Match Thread Middlesbrough v The Mighty Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well that was wank.

To do list before next game.

Dock wages
Send Lundstram out on loan
Tear up Evans contract
Buy striker that is likely to start above Clarke

Next team has to be what finished that game but with Sharp or new striker up front, and try Bryan for Stevens.

Lost 0-3 team very poor, team selection very poor. Let’s hope the statue doesn’t start up front on Saturday

I'm giving McGoldrick and Clarke a pass due to lack of service. Everyone else that started deserves to be dropped.

I await Wilders excuse for this.

The sad thing for me is that I think that you are right. A year ago there wouldn't have been an excuse, it would have been straight down the line "this is not acceptable".

I will be seriously disappointed if he doesn't front up to that second debacle of the season.

Woodburn & Duffy need to start on Saturday. Wilder has to surely see his biggest mistake tonight was to not start with his better players!!. UTB
Ha! I posted elsewhere hours before the kick off tonight,

“Duffy not in - we won’t win”

And I posted on here we were on for a pasting tonight. That was after Saturday btw.

Wilder does this.

He signs players who are no better than what we already have and then plays them in preference to the others.

The good news is, he eventually sees the error of his ways and will go back to the likes of Duffy and Sharp. Then we may get somewhere?

I'm giving McGoldrick and Clarke a pass due to lack of service. Everyone else that started deserves to be dropped.
Really? Clarke missed two very good chances. Should have scored 1 of them. Thought he was poor tonight

What we have learned is that a competent manager would start with Duffy & Woodburn on Saturday. Woodburn playing off a lone striker.
And Sharp next to Mcgoldrick!
And Bryan in for Stevens!!

Woodburn must be now thinking!!. Why the fuck have I come here?.
Wilder has no excuses for tonight’s debacle!. I’m a very pissed off blade tonight and I’m looking for a response over the next few games to raise my morale!!!. Please mr wilder sort it now before we end up in a relegation fight!!.

Wilder's (short) post-match reaction

I'm not sure why he's banging on having chances. If we'd scored, they'd have picked up the pace again. They sat back and took it easy.

Right before i hammered them which ive rarely done. It has been a tough start v 2 sides hoping for promotion. newly relegated premier league side of 6 yrs. Then away to Middlesbrough with bottomless pit of money with 15m last yr & then 7m rumoured 18m for bolasie. They are in different financial league so always going to be underdogs

But not much can be said that hasn't already said. It was atrocious. As what do you say to that 1st half. It on par with Southend. As worst half under wilder. I was almost speechless & stunned listening. This is as massive wake up call as you can get. I had my private concerns on the defensive side last season. How gifting of easy goals has crept in. barnsley a particular lowlight & (inc swansea) how we have lead 6 of last 9 games only to go on to lose game. But id put it down to tiredness physical & mental. But today proves it Must go deeper. Because again like many times in last 10 league games our defensive organisation was non existent. It was at 6s & 7s constantly. People talking about positive 2nd half is utterly pointless we learnt absoultely nothing post 26th min. Its like panama going i thought we competed well in 2nd half & tested the goalie. England stopped trying were in 1st gear just going through the motions at 5-0 up

Do wonder if both Sheffield clubs. Are in a secret competition who can have the worst august. As Deadline day & QPR gets very interesting maybe it needs must to just pay bit over the odds get some more quality in than miss out at this stage. As we need pace upfront as mcgoldrick is an upgrade on Clarke but cant play together. Too similar & Clarke been living off the september - december spell now for 6 months. Basham needs dropping for Stearman. fleck needs back to central midfield Lundstram dropped for duffy. & woodburn if needed as a 2nd striker for some much needed pace. Or could even could go 433 liverpool style with duffy & woodburn as wingers.

Although this 1st 2 games are concerning Proof if ranieri at Leicester didnt. No matter how bulletproof a manager seems. You are only 2 games from a crisis. As 7 days ago majority thought best manager in championship yet now some have doubts over his ability

This is on Wilder’s head. Can’t believe he’s stuck with that same midfield. We are playing a Tony Pulis side and have set up with a defensive side lacking creativity. Plays right in to Pulis’ hands who does that better than anyone else.

Just wish he’d swallow his pride and admit when he gets things wrong by making changes. His ego is getting a little out of control at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom