My MOTM

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sorry for the poor quality, but Reed shows here that he doesn't just pass it sideways and backwards:

I remember that pass and the first thought that came to mind was that why didn't he pass to Sammon, who was in more space and would have been through on goal but yes it does prove that

Bergen Blade , could you do a video of when Swindon's keeper upended Sharp please? When my son got home from work today I asked him if he had noticed Sharp using his hand to the ball going past the keeper. He hadnt and he doesnt remember anyone around us admitting seeing Sharp using his hand

Bergen Blade , could you do a video of when Swindon's keeper upended Sharp please? When my son got home from work today I asked him if he had noticed Sharp using his hand to the ball going past the keeper. He hadnt and he doesnt remember anyone around us admitting seeing Sharp using his hand
He did handle but I think he raised his arm to protect himself from the goalie, How he (the goalie) stayed on I will never know

He did handle but I think he raised his arm to protect himself from the goalie, How he (the goalie) stayed on I will never know

The same Pinchy, bit rough on a young lad but there are plenty knocking Diego so why should it be different for him. Lets not carried away now that JM has picked up form, he has had some shockers. Anyway not going to get in a lather about it, teams playing well, everyone's happy.
But you'll find he's never had a shocker at left back

Having watched it a couple of times I think by the time Sharp handles, their goalkeeper is already flying into the challenge dangerously and is therefore committing a foul. As Billpuntonsbaldhead says, he may have also tried to protect himself.

Nice ball over the top from whom, Pinchy and Ashtonsmashton ? ;)

Having watched it a couple of times I think by the time Sharp handles, their goalkeeper is already flying into the challenge dangerously and is therefore committing a foul. As Billpuntonsbaldhead says, he may have also tried to protect himself.

Nice ball over the top from whom, Pinchy and Ashtonsmashton ? ;)

I think that's fair comment. I reckon I was 10 yards ahead of the incident (ie nearer the goal) and concentrated mainly on the goalkeeper rushing out of goal. Sharp did handle: the tackle was very dangerous: he should have been sent off,

Hey Pinchy, let it drop re Reed. Nobody, not a single fan, is going to ever forget your views on the lad at the tender age of 17 and even now at just turned 18. If you are wrong it will be momentous for you but nobody will be more delighted than you as a blade I'm sure.

I wish all our players well, Woody. I'll be absolutely delighted if, one day, Louis Reed becomes the player some of you imagine him to be already. As for "let it drop" I've never started a discussion about Louis. I just respond when I think a little perspective is necessary. Of course I do it in my own style and that annoys people, but at least I have a style as Oscar might have said...

I wish all our players well, Woody. I'll be absolutely delighted if, one day, Louis Reed becomes the player some of you imagine him to be already. As for "let it drop" I've never started a discussion about Louis. I just respond when I think a little perspective is necessary. Of course I do it in my own style and that annoys people, but at least I have a style as Oscar might have said...

I respect the need for balance but I'm not sure anybody is losing sight of the fact Reed is only a young lad at the start of his career. We can only judge how he is doing at such a young age by using other youngsters as yardsticks and, whilst he is operating at League 1 level compared to higher levels when we blooded the two Kyles, Jags, Lowton and loads of lads going back decades, he looks to have that footballing brain and that composure which puts him amongst that company. He's small but that can become an asset. As I sad the other day, he has a big footballing brain to compensate for his physical stature but at least he tackles his weight and is quite stocky actually. He played a good number of those games against Prem teams in the cups and certainly held his own in that company.

Good luck to the lad, of course he'll need loads of it. I know I'm the one who thinks he's our best midfield player for central midfield in 4-4-2 already, certainly as a partner to Basham anyway, but there aren't many other rivals for that position in truth. When J. Wallace is fit things might change but an 18 year old cannot be expected to complete a full season to be fair, so the sooner the better.

I respect the need for balance but I'm not sure anybody is losing sight of the fact Reed is only a young lad at the start of his career. We can only judge how he is doing at such a young age by using other youngsters as yardsticks and, whilst he is operating at League 1 level compared to higher levels when we blooded the two Kyles, Jags, Lowton and loads of lads going back decades, he looks to have that footballing brain and that composure which puts him amongst that company. He's small but that can become an asset. As I sad the other day, he has a big footballing brain to compensate for his physical stature but at least he tackles his weight and is quite stocky actually. He played a good number of those games against Prem teams in the cups and certainly held his own in that company.

Good luck to the lad, of course he'll need loads of it. I know I'm the one who thinks he's our best midfield player for central midfield in 4-4-2 already, certainly as a partner to Basham anyway, but there aren't many other rivals for that position in truth. When J. Wallace is fit things might change but an 18 year old cannot be expected to complete a full season to be fair, so the sooner the better.

I suspect, and hope, that you won't be saying that by 6 pm today....:)

When it comes to SUFC , i have the simplest tastes - i am only satisfied with the best.

With regards Young Reed - the truth is rarley pure , and never simple.:)

UTB

Back
Top Bottom