My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good team aren’t they?
Will you be going to Wembley for a spot of glory hunting, Pompous, or has the City draw put you off now?

Is it coincidence that Berge turns up for a high profile match like this with a huge audience? So frustrating this is the exception.

Sorry for the cynicism, so proud of them today.
Jesus. What a game. Sheffield United at their best. Coming from behind - twice - to secure a place in the semi-finals of the FA Cup. And with a goal that ranks as one of the best, most crucial and above all else, deserved beyond question because of the performance down there on the Bramall Lane turf. We deserve this, let's not fucking doubt ourselves what with all the fucking dogshit happening backstage with Dozy and the undersoil heating stupidity. Everyone phased that out and switched on against a team not here to be beat. They'd just nudged us aside in the Championship a month ago and we came out and locked it together. No one really played bad and everyone seemed to want it today. And now we are 180 minutes away from Europe and silverware.

We started under the cosh but rode it somewhat. We looked characteristically shakey in the first 10-20 minutes. McAtee should have been more clinical then they get a shot on goal which does - let's not fuck about - hit Jack's hand. Is it a penalty? Yes. I can't take anything away from the laws of the game. It hit Jack's hand and as soon as the ref went to the monitor you know he'd see it that way. But why VAR now and not next round or the final? Without it that penalty never gets given because the ref never sees it. It's a corner. But I expected us not to take that shit lying down and we didn't. We rode the storm and went at them exploiting the channels we always should because of the switch in formation. 3-4-2-1 suits us so much better because as soon as McAtee and MDaiye are on it they are on the back foot or legging them over. McBurnie just served as a warning that if her gets on the ball, he will score. Lowe's goal - well, them's the fucking breaks Blackburn. Gallagher scored a similar one two seasons ago when Berge cleared weakly on the near post so what comes around goes around.

To be honest, going in 1-1 at half time I kinda knew we'd get summat out of this ... even when we looked like ET and penalties. I just saw better spirit in all players.

Second half we plugged and plugged and got caught out by Lowe's sloppy pass which set them up for Smlodic who, because of the wingbacks, had had a quiet game up to then. But still, looking at the score at 1-2 and looking how much better we were playing, you knew Blackburn would fall victim to what we were giving them. It just had to happen. Okay, maybe before their goal McAtee should have killed them off but we were starting to strangle them slowly, showing the best of what we can give through the attacking midfielders and wide men not letting Blackburn fall into a patten of managing their lead. The next equaliser was deserved and well taken and uncharacteristically we simply selected fifth gear and floored the gas pedal. The winning goal was one we haven't seen for many yars at Bramall Lane and for those sat in the kop today it must have been fucking magical. He lamped it and their keeper touched it into the roof of the net. Every kid in the ground today under ten (and possibly over ten in fact) will be recreating that out on muddy parks tomorrow just the same as I did with Currie's goal v Liverpool in 1971, and doubtless others did with Browny's and Jags's v the unclean and the uncleaner. What a fucking goal. What a game to score it in and above all else, what a win we made, battled for and created today.

Fodders 8/10: No chance with either goal, despite best efforts and a wonderful double save. The Championship's best goalkeeper on display today
Baldock 8.5/10: Great outing for him today. Resolute, determined and much better suited to 3-4-2-1
Anel 8/10: Up and at them and defending well. Put in a good outing and popped up in advanced areas when we needed him not just as an overlapping CB but as an auxiliary CF at times to mix it up
Egan 8.5/10: Solid as a rock for most of the game but drops a half point for playing Smlodic onside but other than that he is the buttress for what is a good central three
JLT 8/10: As ever, he's committed and robust in every challenge. Unfortunate (but not unfairly) judged against for their opener
Lowe 7/10: A much better game from him. He was better advanced and showed a greater vision of the game if the fact that he gave them their second goal. But he also got our first by luck.
Berge 8.5/10: Best game I have seen him play in red and white. All over the pitch, in on most challenges and for a change, very much 'goal facing' even from such a deep position
Doyle 10/10: Thought he secured a £30m transfer bid today. If we compare him with Norwood we can see far more dynamism and endeavour. He occupies far more of the pitch than Norwood does and doesn't resort to showpony long balls. His tackling game is good and he is a box to boxer in the Michael Brown fashion. And he can hit it from distance into the top bin and win the game. What's not to love?
McAtee 8/10: Grafted and worked very hard to make Blackburn deal with him. Should have seen them off with his two one on ones
NDaiye 9/10: Tremendous player. So deft, so slippery and so much the best player in red and white in the past thirty years.
McBurnie 8.5/10: Unseen graft by him to keep them occupied and you could see they were doubling up on him mist of the time when NDaiye wasn't on the ball. Dug out a typical strikers goal so richly deserved for him

Sharp 6/10: No idea why he was on instead of Jebbison
Bogle 5/10: Not much impact above George
Basham not marked: Don't think he touched the ball

HJ&SMcC: 10/10: Great seeing them staying with the lineup for Sunderland and driving us forward to get the win we very, very richly deserved. Well done.

Crown 10/10: Lovely sound

ITV 5/10: Eni Aluko, previously revered by me is a bit is a dimbo isn't she? But the main presenter in her AirWair? Hamminah-hamminah.

pommpey

Jesus. What a game. Sheffield United at their best. Coming from behind - twice - to secure a place in the semi-finals of the FA Cup. And with a goal that ranks as one of the best, most crucial and above all else, deserved beyond question because of the performance down there on the Bramall Lane turf. We deserve this, let's not fucking doubt ourselves what with all the fucking dogshit happening backstage with Dozy and the undersoil heating stupidity. Everyone phased that out and switched on against a team not here to be beat. They'd just nudged us aside in the Championship a month ago and we came out and locked it together. No one really played bad and everyone seemed to want it today. And now we are 180 minutes away from Europe and silverware.

We started under the cosh but rode it somewhat. We looked characteristically shakey in the first 10-20 minutes. McAtee should have been more clinical then they get a shot on goal which does - let's not fuck about - hit Jack's hand. Is it a penalty? Yes. I can't take anything away from the laws of the game. It hit Jack's hand and as soon as the ref went to the monitor you know he'd see it that way. But why VAR now and not next round or the final? Without it that penalty never gets given because the ref never sees it. It's a corner. But I expected us not to take that shit lying down and we didn't. We rode the storm and went at them exploiting the channels we always should because of the switch in formation. 3-4-2-1 suits us so much better because as soon as McAtee and MDaiye are on it they are on the back foot or legging them over. McBurnie just served as a warning that if her gets on the ball, he will score. Lowe's goal - well, them's the fucking breaks Blackburn. Gallagher scored a similar one two seasons ago when Berge cleared weakly on the near post so what comes around goes around.

To be honest, going in 1-1 at half time I kinda knew we'd get summat out of this ... even when we looked like ET and penalties. I just saw better spirit in all players.

Second half we plugged and plugged and got caught out by Lowe's sloppy pass which set them up for Smlodic who, because of the wingbacks, had had a quiet game up to then. But still, looking at the score at 1-2 and looking how much better we were playing, you knew Blackburn would fall victim to what we were giving them. It just had to happen. Okay, maybe before their goal McAtee should have killed them off but we were starting to strangle them slowly, showing the best of what we can give through the attacking midfielders and wide men not letting Blackburn fall into a patten of managing their lead. The next equaliser was deserved and well taken and uncharacteristically we simply selected fifth gear and floored the gas pedal. The winning goal was one we haven't seen for many yars at Bramall Lane and for those sat in the kop today it must have been fucking magical. He lamped it and their keeper touched it into the roof of the net. Every kid in the ground today under ten (and possibly over ten in fact) will be recreating that out on muddy parks tomorrow just the same as I did with Currie's goal v Liverpool in 1971, and doubtless others did with Browny's and Jags's v the unclean and the uncleaner. What a fucking goal. What a game to score it in and above all else, what a win we made, battled for and created today.

Fodders 8/10: No chance with either goal, despite best efforts and a wonderful double save. The Championship's best goalkeeper on display today
Baldock 8.5/10: Great outing for him today. Resolute, determined and much better suited to 3-4-2-1
Anel 8/10: Up and at them and defending well. Put in a good outing and popped up in advanced areas when we needed him not just as an overlapping CB but as an auxiliary CF at times to mix it up
Egan 8.5/10: Solid as a rock for most of the game but drops a half point for playing Smlodic onside but other than that he is the buttress for what is a good central three
JLT 8/10: As ever, he's committed and robust in every challenge. Unfortunate (but not unfairly) judged against for their opener
Lowe 7/10: A much better game from him. He was better advanced and showed a greater vision of the game if the fact that he gave them their second goal. But he also got our first by luck.
Berge 8.5/10: Best game I have seen him play in red and white. All over the pitch, in on most challenges and for a change, very much 'goal facing' even from such a deep position
Doyle 10/10: Thought he secured a £30m transfer bid today. If we compare him with Norwood we can see far more dynamism and endeavour. He occupies far more of the pitch than Norwood does and doesn't resort to showpony long balls. His tackling game is good and he is a box to boxer in the Michael Brown fashion. And he can hit it from distance into the top bin and win the game. What's not to love?
McAtee 8/10: Grafted and worked very hard to make Blackburn deal with him. Should have seen them off with his two one on ones
NDaiye 9/10: Tremendous player. So deft, so slippery and so much the best player in red and white in the past thirty years.
McBurnie 8.5/10: Unseen graft by him to keep them occupied and you could see they were doubling up on him mist of the time when NDaiye wasn't on the ball. Dug out a typical strikers goal so richly deserved for him

HJ&SMcC: 10/10: Great seeing them staying with the lineup for Sunderland and driving us forward to get the win we very, very richly deserved. Well done.

ITV 5/10: Eni Aluko, previously revered by me is a bit is a dimbo isn't she? But the main presenter in her AirWair? Hamminah-hamminah.

pommpey
Absolutely this!

pommpey
Foderingham was piss poor. His great save came from him not dealing with the first shot competently. Couple of tip overs you'd expect him to make. He's a disaster waiting to happen with the ball at his feet. Other than that a decent summary.

Great analysis. Thought Lowe was around a 5 and maybe Berge a 6. Berge just doesn’t like getting stuck in. Overall spot on pal
Correct, he bottled the 50/50 early on in the first half and was quite reluctant to run with the ball and took the easy option too many times.
You could see the 2nd was coming too much "to me to you" in a chuckle brothers fashion cost us once more and needs eradicating asap. Other than that great team effort all round.
UTB

Correct, he bottled the 50/50 early on in the first half and was quite reluctant to run with the ball and took the easy option too many times.
You could see the 2nd was coming too much "to me to you" in a chuckle brothers fashion cost us once more and needs eradicating asap. Other than that great team effort all round.
UTB
Exactly. That’s the challenge I was referring to as well

Foderingham was piss poor. His great save came from him not dealing with the first shot competently. Couple of tip overs you'd expect him to make. He's a disaster waiting to happen with the ball at his feet. Other than that a decent summary.

Thought his double save was excellent stuff mesen.

pompey

Just back home after a magical day in all my 40 odd years of supporting the Blades. Spoons on Woodseats at 9am, large breakfast with a a couple of coffees first (I'm not an animal) and wanted to enjoy the game, couple of beers and then what a fucking game, it had everything and that goal to win that game was the icing on top of the cherry etc. Spent the rest of the afternoon in the pub very happy. Saw the draw and joked about Egan having Haaland in his pocket in the semi and it's been a brilliant brilliant day.

Doesn't get much better than that, savour it fellow Blades.

Can tell you’re in a good mood! Great team performance but Wes’ distribution and dithering should cost him at least 2 points and I thought Lowe was awful. Would have had him down about 4 or 5!

The rest I agree with though

Wes made some great saves no doubt about it.

But his distribution was Evri-Esque. I half expected finding one of his kicks in my blue bin…..

JLT 8/10 😂😂😂😂😂

Cost us a goal and should have been sent off twice

See you at Wembley Portsmouth 🍺
And when you meet up with Pommpey for that beer make sure you bring that coaching badge you claim to have. You 've plenty of time to get up in the loft for it.
I 'll be there too. Bring me a wig!
I know which of the two you 'll turn up with.😂😂😂😂

And when you meet up with Pommpey for that beer make sure you bring that coaching badge you claim to have. You 've plenty of time to get up in the loft for it.
I 'll be there too. Bring me a wig!
I know which of the two you 'll turn up with.😂😂😂😂

Oh don’t you worry I’ll bring that coaching badge baldy

I won’t be bringing no wigs as I’ll down my pint of carling slap your baldy head and walk out the pub

Perfect write up.

And this bit is exact how i felt..

Normally I don't think we have the goals in us, to overcome a deficit but today- like you- I just felt we were altogether better, just thought we will come back, it's what good teams do and so it was.

Berge / Doyle and Ndiaye all 9/10 for me. The way Ndiaye has the ball stuck to his feet is just so so classy like you say best player we have had for 30 years - brilliant.

Thought his double save was excellent stuff mesen.

pompey
Good report POmps. Excellent game overall and although Robbo got a penalty given against him I really thought he epitomised the commitment of the side today. Strong in the tackle, passes direct and weighted correctly. One of his best games, I must confess I did not get the impression many others did on here relating to Berge- still gets caught in possession too much for me but we all see things differently. Baldock excellent, McAtee could have done better -two excellent saves from Wes. Lowe/Egan ok. Anel average, McB tried hard, Illy good but heavily marked, Doyle- .. Wow , up in the "a quality goal from a quality player" league that one. Apologies to Mottie.-hope he saw it.. Well done lads-lets get to Wembley and see what happens.

Football, or me, you woeful silly troll?

pommpey
Now you’ve finally realised we’ve got a good team, I was just interested if you were going to break another habit and get yourself out from behind that keyboard and go to Wembley to support the lads?
Just asking, like.

Now you’ve finally realised we’ve got a good team, I was just interested if you were going to break another habit and get yourself out from behind that keyboard and go to Wembley to support the lads?
Just asking, like.

Want to talk about me, or the fucking football?

Why are you so bothered about where I will watch the match? Genuine question.

If I have that day available and can get a ticket (unlikely on both counts) then I'll be there. If not, I will watch it on television, like many people who are non natives to their birth city these days. If I do get to get there, you'll be back calling me a 'Glory Hunter' I assume? So I can't win really.

Are you similarly interested in how other people watch the game or are you oddly focussed on me for some reason?

pommpey

Just glad you’ve seen the light at last, about the Blades and Berge et al.
It’s taken a while for you to get there, but I guess we’ll have to wait a little longer for you to actually put your hand in your pocket and cheer em on in person.
Hope you do one day.It’s such a thrill on days like today.You should try it.

pommpey
Spot on report Pomps. 👏 marked Doyle a bit too low thought mate. He was fucking superb today.
*Edit, yes it was fucking magical from the Kop 👌

Just glad you’ve seen the light at last, about the Blades and Berge et al.
It’s taken a while for you to get there, but I guess we’ll have to wait a little longer for you to actually put your hand in your pocket and cheer em on in person.
Hope you do one day.It’s such a thrill on days like today.You should try it.

Again, why are you so (weirdly) obsessed with me? And no, one game where the team clicks and Berge puts in a fucking shift at last does not make him Tony Currie. He's still got a fucking long way to go before he gets my approval for his reputation and fee. Strange how some (like you) cannot see the pretty gutless outings he's been in this season, especially since he's been back from injury where the joker was played for at least five or six games after his return. But some others are easily pleased I suppose.

And I don't have to put my hand in my pocket to be a Unitedite, nor express my opinions on their games. I'm not a slave to a bladey-blade's judgement like yours and never, ever have been. There are countless others on here who don't 'contribute' or attend games and still express their opinions. But you're focussed on my bearing because you're a bit odd and possibly think by 'taking me down' you'll garner some self-reward. You may have not noticed that that sort of shit is what I knock out of the park, so stop wasting your time and contribute to the debate about the football or fuck off, eh?

Keep up with your shit and it's obvious you are singling me out and might need reporting to Foxy or Linz. Simple as.

pommpey

Their corner in final mins of added on extra time, you just knew mcburnie would head it away. And he did.

He frustrates the fuck out of us all sometimes but his defensive headers from set pieces is a huge strength
I was begging for PH to sub him for Jebbo just before he scored. Showed me how much I know 😂

Could not agree more with this. It was Mothers Day today so I have been riding on trains, eating out and playing with the grandkids as a penance for not teaching my daughter better to check kick-off times before arranging summat for her mother. As a result the Blades T shirt had to be covered with a jumper and any conversation of passers-by re the score had to be systematically tuned out so I didn't know the result when I watched the recording later (a la Likely Lads all those years ago). Chuffed to bits with this result. My dream of seeing the Blades lift the cup before I die lives on.

Oh did I enjoy that today ..put these part timing cunts who haven’t been to an away game since 94 back in their box . Put the Shearer & Sutton shirts back in the loft & fucknoff back to lickin windows &!counting to 12 on the digits of yer 2 hands .
Well done lads .. couldn’t give a fk that we’ve got City other than the disappointment for Doyle & Macca .. that’s what the cups all about enjoy the QF win …like on of those classic cup games for us last 20 years ❤️ had everything including a peach to win iit 🚀

We started under the cosh but rode it somewhat. We looked characteristically shakey in the first 10-20 minutes.
I thought we were the better team after the first 10 mins, the penalty was very much against the run of play.
I’m assuming he thought we needed a bit of guile, Jebbo is a willing runner in behind, they’d retreated and were defending their 18 yard box so there was no room. Sharp still managed to be offside 17 times, impressive work in that short period of time.

Great report Pompey, your description of the beautiful Goal by Doyle.Perfect. I said Woodward would have been proud of that goal. Currie's goal against Liverpool. is so true I copied it for weeks after. kids will be trying to copy Doyle,s goal.

pommpey
Just watched the game again. Aluko talked a load of nonsense. And agreed, can they not come up with a better main presenter.

McCoist is quality and McAnuff pretty reasonable but otherwise the usual low rent ITV.

Back
Top Bottom