OK Folks, this is it.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you read my posts carefully in the last few weeks you'd see I've said we haven't been good enough and by some way. My point with you was that we have to show a bit of patience and give it while the windows shuts before we hang the board for another season. You didn't. Hard as it is we have to give them time to gel. You didn't. Fuck me it's bloody frustrating but we've tried most other methods and none have worked. I'm not a clapper or a slasher. I'm a realist and the reality is a new manager rarely comes in, makes signings, alters methods around and gets off to a flying start. Like you say. Let's see where we are in November. Plenty of room for improvement, plenty of time to do it in

Oh, so you criticise, yet you're quite fast on criticising others (like me) who also criticise?

I'll wait until 11pm on Wednesday to see your hopes and aspirations fulfilled. We both know that Wilder (like Clough, Adkins and Wilson) has his own hit-list of targets and we also know it doesn't amount to embarrassing fourth tier hopefuls who will never cut it at this level, let alone in a division above where we should be pitching our bids. That's the truth on that fact, I am sure you'll agree. What you should agree with is that our Chairman has stripped the flowers and the foliage and most of the bark from the tree that is the club we support, leaving a pathetic shadow of its former potential. And it is that potential which boils my piss spongebob. With a stadium like ours being 2/3 full as it was today and climbing on for 17k season tickets sold, coupled with some mazy cup runs, talented players sold and supposed intercontinental investment and business transactions, you'd think we'd be bringing in better than players who used to play for ... Bury ... Oldham ... et cetera. So forgive me if I am cynical about what you see as some kind of gold shitting goose coming up next week. We are fucking skint, and the best we'll do is relieve some fourth tier failure-club of their wage bill burden. Again, if we sign some fucking doozies, I will be on hereto say sorry to you. Watch me.

Finally, this 'gelling-in period'. Have other clubs had this problem too? Southend United? Bolton? Rochdale? Seemingly not. Wilder has spoken some strong words on his way ahead, yet we have reverted to hoofball and critical mistakes in the back four and the goalkeeper region. Seems like we have gelled in perfectly in distilling all the shit from the past few seasons.

pommpey

I wouldn't no, and it's true that not many, if any genuine blades would laugh at the fact that we are losing.

But as I say, I'd presume it was the fact that he thought he was proving a point, rather than at the score line?

Not speaking on behalf of others here btw, all I'm taking issue with is you dictating whether other people are Blades or not.

Considering he's someone that has been around these boards for years, and has been to games at the Lane, and that I actually also remember another poster talking about bumping into him at the Lane, (think it was Grappler. Sorry if that's a weird thing to remember) the probability is that it's the former, and that he's a Blade, wouldn't you agree?

"...another poster talking about bumping into him at the Lane, (think it was Grappler. Sorry if that's a weird thing to remember)..."

I have known Pomps since Junior School (maybe even infants, can't remember), and he is 100% Blade and yes I saw him last season at BDTBL

"...another poster talking about bumping into him at the Lane, (think it was Grappler. Sorry if that's a weird thing to remember)..."

I have known Pomps since Junior School (maybe even infants, can't remember), and he is 100% Blade and yes I saw him last season at BDTBL

Indeed. Graps and I were top-end-of-Gleadless Valley stalwarts back in t'day, and always ... always supporters of Sheffield United. T'was good to see him again after all those years.

pommpey

Oh, so you criticise, yet you're quite fast on criticising others (like me) who also criticise?

I'll wait until 11pm on Wednesday to see your hopes and aspirations fulfilled. We both know that Wilder (like Clough, Adkins and Wilson) has his own hit-list of targets and we also know it doesn't amount to embarrassing fourth tier hopefuls who will never cut it at this level, let alone in a division above where we should be pitching our bids. That's the truth on that fact, I am sure you'll agree. What you should agree with is that our Chairman has stripped the flowers and the foliage and most of the bark from the tree that is the club we support, leaving a pathetic shadow of its former potential. And it is that potential which boils my piss spongebob. With a stadium like ours being 2/3 full as it was today and climbing on for 17k season tickets sold, coupled with some mazy cup runs, talented players sold and supposed intercontinental investment and business transactions, you'd think we'd be bringing in better than players who used to play for ... Bury ... Oldham ... et cetera. So forgive me if I am cynical about what you see as some kind of gold shitting goose coming up next week. We are fucking skint, and the best we'll do is relieve some fourth tier failure-club of their wage bill burden. Again, if we sign some fucking doozies, I will be on hereto say sorry to you. Watch me.

Finally, this 'gelling-in period'. Have other clubs had this problem too? Southend United? Bolton? Rochdale? Seemingly not. Wilder has spoken some strong words on his way ahead, yet we have reverted to hoofball and critical mistakes in the back four and the goalkeeper region. Seems like we have gelled in perfectly in distilling all the shit from the past few seasons.

pommpey

We have tried the players from the league above, Hammond, Woolford Sammon etc.,so I don't agree with you on that. Totally agree with the sale of our better players though. We will never agree fully on McCabe but my one gripe is that I wish we had shown bollocks (like Gillingham did with Dack last season) and kept even 60% of the decent players we've sold since down here we would either be up or have half the work to do. Even the positive amongst us aren't stupid enough to think we had to sell them all. Granted Bolton are an exception to the gelling in period but that brings us round to the previous point. They've managed to keep hold of 3 or 4 of there better players. My "blade my arse" comment was more in reference to your lack of support for the team today. Wasn't doubting your colours so I apologise if it came across that way

We have tried the players from the league above, Hammond, Woolford Sammon etc.,so I don't agree with you on that. Totally agree with the sale of our better players though. We will never agree fully on McCabe but my one gripe is that I wish we had shown bollocks (like Gillingham did with Dack last season) and kept even 60% of the decent players we've sold since down here we would either be up or have half the work to do. Even the positive amongst us aren't stupid enough to think we had to sell them all. Granted Bolton are an exception to the gelling in period but that brings us round to the previous point. They've managed to keep hold of 3 or 4 of there better players. My "blade my arse" comment was more in reference to your lack of support for the team today. Wasn't doubting your colours so I apologise if it came across that way

I will always be a Unitedite.

The league above players - I wouldn't call Hammond, Woolford or Sammon anywhere near the required standard to raise our game and get promoted. They are more like 'List D' players, after Clough went to McCabe with his other three lists, which might have involved him putting his hands in his pockets and shelling out more than £500k per player.

pommpey

Will you 2 start rowing again FFS? Lydon's having his hair done ready to watch the ruck and you two pansies get all loved up.

Pommps, Spongebob told me he thinks all sailors are puffs.

These days, he might be right.

We are all-embracing, diversity-aware and singing the hymn of equality these days.

Despite us employing excellent non-UK nationals and all sexual orientations since the navy was even thought about, even before acts and races thus were considered beastly and the work of Satan himself.*

pommpey

*by bigots and homophobes

A little late perhaps, but our season starts today.
Today, we show what we can do as a team worthy of the hype.
Today, we slam the gates of Fortress Bramall Lane firmly shut.
Today we bludgeon Oxford into oblivion.
This is the day we go on a run that will determine our season and win us promotion.
We are champions.
We will fight like gladiators and we will triumph.
Tonight, we will look back with the sweetest of memories at the most perfect of performances that has left the footballing world in no doubt whatsoever, that we are back.
Either that, or an undeserved, scrappy, 95th minute own goal, one nil win.
Come on you red and white Wizaaaaarrrrds!!!

I'm thanking GCB for everything.

What even your sore nob:eek:.

ayvn8m.gif~c200

Nope. All bollocks. We were heading for another dismal home defeat. Fortunately someone got under their skin in the second 45 and we won. I'm not holding my breath though. You might think four points out of fifteen is fucking pucker. I don't.

I'll apologise if we are promoted next May. You and your ridiculous optimism has a very, very long way to go until then.

pommpey

I'm not counting my chickens just yet but it's fair to say I'm foaming at the mouth in anticipation of this one............

:p;)

There will always be pessimists, negatives and "well-poisoners" to take out their frustrations on others, especially their polar opposites - the optimists, positives and team-builders. Then there are "realists" who manage maybe to be objective and assess a situation based less on emotion and more on fact, logical thought-process and analysis. Football fans find it very difficult (if not impossible) to filter out emotion. Blades fans have had to endure prolonged pain and anguish at the hands of in-house incompetence, together with more than a fair share of external injustice. The fans can hold their heads highest of all........ no other club would have enjoyed loyalty that SUFC has received.
Now it's the fans turn to get their rewards. We should not be at each other's throats at a time like this. Accept the bitter and illogical rants for what they are, born out of justifiable grievances and prolonged frustration, and join together in this long-awaited celebration of success.
THE BLADES ARE GOING UP
AS CHAMPIONS
TO SHAKE UP THE CHAMPIONSHIP
TO PUNISH THE WENDY!!
AND WHO KNOWS WHERE CW WILL TAKE US?

Weve not had our 20 point reduction yet , for Connor Sammons disgusting X-rated impersonation of a Footballer nicking wages .

Now it's the fans turn to get their rewards. We should not be at each other's throats at a time like this.
Nobody is at each other's throats mate. The thread was re-emerged by someone else and I took a lot of stick from Pommps at the time. Come the day we clinch promotion we will be be celebrating just as much as each other

its a joyous day a coming
when blades who believe now and the cautious blades get to release 5 years of disappointments in this league

theres going to be no one waiting to say told you so
just hug each other and take it all in

we will be released from this purgatory

I'm not counting my chickens just yet but it's fair to say I'm foaming at the mouth in anticipation of this one............

:p;)

And you'll get the apology. I will trade us going up just for that.

In context, we were shit last August and looking like yet another season in this division having just taken four from fifteen.

pommpey

And you'll get the apology. I will trade us going up just for that.

In context, we were shit last August and looking like yet another season in this division having just taken four from fifteen.

pommpey
Pompey, we might not agree on everything and yes we were all over the place at the start if the season but we did eventually gel and for all my optimism even I didn't think Wilder would have got us going to the extent we have. Let's just all breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy it when we finally say turrah to this shithouse league
UTB

Pompey, we might not agree on everything and yes we were all over the place at the start if the season but we did eventually gel and for all my optimism even I didn't think Wilder would have got us going to the extent we have. Let's just all breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy it when we finally say turrah to this shithouse league
UTB

I'm fucking overjoyed we are where we are, the situation we were in in Aug 2016 has been completely rectified and this team has gelled. I rejoice in it.

What concerns me is that we reaching a critical component of this season - the Ched Evans Zone. If we lose this season's Ched Evans to injury, are you confident Lavery can get us over the line? Do we think putting Freeman up to might be a fall-back answer?

And, it seems to me we are as good as nailed on to go up, if he remains uninjured. I'd like to think that our well-earned, well-deserved and well-overdue position is going to be reinforced in August and our team will ship out players who will undoubtedly struggle against a vastly superior top ten Championship sides and relegated PL sides.

pommpey

I'm fucking overjoyed we are where we are, the situation we were in in Aug 2016 has been completely rectified and this team has gelled. I rejoice in it.

What concerns me is that we reaching a critical component of this season - the Ched Evans Zone. If we lose this season's Ched Evans to injury, are you confident Lavery can get us over the line? Do we think putting Freeman up to might be a fall-back answer?

And, it seems to me we are as good as nailed on to go up, if he remains uninjured. I'd like to think that our well-earned, well-deserved and well-overdue position is going to be reinforced in August and our team will ship out players who will undoubtedly struggle against a vastly superior top ten Championship sides and relegated PL sides.

pommpey
The difference between now and when Ched was around/ not around was that we had no other strikers & the goals dried up (Stevenage play offs, Mk, Huddersfield) whereas this time we still have goals in us. Granted if we lose Billy we won't be prolific but the others are starting to chip on more. Certainly have enough to get us over the line this time.

Just stop. Rememberthe pub in Baker Street when we were laughing at the few no chance miserable Huddersfield fans mooching around, three times at the Green Man at Wembley when all we had to do was turn up to beat. Wednesday, crystal Palace and Burnley. That boozer in Cardiff we took over, in 2002. Stretford High Street that day when if Birmingham and us won we were up, but we didn't. Millions at MK Dons but Beattie missed and Antonio scored. That desultory marquee at Exeter. Tigers Tigers Ha Ha Ha a couple of years ago. For Christ's sake, for once, please let's keep our feet on the ground, it's far from over yet, stop celebrating promotion before we've won it.

Lavery is bursting for a run of starts and I'm sure would bag a few. Clarke is somewhwere near, Hanson is a willing trier and of course Done could come back with either of those too. Chapman has a U23 game under his belt and could come on for the last 30 minutes.

As Spongebob said, the difference is that this season we are playing with confidence and scoring. In 2012 we only had Ched, an injured Hoskins and a useless O'Hallaran. Things really are different this season. I'm not counting chickens and it will be Northampton/Port Vale at the earliest that we will be up, but I am confident that an injury to Billy would not derail us.

Lavery is bursting for a run of starts and I'm sure would bag a few. Clarke is somewhwere near, Hanson is a willing trier and of course Done could come back with either of those too. Chapman has a U23 game under his belt and could come on for the last 30 minutes.

As Spongebob said, the difference is that this season we are playing with confidence and scoring. In 2012 we only had Ched, an injured Hoskins and a useless O'Hallaran. Things really are different this season. I'm not counting chickens and it will be Northampton/Port Vale at the earliest that we will be up, but I am confident that an injury to Billy would not derail us.
Agree but there are still things that could go wrong. I'm not going to list them here because it would be morbid and they're pretty unlikely.

Agree but there are still things that could go wrong. I'm not going to list them here because it would be morbid and they're pretty unlikely.

True .

And watch the reaction on here if things begin to slip !

Here's hoping we just keep doing what we've been doing since September . I think we will too :)

True .

And watch the reaction on here if things begin to slip !

Here's hoping we just keep doing what we've been doing since September . I think we will too :)
I'm quite confident myself, just aware it's not job done yet.

Back
Top Bottom