Neill Collins

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tad harsh on Collins IMHO. I know it went pear-shaped towards the end for him and the team but he was an integral part of the Clough team that went 10 games (from memory) without conceding a goal, including an away win at Huddersfield where he was awesome. I would suggest he was also instrumental in helping Harry Maguire along at the time too. The pair of them were immense for a time.

Always appeared to give his all, even if his all wasn't good enough in his latter days.

Yes and his inept performances helped us get relegated . Short memories on all that. He is a bully and useless twat .

UTB

Joe Cole was on soccer am a couple of weeks ago and they asked him who he thought had the worst temperament of everyone he's played with.

He said Neil Collins.. " a crazy Scottish bloke who has the mentally of someone who watches brave heart twice a day"

Maybe he's headed one too many

Happy to buck the trend on this one.

Not suggesting he was a legend by any means but I don't think it is quite fair to deride his heading ability.

When he was dropped under Clough, this is one area of the pitch we did miss him, at both ends.

He might not have been Beckenbauer with the ball at his feet but his was decent aerially.

I know the pic Pommpey posted raised a few chortles, me included but I don't recall him having a head like a 50p.

On VIP Blades I Collins appears to have morphed into Beckenbauresque legendary status, some on here seem to also hold him in high regard.

Let's have it right players like Collins are synonymous with our years of failure and getting shut of him was something we can all be grateful to Adkins for!

Think I'm wrong?

Who would swap him for Wright, EEL or I Connell?

Wright is everything Collins wasn't.

He was no worst than Bob Booker and he became a club legend.

Are we allowed to say the same about Ched re performances? Asking for a friend.

Ched Evans is also a twat . He IMO didn't put any effort in when the chips were down . Not a leader . I cannot understand this Ched love in , with his father in law being chairman and company secretary of The Ched Fan Club Ltd and a number of sensible blades also being members .

Wilder has ( hopefully ) more sense than signing the fucker in JTW .

UTB

Ched Evans is also a twat . He IMO didn't put any effort in when the chips were down . Not a leader . I cannot understand this Ched love in , with his father in law being chairman and company secretary of The Ched Fan Club Ltd and a number of sensible blades also being members .

UTB

I was of the same point of view. Although I do think a Jan move is on the cards now

Happy to buck the trend on this one.

Not suggesting he was a legend by any means but I don't think it is quite fair to deride his heading ability.

When he was dropped under Clough, this is one area of the pitch we did miss him, at both ends.

He might not have been Beckenbauer with the ball at his feet but his was decent aerially.

I know the pic Pommpey posted raised a few chortles, me included but I don't recall him having a head like a 50p.

I also thought he was a very good header of the ball. If he had a fault it was his hesitancy at times. But I thought he won the majority of his headers and I'd go further and suggest that if we'd had him in Clough's team we may well have won the play off second leg at Swindon and been in the final again. We went into that game, and others, with no recognised centre half in the entire team. I went to that game and was listening to the pre-match build up on local radio before the game and it was something they commented on i.e. "no centre halves in the team".

I went to the away match at Barnsley last year and sat amongst the Dingles. (Obviously I had to dress down to fit in). Collins was immense in that game - the Dingles fans were saying, "that kid has won every single header - we could do with someone like that". They managed without him of course! But I think it was a fair comment from them.

Anyhow - he's been and gone now. I appreciated his contribution to the team and his passion for the club. He was treated badly by Clough and made a bit of a whipping boy by some fans who seemed to want to pin the decline of the club, during the years he was here, on him. The reason for the decline of the club was nothing to do with him - look no further than those who can't head a ball in the boardroom.

He was pretty good in the air. He was just garbage when anyone ran at him with a bit of pace or played off the shoulder.

Whenever there's a thread like this I always go back to Luton in 2006 and the lads with the shite ex-players names on the backs of their shirts.

If it ever happens again, imagine trying to whittle it down to one now?

Whenever there's a thread like this I always go back to Luton in 2006 and the lads with the shite ex-players names on the backs of their shirts.

If it ever happens again, imagine trying to whittle it down to one now?

'Whittle'

Yes he was a crap player, I'll give you that one.

"Luton" (Shelton) - another one!

How many others have you hidden in there?

UTB

Not sure where you sit on this one your Lordship? Are you saying you are for, or against, his return? ;)

What did he know about heading? He had a head like our MOD1 4.5 gun

WNBR_45-55_mk8_mod1_pic.jpg

pommpey
This is what Collo looks like without the hair.

image.jpeg

I would suggest he was also instrumental in helping Harry Maguire along at the time too. QUOTE]
I think you mean Harry extended his career by 2 years and that Collins owes him big time.

I really can't see how Collins helped Maguire, if he'd had a decent pacey CB alongside him we'd have been back in the Championship the first season

A load of decent players don't get half the coverage this useless Albatross does and I wish he wouldn't link himself to us at every opportunity. As for him tweeting Ramsdale he should remember the part he played in the decline of Long and the destruction of that young prospects confidence. He once cried on radio sheff and now some think he's a legend, give me strength. The worst centre back I have ever see at the lane. Good riddance he is not missed.

I hate it when anyone boos a player in a United shirt. I have never booed anyone, ever, in the last 55 years. Except Collins. And I've seen some fucking duds.

I hate it when anyone boos a player in a United shirt. I have never booed anyone, ever, in the last 55 years. Except Collins. And I've seen some fucking duds.

Me too.

I've never booed.

Well.......

...except Curran, Owen Morrison and Marlon King.

I've grown up now, so Lavrey just gets a token "PIG" as he enters the field of play.

Back
Top Bottom