54 54 160 39

WOW!
That record is dreadful and i dont remember any other team having 2 successive bad seasons that we have just gone through.
If there is to be another season when we go up. whoever is at the helm has to behave like us being a top flight side instead of just ambling along.
Clubs like Palace, Brighton, Brentford and others have become established by being run by guys who know what is needed to compete on and off the field.
Personally i think that should we get back up in the near future then it will be more of the same.
Hope i'm wrong because being a laughing stock is not a nice feeling and our fantastic supporters deserve better.

P W D L F A P
73 10 9 54 54 160 39

WOW!
That record is dreadful and i dont remember any other team having 2 successive bad seasons that we have just gone through.
If there is to be another season when we go up. whoever is at the helm has to behave like us being a top flight side instead of just ambling along.
Clubs like Palace, Brighton, Brentford and others have become established by being run by guys who know what is needed to compete on and off the field.
Personally i think that should we get back up in the near future then it will be more of the same.
Hope i'm wrong because being a laughing stock is not a nice feeling and our fantastic supporters deserve better.
How the hell did we manage to win10?

Some seasons we'd have been relegated with that record, playing twice as many games as the others.

Similar to Sunderland‘s successive top flight seasons in 02/03 and then 05/06:

P38 W4 D7 L 27 F/A 21/65 Pts19
P38 W3 D6 L 29 F/A 26/69 Pts15

P76 W7 D13 L56 F/A 47/134 Pts34

I could take a record like that had we not achieved it while spending 10s of millions on rank average, lower Champ quality players, some of whom seemingly having been waved through the fitness test procedure by mistake. All we have to show for our last 2 prem seasons are 2 places in the worst ever Prem seasons classification, 2 plots of land round the stadium, a threadbare squad low on quality and heart, and promises of a new training facility to be taken with the pinch of salt we've become accustomed to taking when promised anything by our board. Nobody, but nobody, grabs defeat from the jaws of victory quite like SUFC.

I have not looked at the numbers, but I’d guess that Norwich City’s last 2 seasons in the Premier League have been equally bad.

I wonder what those stats would look like if the game stopped at 70 minutes?

Typical of the big six to insist on 90 minute games.

Back
Top Bottom