Named after a great?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
To cut a long story short and without giving away too much that could be considered to breach any sort of confidentiality, I recently had an interaction at work with someone that has triggered this conversation.

In asking someone’s name, he replied ‘Kit’… I thought I had misheard and replied ‘Keith’….. No ‘kit’ he said, as in the footballer. I was named after the Brighton player…..He was my old man’s hero”…

This led to further conversation about his later departed fathers hero Kit Napier, who was obviously a prolific Scottish born striker, who played at the club for 6 years in the 1960s / 70s (for the younger generation).

But I just wondered whether any of here have been named after, or have named your own kids after blades players?? Are you a Keith? Tony? Alan? Michael? Billy? Etc…. As a result of being name after a blades hero….or have name your own nippers after one?

(Awaits witty Anel comments 😂)

Not personally, but I seem to remember a Blade called his daughter something along the lines of Jessica Morgan Jagielka (surname) around the time we got promoted in 2006. I'm sure it was in all the papers at the time.

Edit - thanks to the power of Google.. Jessica Morgan Jagielka Warnock Anderson.

Not personally, but I seem to remember a Blade called his daughter something along the lines of Jessica Morgan Jagielka (surname) around the time we got promoted in 2006. I'm sure it was in all the papers at the time.

Edit - thanks to the power of Google.. Jessica Morgan Jagielka Warnock Anderson.

Named after some players, a manager and a stand.

Impressive.

My mate gave the christian names of 'Bramall Laine' to his son a few years ago. Bramall is now a teenager but I haven't seen my mate for a while so I don't know if there's any festering resentment from young Bramall.

To cut a long story short and without giving away too much that could be considered to breach any sort of confidentiality, I recently had an interaction at work with someone that has triggered this conversation.

In asking someone’s name, he replied ‘Kit’… I thought I had misheard and replied ‘Keith’….. No ‘kit’ he said, as in the footballer. I was named after the Brighton player…..He was my old man’s hero”…

This led to further conversation about his later departed fathers hero Kit Napier, who was obviously a prolific Scottish born striker, who played at the club for 6 years in the 1960s / 70s (for the younger generation).

But I just wondered whether any of here have been named after, or have named your own kids after blades players?? Are you a Keith? Tony? Alan? Michael? Billy? Etc…. As a result of being name after a blades hero….or have name your own nippers after one?

That's BS. Clearly named after this legend....
210116150915-david-hasselhoff-kitt-car-restricted-super-tease.jpg

There are other ways to show Bladeyness than giving your kid a shit name. It's a bit naff really.

My brother in laws and nephew are pigs and they have stupid ex-pig player middle names. Cringeworthy.

I know someone who named his son Paddy, after our goalie Paddy Kenny.
He was exactly a massive fan of Paddy Kenny, but liked the name.

I would like to name my first born be they a boy or a girl:

Tony Ten-Heuvel Ahmehodovic Woodward "Surname"

But doubt the wife would go for it.

His hero was actually the 'Kit man' at the old Goldstone ground

Are you absolutely sure you didn't mishear again and he was actually named after Kif Kroker from Futurama?

6666050-%24.png

6 years' time, first day of term, reception class, 9am, most schools in Sheffield:
"Now then children, let's start with the register. I say your name and you call out Here Miss. Got it? OK let's start. Iliman? No not you Iliman Hughes. I mean the other Iliman. No Iliman Smith not you. Nor you either the other Iliman Smith. Iliman Jones, sit down please, you can go to the toilet after we've finished the register. Iliman Atwell, yes you, you're first."
"Actually miss I'm Sander Atwell, my twin brother Iliman is out for the season, done his ACL in Breakfast Club".

Back
Top Bottom