Most Consecutive Games Attended

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JackSUFC

Reaction score
I saw this post on X/ Twitter earlier - A Liverpool fan claiming that today will be the 1000th(!) game in a row they’ve been to (Covid days obviously not included).

That’s madness to me if it’s genuine. I can’t even comprehend it.

Can anyone on here claim to be close to that?

Alternatively, what’s the most consecutive games you’ve attended?

IMG_2740.jpeg

I saw this post on X/ Twitter earlier - A Liverpool fan claiming that today will be the 1000th(!) game in a row they’ve been to (Covid days obviously not included).

View attachment 173589

My Uncle pre lockdown last missed a match in 1980.

I don’t know how many it is but I didn’t miss a league game between the Stevenage home playoff semi in 2012 and Reading away in 2018. It’s not a thousand but was a good run.

2012-2016 was a dark period on the pitch as well. Respect for sticking that through.

View attachment 173589
I am attending my 1000th consecutive Lane game this season, League and Cup
1983 last game I missed.

Serious question but never mind the money, time, and organisation to achieve this, but don't you ever get sick?!

Similar to my thoughts. How do you manage the time off work, costs, organisation, logistics etc. It's a full time job!

Reactions: MKY
Similar to my thoughts. How do you manage the time off work, costs, organisation, logistics etc. It's a full time job!
Basically that. I was single at the time and my Dad had just retired so we both had the free time and I used some of my annual leave for midweek games. Neither of us drink so we drove to every game which was easier than trying to arrange trains.

I have a family now so don’t get to many home games, nevermind away.

My Uncle pre lockdown last missed a match in 1980.
Like home and away, League cup Tuesday night Hartlepool, that kind of thing? That's got to be approaching 2000 games, league and cup.

I don't even know how that's possible, but it deserves absolute respect of the highest order. Chapeau to your uncle. Amazing.

Like home and away, League cup Tuesday night Hartlepool, that kind of thing? That's got to be approaching 2000 games, league and cup.

I don't even know how that's possible, but it deserves absolute respect of the highest order. Chapeau to your uncle. Amazing.

Yep in fact my aunts wedding he missed the one for he never attended a day wedding after that, growing up weddings I went to were evening do lol, but yes all first team games in that time. In 88/89 i even went to Chester and Wrexham away in Sherpa Van trophy think about 20 blades there.

View attachment 173589
A bloke I used to work with (Trevor Parker) had been to every Arsenal game since the 80s he reckoned. Lived in Stocksbridge as well so it was no mean feat

My run of 1 comes to an end today…. :-(

I am attending my 1000th consecutive Lane game this season, League and Cup
1983 last game I missed.
My late Father missed a midweek home match against Newport years ago, its the only one I know he missed.
Thats going back from the early 70's to 2015.
I also know he followed home n away when he was younger ( before my time ) as he had the programmes from each game. There was loads n loads of em in shoe boxes int loft.

View attachment 173589
The Real Furphy who posts on here occasionaly might well have beaten that.

Back
Top Bottom