New Club to Join United World?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I will find out what I can. If our pretending to be skint owner ....skint since 2019 according to him ....buys this club I think most genuine Blades fans will be raging. (as opposed to Abdullah's United World fans ) I wonder if the Prem approves of him squandering Blades Prem money on other clubs outside of the UK. I think all genuine Blades fans ought to email the Prem & ask them. It may explain to them how over 5 seasons he's had over £700 M just in Prem Revenue alone , yet he's stunk out the Prem this season with a League 1 team skill wise. I think they may be interested where he's spent Blades money. Football is different to other businesses the Prem money is a sort of grant , so a club can recruit & pay Prem fees & wages. The big stink we've inflicted on the Prem League neutral viewers is the talk of the Prem.
Bring it up at the next Senior Blades meeting.

If you put it as nonsensically as the post above then at least it will stimulate conversation over dinner.

I was working in Randers some years ago and went to see Randers FC when Colin Todd was manager.
Nice little stadium and the town is great...several really decent bars and they get their beer pumped directly from the brewery at the bottom of the road.....bloody nectar!
They have played in the European cup i believe over the years but usually get knocked out early rounds.

Reactions: Dkc
I was working in Randers some years ago and went to see Randers FC when Colin Todd was manager.
Nice little stadium and the town is great...several really decent bars and they get their beer pumped directly from the brewery at the bottom of the road.....bloody nectar!
They have played in the European cup i believe over the years but usually get knocked out early rounds.
I'm often up there and have actually seen more Randers games than Blades matches this season. The Thor brewery's unfortunately closed. They still have the beer but it's brewed elsewhere.

Something like five of the 14 clubs in the Danish top flight qualify for Europe so Randers (stadium capacity 10k, average crowd 5k) play a fair bit of European football. Galatasaray and Leicester City are recent opponents. They have an outside chance of the Conference League this season. You're right, it's a nice town, just north of Aarhus with a big river running through it.

Denmark over-achieves at international level and produces many good young players. A co-operation agreement would be a good thing for the Blades if we have first dibs on their young talent, but I can't see how it would benefit Randers without some investment

I'm pretty sure I saw him get sent off for us. (In my mind it was for some kind of karate kick, but that would be crackers).

Edit: Scratch that, I was mixing him up with Sun Jaih. Apparently we had Lie Tie for a whole season and he never played for us. Shirecliffe sniper?

Li Tie played at least once. As I remember seeing him against Bury in the League Cup.

I'm often up there and have actually seen more Randers games than Blades matches this season. The Thor brewery's unfortunately closed. They still have the beer but it's brewed elsewhere.

Something like five of the 14 clubs in the Danish top flight qualify for Europe so Randers (stadium capacity 10k, average crowd 5k) play a fair bit of European football. Galatasaray and Leicester City are recent opponents. They have an outside chance of the Conference League this season. You're right, it's a nice town, just north of Aarhus with a big river running through it.

Denmark over-achieves at international level and produces many good young players. A co-operation agreement would be a good thing for the Blades if we have first dibs on their young talent, but I can't see how it would benefit Randers without some investment
I was working at Vestas wind systems. yes, a very deep fjord hence the reason the manufacture of the huge wind turbine towers were produced and shipped from there.
Wonder if my Blades flag is still up behind Barry's Bar! Would be a great pre season tour as Ryanair fly into Aarhus i think.

I am scratching my head here . If our owner is skint as much as he has us belief and the club is costing millions a year to run as are his other clubs my on earth would he want another one ?
He is not conventionally skint. By any normal assessment he's a very rich man. Sometimes very rich men just want stuff. Sometimes just so they've got stuff. Not for any particular reason. He wants football clubs. And he can afford to buy them.

You can try coming at it with normal bloke logic. But the answer will usually be Rich Man Logic.

He is not conventionally skint. By any normal assessment he's a very rich man. Sometimes very rich men just want stuff. Sometimes just so they've got stuff. Not for any particular reason. He wants football clubs. And he can afford to buy them.

You can try coming at it with normal bloke logic. But the answer will usually be Rich Man Logic.

Hows the polo shirt collection going?

None of it makes much sense in a day to day point of view. Bit like how glaziers bought manure and somehow the club ends up in the debt from it....

How much would a club in Denmark cost anyway?

Buying more clubs probably actually makes united world more attractive to potential buyers if someone was looking at is as a whole

A pity he can't afford to run one in the way it should be run .

A pity he can't afford to run one in the way it should be run .
But that's opinion though. I think there is an argument that the Prince is acquiring clubs he, as a conventionally wealthy man, can afford to purchase. Some of them play at a very low level. In places well off the Global Football Map. And, there is an argument he is trying to/aspires to run them in a sustainable expenditure equals income way.

He's obviously got his spreadsheets out of whack recently, when he couldn't afford to pay the SUFC bills for a while.

But, I think there is an argument he is a conventionally wealthy man, with his money basically accruing from his Royal status. (Albeit via a paper empire). Who wants a portfolio of football clubs around the World. And to watch them ticking over on the Tele from one of his mansions.

He knows he's not wealthy enough to own an elite team. He knows he's not wealthy enough to keep ploughing money into the running costs of any of his clubs.

This narrative that an English football club should/must be run by the owner pumping the maximum running costs allowed under financial rules has become embedded.

As a fan, I don't want that.

I have no insight. But maybe the Prince is reasonably happy with his expanding portfolio of clubs. Clubs he can afford. And enjoy.

Well the way things are looking we will join those who are playing low level football to .As for him enjoying his portfolio of clubs it's a pity the fans are not enjoying them either . With what I have read we are not the only fans of his clubs not enjoying his rein either .

I am scratching my head here . If our owner is skint as much as he has us belief and the club is costing millions a year to run as are his other clubs my on earth would he want another one ?
Because he’s an astute businessman *

* by that I mean someone who couldn’t be trusted to run a fucking tap…..

But that's opinion though. I think there is an argument that the Prince is acquiring clubs he, as a conventionally wealthy man, can afford to purchase. Some of them play at a very low level. In places well off the Global Football Map. And, there is an argument he is trying to/aspires to run them in a sustainable expenditure equals income way.

He's obviously got his spreadsheets out of whack recently, when he couldn't afford to pay the SUFC bills for a while.

But, I think there is an argument he is a conventionally wealthy man, with his money basically accruing from his Royal status. (Albeit via a paper empire). Who wants a portfolio of football clubs around the World. And to watch them ticking over on the Tele from one of his mansions.

He knows he's not wealthy enough to own an elite team. He knows he's not wealthy enough to keep ploughing money into the running costs of any of his clubs.

This narrative that an English football club should/must be run by the owner pumping the maximum running costs allowed under financial rules has become embedded.

I have no insight. But maybe the Prince is reasonably happy with his expanding portfolio of clubs. Clubs he can afford. And enjoy.
He might be enjoying it, I’m not too sure too many of us are.

I’ve had accidents more enjoyable than this…..

But your last line is the hole in your viewpoint - he can't ENJOY us coz he can't FUND us - unless you claim that he enjoys owning SUFC , the laughing stock of the whole UK , seen all over world media - is he a masochist ?

But your last line is the hole in your viewpoint - he can't ENJOY us coz he can't FUND us - unless you claim that he enjoys owning SUFC , the laughing stock of the whole UK , seen all over world media - is he a masochist ?
I don't know. He is a conventionally wealthy man, who doesn't live in the UK, who owns football clubs a lot of people have never heard of, in leagues that the world media don't follow at all, he will see what is happening through a different lens to you and me.

"We" find the situation at our club embarrassing - he may not. It is only embarrassing if he is trying to use the club as some sort of status symbol. Something to brag about. My guess is that the club and it's success or failure occupies a very small part of his wealthy man time.

Again - your argument uses normal bloke logic, but he can use Rich Bloke Logic.

I don't know. He is a conventionally wealthy man, who doesn't live in the UK, who owns football clubs a lot of people have never heard of, in leagues that the world media don't follow at all, he will see what is happening through a different lens to you and me.

"We" find the situation at our club embarrassing - he may not. It is only embarrassing if he is trying to use the club as some sort of status symbol. Something to brag about. My guess is that the club and it's success or failure occupies a very small part of his wealthy man time.

Again - your argument uses normal bloke logic, but he can use Rich Bloke Logic.
Point taken but if true he's one big feckin weirdo and represents everything that's wrong with not only us but Beerschott & others.
Remote owner , not worried about failure , can't be arsed about our performances or future.
The sort of bloke who would put student flats on the Lane if he could add another few clubs to his portfolio

Randers now two games from Europe with one round to play (and a potential play off) despite finishing in the bottom half of the table.

With 2/3 of the season gone the Danish league splits into Championship / relegation groups, with the seven teams in each group retaining their points. The top two in the Championship group qualify for Europe along with the cup winners. The 3rd-placed team enters into a playoff with the top team in the relegation group (currently Randers) for the final European place. I think something similar happens in Scotland.

This means that if you finish 4th you miss out on Europe, but if you finish 7th you can still qualify for Europe.

How do we get out of this United world bollocks? What have we ever had out of it? It’s a right load of shite!
These international connections didn't work previously either. The focus should have been on establishing United as a top tier team before any consideration be given to the club's forging foreign links.

Prince has got the same approach to buying clubs as Nicolas Cage did to buying houses!

Likes the idea but can't afford the upkeep of any of them!

Back
Top Bottom