Norwood - The elephant in the room.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seems a bit harsh to come out of nowhere and post this. Whilst I agree that his time here is done, he's been an excellent player for the club and I don't see what's prompted this.

It's just unbelievable that he's made almost 100 Premier league appearances for us but only has 1 assist.

How is that even possible?

Here's a list of players who have more Premier League assists for Sheffield United than Oli Norwood.

Brian Deane
Glyn Hodges
Dane Whitehouse
George Baldock
Gus Hamer
John Lundstram
Enda Stevens
Carl Bradshaw
John Fleck
Jostein Flo
Brian Gayle
Nick Montgomery
Lys Mousset
John Gannon
Derek Geary
Colin Kazim-Richards
Adrian Littlejohn
James McAtee
Oliver McBurnie
David McGoldrick
Chris Basham
Sander Berge
Franz Carr
Kevin Gage
Keith Gillespie
Jamie Hoyland
Ben Osborn
Stephen Quinn
Jack Robinson
Billy Sharp
Mitch Ward
I get the point you're making, however, nobody has ever really said Norwood is great for his assists/ goals. He switched the play to our wingbacks & overlapping CB's to create so many chances & goals when Wilder-Ball was in full swing.

It's a shame how its ended with Norwood as for me he should be seen as a top Blade that helped us achieve things that some of us haven't witnessed as a blade before. During the Wilder promotion season the combination of Duffy, Fleck & Norwood was unstoppable.

It's just unbelievable that he's made almost 100 Premier league appearances for us but only 1 assist.

Because his role has been a deeper one, where he's often been the person to make the pass to the one who created the assist.

I am a bit surprised by the stat, but it doesn't take anything away from what he's achieved with us.

I know the gamehas become full of silly and useless stats but I would actually like to see 2nd assists recorded.

IE. who played the pass to the one who played the final pass?

I reckon Oli would rank very highly there, very much contributing but never far enough forward to be the one that delivers the final ball.

Norwood has been good for in the past for us. Unfortunately, he is passed it now and will be released at the end of this season hopefully.

Such a shame he didnt leave at the end of last season, been absolute class signing and all the good is not getting remembered .. thanks Oli you really kicked us on, when i taught Coutts was irreplaceable .. his time with us overall has been a class ..

Such a shame he didnt leave at the end of last season, been absolute class signing and all the good is not getting remembered .. thanks Oli you really kicked us on, when i taught Coutts was irreplaceable .. his time with us overall has been a class ..

We have let the likes of Stevens, Fleck and Sharp down by not giving them a proper send off.

Seems a bit harsh to come out of nowhere and post this. Whilst I agree that his time here is done, he's been an excellent player for the club and I don't see what's prompted this.
Nothing happening at Hillsborough.

A good player not an excellent, amazing or outstanding player.
Not fit to lace the boots of Couttsey or KMac.

As many said in the past, there's a reason he never played for any other of his promoted clubs in the Prem.
Wasn't good enough in the Championship last season.

However, he is as good at pointing & waving his arms about as Monty ever was.

A good player not an excellent, amazing or outstanding player.
Not fit to lace the boots of Couttsey or KMac.

As many said in the past, there's a reason he never played for any other of his promoted clubs in the Prem.
Wasn't good enough in the Championship last season.

However, he is as good at pointing & waving his arms about as Monty ever was.

Not playing in the Premier League seems strange reasoning when he played over twice as many games there than MacDonald, and Coutts never even got near it and played most of his games in League One.

ON was prominent in some of the best seasons of football that I have seen the Blades play. Now we seem to want to ignore this and rewrite history and say he has never been good enough. I love him and am sad that the game has moved on (especially the PL) and he is not quite up to it physically. He still gives everything that he has when he is on the park and I would keep him around next year, not a popular choice I know.
We can all have our opinion on him and if we think that he is not good enough, fair enough, but we really dont need to go in on him after the good times that he has helped to give us.

Norwood of 5/6 years ago was pure class. Superb on the ball, great range of passing and was the fulcrum of the team.
Even at his best, I always thought that he should have scored more - particularly free kicks - and for his ability, his dead balls have been pretty average overall, and pretty shit for the last few years.
When teams realised that all they had to do was close him down to stop us playing through him, we started to look limited.
Sadly the last 2 or 3 years haven’t been the best of him but he doesn’t deserve the shit that some people post on here.
Thanks Oli, you have been great, but for me, it’s time to move on.

Norwood is easily one of the best ball playing midfielders we’ve had in recent years. But I fear his continuing presence in the team is going to tarnish his legacy at the club he clearly loves.

It's just unbelievable that he's made almost 100 Premier league appearances for us but only has 1 assist.

Assists are probably the most unfair stat of all. You can make 10 chances a match, but if nobody knocks them in, you don't have an assist.

There was a time when we all knew that any opposition team’s best bet to try and beat us was to focus completely on shutting down Norwood. That shows how important he was to our play. And that was when we had some of our most successful seasons of recent decades.

Norwood makes a better elephant in a room than Souza does an elephant on the pitch

I don’t think Norwood has an elephant in his front room.

Back
Top Bottom