Next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We must be champion! (or play-off.) Next year will be a very strong, I think the arab prince will do good work ;)

That's the hope Kaz, much depends on who Nigel brings in over the summer. We need two good forwards, plus to strengthen throughout the team.

I hope you're right and that HRH proves to be a Prince amongst men.

I reckon Foxy should get Saga to sponsor this site :D

Watched my first television at school(Manor Lane) in 1953 for the Coronation of our present Queen.

Bought our first television in 1957. Bush, black and white.

Been in Saga 16 years!!

As regards FA Cup, went to Elland Road Semi-final in 1961 -draw 0-0. robbed by wrongly disallowed goal for purported Doc Pace handball - can still plainly see him chest it down! Not permitted to go to the two replays - school days, my Dad went to both.

I have today purchased one of them books you called a 'dictionary'.
,(it cost me 4.99 from whsmiths),
but HELP ! Nowhere in the book does it tell me what gentrified Blades-speak,means !
Have I bought the wrong book..?
:(

Well our mate Hartley Hare understood, but as I'm a generous soul this is what you do;

You look up Gentrification or Gentrified, gently tweak this until it's appropriate for the posts of HH (no swearing, no corruption of the English language, it'll help if you are on familiar terms with P.G.Wodehouse, and many other upper middle class references), consider what's relevant to this site, mix this all together, and that Joey, should bring you to what could have been achieved via Google. But I will say one thing, a dictionary should prove indispensable if you're prepared to use it, so at under a fiver you should own a bargain! Truth is, HH is unlike other posters, so he needs your patience and the ability not to take any of it too seriously.
;)

Every year people say this. Every. Single. Year. Leagues cannot just continue to weaken over time.
It has been getting weaker mod ,but the only problem is so as our side ,hopefully all this is about to change

With the backing of the Prince & the money from the cup run then i would expect us to be contenders for automatic.

Certainly in the top 6. Anything else would be a huge failure.

NC knows that expectations will be inflated after our finish to the season. Likewise the Prince. Im sure it will be a season to remember.

Has nobody noticed the Arsenal of the north are only a point away from the bottom three in the Championship?

I'm hoping for a Donny, Barnsley, Us, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Bradford, Notts County, Scunny and York League One.

You know for ££ reasons.

With the backing of the Prince & the money from the cup run then i would expect us to be contenders for automatic.

Certainly in the top 6. Anything else would be a huge failure.

NC knows that expectations will be inflated after our finish to the season. Likewise the Prince. Im sure it will be a season to remember.
Buying success isnt that easy. I prefer a good mix of continuity and a few quality players

You got it Grumpy.

I think the original question was who might be older than myself on here? I can already imagine there'll be a few who can recall fighting Rommel.

Didn't he go 15 rounds with Sugar Ray Robinson?

Buying success isnt that easy. I prefer a good mix of continuity and a few quality players

I never suggested that either.

But with the Prince & FA cup money. We should be able to get in the players we need to challenge.

As regards FA Cup, went to Elland Road Semi-final in 1961 -draw 0-0. robbed by wrongly disallowed goal for purported Doc Pace handball - can still plainly see him chest it down! Not permitted to go to the two replays - school days, my Dad went to both.
That one still haunts my poor old baby-boomer Pop - Doc showing the ref the mud patch on his collar bone!

Pinchers old lad, I think your beard obsession has finally chipped away at who, when, and where.

Incidentally, as much as I like Sugar Ray #1, I much prefer Sugar Ray #2, Leonard that is.

Both are amongst the pound for pound top ten of all time but many old-timers regard Ray Robinson as the greatest of them all. Leonard's fights with Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Benitez are, of course, legendary.

Both are amongst the pound for pound top ten of all time but many old-timers regard Ray Robinson as the greatest of them all. Leonard's fights with Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Benitez are, of course, legendary.

That really was a golden age for boxing, and the quality of fighters in the welterweight (?) division was extremely high. I don't keep up with it to quite the same degree these days, so who knows what the current state of boxing is like?

Last edited:
It has been getting weaker mod ,but the only problem is so as our side ,hopefully all this is about to change

How has it? Which divisions have been getting stronger as a result then?

Last time I checked, athletes were improving over time due to advances in technology and better understanding of diet and training techniques. Footballers are undoubtedly better today than they were 50 years ago. If players and teams continue to get stronger, how on Earth is it possible that whichever division we are in gets weaker every bloody year. Every year without fail people trot this out.

When did Colour Tv come in ? I reckon we got one in 1971 ,because this was the first cup final I saw in colour.

images

You got it Grumpy.

I think the original question was who might be older than myself on here? I can already imagine there'll be a few who can recall fighting Rommel.

And a few think they bloody are Rommel.

When did Colour Tv come in ? I reckon we got one in 1971 ,because this was the first cup final I saw in colour.

images
I think Wimbledon 1967 was the first colour tv programme in Britain. First FA Cup final in colour was the 1968 one between WBA and Everton (Jeff Astle scored the only goal in extra time). First MOTD in colour was Liverpool v West Ham on 15th Nov 1969 (we were on MOTD in the previous week losing 2-1 at QPR). My first FA Cup final was L**ds v Chelsea in 1970 but watched it in the B & W tv at home. My first FA Cup final in colour was L**ds v Arsenal in 1972 at my Wendy supporting Uncle Pete's house in Abney Close. First time we had Colour tv first at my house was during the 1974 World Cup

Robinson a bit before my time (and Pinchy's - & Itsinyerbloods too, as he's the same age as me!). Apart from Ali, who as Cassius Clay sucked me into a lifetime love of boxing, my favourite fighter has to be Hagler (seek and destroy), a pure fighting machine who I first saw take the cocky Alan Minter apart and then go on to rule such a devastating division. Any decision that ever went against him sucked as far as I'm concerned :)

Robinson a bit before my time (and Pinchy's - & Itsinyerbloods too, as he's the same age as me!). Apart from Ali, who as Cassius Clay sucked me into a lifetime love of boxing, my favourite fighter has to be Hagler (seek and destroy), a pure fighting machine who I first saw take the cocky Alan Minter apart and then go on to rule such a devastating division. Any decision that ever went against him sucked as far as I'm concerned :)
My friend took a break in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia ( bet you sang that last bit) last year ,they rented a Cabin on a mountain miles from anywhere and arrived at night ,there was only one other cabin on the hill ,they ended up making friends with the family living there after they came round and welcomed them , only realising after a couple of days it was Marvin Hagler. Apparently as nice a man as you could meet ,bit gutted because I could have gone too :(

Reactions: LSF

Back
Top Bottom