Ndiaye, another post.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Today was my favourite Ndiaye goal ever. If I was back at school on Monday, I'd be reenactment it in the playground. As it is, I'll be in an NHS office, but I'll still have a go using a Mind Matters stress-ball and Darren from Early Intervention as Cardiff's goalie. I may also have to use Michael the Postman as the Cardiff defender.

What makes him stand out, for me, is the fact that alongside his undoubted talent he absolutely works his bollocks off for the team too. There are a number of players in the Premier League, and in the other top leagues across Europe, that can match him for skill, pace, trickery and goals, but how many of them track back to their own area to win the ball back? Not many. The boy’s got the lot, and he’s still a baby. I hope we get to see him in the red and white stripes next season in the prem before he gets his big move.
Bruno fernandes is worth how much? Illy is more skilful, better player, isn’t a mardy cunt and doesn’t feign injury

He genuinely has the work rate, skill and discipline to play for Man City

Think Mahrez , who would you rather have?

If he won’t sign an extension, £30m plus Doyle on a permanent and Macca back on loan I think is a good deal all round, but I don’t want to loose him….
5 year deal, top earner and a guaranteed move if we go back down should be the order of the day

It takes a rare specimen to ride the contact as well as he does while keeping complete control of the ball. Can barely think of any comparisons, even at the very top level
Is it a bit much to compare his dribbling and the way he glides and jinks past players a bit like messi? Trying to not have red and white glasses on here but like you said there’s no one I’ve seen currently who is like him!

Yeah it is our problem, there would be nothing we could do about it and he would be contractually able to do whatever he wants to do. Would still be a bit shit though, I'd hope for at least a little gratitude from him. And by gratitude I mean a decision that allows us to either keep him for a year or get at least £15m for him.
If he does that, then great. If he doesn’t, then he knows that all those clubs wanting to buy him would have another £15 MILLION to give to HIM instead of us. That’s £15 million extra pounds to give to his kids. Of course there’s always a risk - he might get a career-ending injury next year, and there’s a few hundred-thousand in a pay-rise from us he’d be missing out on.
But I think the idea he ‘should’ sign a contract out of gratitude to his employer, which would take millions of pounds out of his kids’ pockets and give it into the bank accounts of a limited company instead is a bit unlikely.

Bruno fernandes is worth how much? Illy is more skilful, better player, isn’t a mardy cunt and doesn’t feign injury

He genuinely has the work rate, skill and discipline to play for Man City

Think Mahrez , who would you rather have?

If he won’t sign an extension, £30m plus Doyle on a permanent and Macca back on loan I think is a good deal all round, but I don’t want to loose him….
5 year deal, top earner and a guaranteed move if we go back down should be the order of the day
Hit the nail on the head, with his workrate he really is unlike any forward in probably European football, if he does move on from us I really want him to be in a top champions league team, he’s that good

Another fabulous bit of skill for his goal today. Balance, quickness of thought and technical ability ghosted him past the keeper. Quality goal from a quality player etc.

The thing I'm posting about though, is the way he plays the game. He's a marked man who gets kicked, shoved, dragged all over the shop but he stays on his feet. One of the most honest players I've seen in my many years of watching the game, and in today's game that's refreshing to say the least. Watching Everton vs Fulham right now and watching how easy they fall down, I do wonder if he signed for a Premiership team, the first thing they'd drill into him is falling down with contact, or without in quite a few cases. I'm pretty sure his argument would be that if he stays on his feet he can beat players easily, but the Premiership game seems to be more geared up to rolling about and getting free kicks. I'd hate to see him start playing that way, and hopefully he can keep playing the way he is because in a sea of cheating, diving dog shittery, he's an island of hope.
Our magic ingredient this season is that we’ve got more than one lethal weapon. Everybody knows how good Illiman is and try to snuff him out of the game with multiple marking and dodgy tackles. But when our little genius is being stifled like this, we’ve got another bullet in the gun…James McAtee.

If he runs his contract down and fucks us off for a free transfer, wonder what we'll all think of him then.
I’d take it another season knowing he can arrange his own transfer, but sell him in the summer 15/20 million can we buy another illy or two with it nope

Yep, I beat you to it though, kind of replying to myself on that !

It's telling isn't it, how you have to go back to Maradona to find a truly good top level comparison. Even if there are others, there aren't many obvious ones

That touch to knock it from under their keeper was pure unadulterated, world class filth. Had that been a live PL game it would have been all over social media for the last 12 hours and been part of any future highlights.

Instead, we got a bunch of Carrick groupies on Sky, who seemingly missed it or couldn't be arsed to make much of a fuss.

He was man marked today and tbh the guy did a good job but in the end illy got his goal , that keeper is still looking for the ball now 😂

I just love Iliman Cheikh Baroy Ndiaye ⚔️

Illi is honest (not too honest!!), the powers that be should be recognizing this and working with refs to ensure that this honesty is rewarded and not the blatant cheating that is now accepted.
We can blame refs all we want, but if you have 22 players, coaches, pundits and the authorities all condoning diving/going down easily/not riding challenges then refs are being hung out to dry and the game we love keeps losing its soul.
I really am torn about wanting to be in the top league. I want us to be as high and successful as possible, but struggle with the cheating/VAR/ridiculous handball etc etc.
I suppose in summary I am a miserable old bastard who lives in the past 😉

I love him and say so out loud several times a game.
All the attributes have been mentioned but I’ll add that I simply love his eagerness to tackle back, which he does regularly and cleanly and sets us off again when other flair players would shrug and fuck it off as someone else’s job.
The league game v Blackburn, where he won it by dogged determination in his own half and got a goal like that.. ❤️

What makes him stand out, for me, is the fact that alongside his undoubted talent he absolutely works his bollocks off for the team too. There are a number of players in the Premier League, and in the other top leagues across Europe, that can match him for skill, pace, trickery and goals, but how many of them track back to their own area to win the ball back? Not many. The boy’s got the lot, and he’s still a baby. I hope we get to see him in the red and white stripes next season in the prem before he gets his big move.
This.

He is a once in a generation player that we are privileged to be able to watch and hopefully watch for one more season but enormous credit goes to Hecky and the coaching staff for how they’ve brought him on . Combined with Illimans attitude and willingness to learn they’ve both been good for each other !
As ever UTB !

It takes a rare specimen to ride the contact as well as he does while keeping complete control of the ball. Can barely think of any comparisons, even at the very top level
Messi is the one who comes to mind.

I'm not comparing him to Messi, other than saying he glides challenges like that too

I will never begrudge a player a move to a bigger club, specially one like Illi, its been said multiple times. A genuine talent, incredible work ethic, skill and seemingly well liked amongst fans, players and staff. I'll keep an eye on his career entirely because I like him as a footballer, regardless of what shirt he's wearing. Good luck to the lad, deserves it.

32 years watching United, best player I've seen. Hands down.
Yet still not good enough for the champ team of the season there must be some very very very good players or is it just he plays for the Blades? Incredible player it's embarrassing how honest and how humble and how good he is ... UTB

I can honestly see him playing for a top European Club, Inter Milan, Borussia Dortmund, Seville he’s that good. I love watching a player with great balance, he’s got that low centre of gravity as well, magical close control, opposing players don’t know what to do with him. If we do go up it would be nice to see him for one season at least with us in the Premier League. I wouldn’t begrudge him one bit playing for a top side, the effort he gives as well to the team is second to none.
I think he would be wasted in the prem. I agree with you. A top European club would be the best place for him.

Yep, I beat you to it though, kind of replying to myself on that !

It's telling isn't it, how you have to go back to Maradona to find a truly good top level comparison. Even if there are others, there aren't many obvious ones
Yeah I saw that after I’d posted. I agree I struggle to think of many dribblers/ball carriers who weren’t just touchline huggers and usually more of a one trick, after burners, whip it in merchants.

Only one springs to mind ;)

I’ve not read many threads this weekend due to being pissed for most of it, so apologies if mentioned elsewhere. Did anyone else think Ndiaye’s reaction after scoring seemed quite emotional? Pointing into the stands doing a love heart thing? Then gave his shirt away to a young fan after the game? Of course all very nice, but seemed quite emotional?

Today was my favourite Ndiaye goal ever. If I was back at school on Monday, I'd be reenactment it in the playground. As it is, I'll be in an NHS office, but I'll still have a go using a Mind Matters stress-ball and Darren from Early Intervention as Cardiff's goalie. I may also have to use Michael the Postman as the Cardiff defender.

Make sure as you see your 'Cardiff goalie' sold and wrapped, skip past him and take a touch you give a wry smile and ram the ball into the net!

I fucking LOVE NDaiye. What a fucking player.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom