Named after a great?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To cut a long story short and without giving away too much that could be considered to breach any sort of confidentiality, I recently had an interaction at work with someone that has triggered this conversation.

In asking someone’s name, he replied ‘Kit’… I thought I had misheard and replied ‘Keith’….. No ‘kit’ he said, as in the footballer. I was named after the Brighton player…..He was my old man’s hero”…

This led to further conversation about his later departed fathers hero Kit Napier, who was obviously a prolific Scottish born striker, who played at the club for 6 years in the 1960s / 70s (for the younger generation).

But I just wondered whether any of here have been named after, or have named your own kids after blades players?? Are you a Keith? Tony? Alan? Michael? Billy? Etc…. As a result of being name after a blades hero….or have name your own nippers after one?

(Awaits witty Anel comments 😂)
I know a child called Kit. I expect it will become quite popular due to Kit Harrington of Game of Thrones fame.

When I was at school, my mate at the time had 3 cousins.

A boy called Buick
And girls called Porsche and Carrera.

Not seen them for years

My lad asked me something similar the other day:

"Dad, why is my sister called Rosie?"

Well son, it was your mother's turn to name the baby so she called her Rosie because roses are her favourite thing.

"Oh right, cheers for telling me dad, I always wondered"

No problem, 7am Away Day Sesh.
Sorry OP, let's link this up.

My lad asked me something similar the other day:

"Dad, why is my sister called Rosie?"

Well son, it was your mother's turn to name the baby so she called her Rosie because roses are her favourite thing.

"Oh right, cheers for telling me dad, I always wondered"

No problem, Anel

Back
Top Bottom