New episode of Blades Heaven -- Carl Asaba on takeover talk, McBurnie charges dropped & more!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FH Team

Reaction score
Hi all -- Blades Heaven has returned after the World Cup break and we'd love you to check it out!

Carl Asaba gives his views on the strong stance of the EFL on the charges brought on Oli McBurnie (now dropped), the takeover talk and what kind of new owner would be ideal, plus lots more!

Your feedback is still very much appreciated. This is a developing pod and we just want to bring Blades fans content you are interested in! So feel free to let us know what you think!

You can subscribe and get this wherever you get your podcasts by searching for Blades Heaven, or you can click here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0dqyrp1

Thank you and Merry Xmas Blades!

p0d7l20p.jpg

Hi all -- Blades Heaven has returned after the World Cup break and we'd love you to check it out!

Carl Asaba gives his views on the strong stance of the EFL on the charges brought on Oli McBurnie (now dropped), the takeover talk and what kind of new owner would be ideal, plus lots more!

Your feedback is still very much appreciated. This is a developing pod and we just want to bring Blades fans content you are interested in! So feel free to let us know what you think!

You can subscribe and get this wherever you get your podcasts by searching for Blades Heaven, or you can click here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0dqyrp1

View attachment 149780
Just listening now, I'm sure it'll be good and loving the Status Quo type intro! Surprised Piggy Rob Staton is presenting it though! Sorry, it's just too easy and very boring I know but I felt the need to say it!

Just listening now, I'm sure it'll be good and loving the Status Quo type intro! Surprised Piggy Rob Staton is presenting it though! Sorry, it's just too easy and very boring I know but I felt the need to say it!

Well, all feedback welcome 😂

Hadn't realised the charges against McB had been dropped, is that since he was found not guilty in the Magistrate's court?

Apologies, the wording is wrong. Should read he was cleared, not that charges were dropped.

Strong statement from the EFL but no one seems to be asking the question why have Nottingham Forest not been charged with failing to keep our players safe and controlling their fans? Clubs further down the leagues have been charged and fined and their fans pursued by the police yet in the case of NFFC we hear nothing from the FA or the EFL or indeed Nottinghamshire constabulary why ? Does promotion to the EPL make you immune ?

Strong statement from the EFL but no one seems to be asking the question why have Nottingham Forest not been charged with failing to keep our players safe and controlling their fans? Clubs further down the leagues have been charged and fined and their fans pursued by the police yet in the case of NFFC we hear nothing from the FA or the EFL or indeed Nottinghamshire constabulary why ? Does promotion to the EPL make you immune ?

Yes, makes you wonder
When a part of our stadium has effectively been closed because a few morons decided to shout siddarn at a few other morons who were probably trying to create an atmosphere with their mates.

They continued to moan siddarn until they attracted the attention of the stewards, who then pushed and shoved people about, which then brought a reaction from fans, which then brought a reaction from the safety wokes

Fucking pathetic

Having listened to it just now, I have to agree with my fellow blade's, why did the scab constabulary and CPS insist on a prosecution, why have florist not been charged or the support for going on the pitch. 🤔🤔🤔

Having listened to it just now, I have to agree with my fellow blade's, why did the scab constabulary and CPS insist on a prosecution, why have florist not been charged or the support for going on the pitch. 

Nothing to do with Notts Police. Alleged victims makes a complaint. Policec are obliged to deal. Decision to proceed is down to CPS only.

View attachment 149780
Thanks for the enjoyable podcast. As requested, some feedback.
My main thought is does this add anything? Sadly, the answer is, not really.
It does seem a bit of a “me to” approach. Fans are doing podcasts, they seem to be popular, we should do one as well.
There are a whole spectrum of Blades podcast Beans, Roygbiv, Deadbat, let alone YorkBlade and Nick’s excellent YouTube Sheff United Way.
Unless you are able to differentiate the product which, for contractual reasons, may be difficult, you probably need to find a different angle where you can add value. It’s how best to use the extensive resources you undoubtably have.
These are intended to be constructive observations.

i really enjoy the podcast. as i like hearing carl asaba's views longform. thats not possible on matchday. i think its been a nice addition to the bbc sounds

was good to hear asaba say what most of us thought. that it shouldve been, that i dont care what happened on the pitch you shouldnt have invaded the pitch. dont commit the illegal act & it wouldnt have happened. agree that we are sleepwalking to inevitable repeat of the crowd trouble in may with play offs again

had a chuckle at the end "you got to make a noise, when anel goes in"

i really enjoy the podcast. as i like hearing carl asaba's views longform. thats not possible on matchday. i think its been a nice addition to the bbc sounds

was good to hear asaba say what most of us thought. that it shouldve been, that i dont care what happened on the pitch you shouldnt have invaded the pitch. dont commit the illegal act & it wouldnt have happened. agree that we are sleepwalking to inevitable repeat of the crowd trouble in may with play offs again

had a chuckle at the end "you got to make a noise, when anel goes in"

Thanks for listening! You've got to love Anel

Back
Top Bottom