Michael Doyle and Mr. Clough

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think there could be an element of truth in there. Certainly doesn't sound too far fetched. As for having Morgan at the club as a condition it's madness. You should choose your own team and that's that.

I as surprised that Clough was allowed to bring in so many of his own men from Derby
Assistant Manager and coach, yes, but with so many more, he had a stranglehold on the club , surrounded by "friends" who were perhaps reluctant to offer sensible advice.

Awhh, I feel sorry for Doyle finding out like that. Whoops no I don't. he knew and we all did that this was likely to be his last season here and he stated it in interviews. Lots of people find out in shit ways that they have no job or have lost work. It don't make it right but for someone on his sort of wage and knowing he will be wanted at some level and continue to earn money, it is far better than those who had no inkling and may be really struggling to make ends meet.
I think this story is far to twisted down the line anyway to work out the order of truth.

9kczr6.jpg

This thread is the football equivalent of Heat magazine.

Yes. Utter shite.

Doyle not knowing he was not being retained. Did he think he'd find a new contract under his pillow one morning. Disengenous bollocks from a sour grapes mediocrity. Bye Michael, don't call us....

The new manager must keep Hoofy Morgs on because.....wait for it......he's been here a long time and been loyal. Of course he's been loyal as a coach - nobody else fucking wants him, that's why! Where does his (lack of) ability fit in to this?

Blades Bladey nonsense at its worst...

Awhh, I feel sorry for Doyle finding out like that. Whoops no I don't. he knew and we all did that this was likely to be his last season here and he stated it in interviews. Lots of people find out in shit ways that they have no job or have lost work. It don't make it right but for someone on his sort of wage and knowing he will be wanted at some level and continue to earn money, it is far better than those who had no inkling and may be really struggling to make ends meet.
I think this story is far to twisted down the line anyway to work out the order of truth.

Of course he knew. He's an experienced pro. The clue is when your contract's nearly expired, you're not in the team and no-one's saying "let's have a chat about a new deal, Doyler"

Some people will believe any old garbage provided its anti-Clough.

Nobody thought the reasons might be
1 Butler is shit
2 Collins is shit
3 Doyle was being replaced by a younger legs next season.
4 Diego is a jumped up little wanker whos dad thinks hes Paulo Rossi.

Now Cloughs gone we can have all 4 back and be even shitter ,and it wont matter who said what about who under the stairs while his wife was on the blob. (c) Hellomagazine.

I think he should be able to accommodate the player in the squad, like a Gerard for example ;). I would be outraged if a manager came in a got rid of all the loyal players :mad:

Frightening stuff.

The only reason a player/coach/manager should be kept on at the club is if they bring value and are an asset. (I.e good at what they do.)

It should be nothing to do with bladey bladeness.

Of course he knew. He's an experienced pro. The clue is when your contract's nearly expired, you're not in the team and no-one's saying "let's have a chat about a new deal, Doyler"

Some people will believe any old garbage provided its anti-Clough.

Right, but that doesn't mean it's a professional mode of operation to have it confirmed like that, If indeed that's what did happen, which i have my doubts about. Equally it could be that Clough is a massive bellend and it happened exactly how the OP said.

I've been in a situation before where i've entered the last couple of weeks of a work contract and a renewal hasn't yet been offered, and a manager at the firm has turned round and said "Have you sorted out your next contract yet?" To have it confirmed like that is deeply unprofessional.

Of course, in any situation like that it's a two way street, and Doyle could have at any point arranged a meeting to discuss the contract situation with Clough.

An interesting read and some of the stories definitely add up, however Michael Doyle does not strike me as the type of person who would dish the dirt like this. But then again, why would he make it up?

An interesting read and some of the stories definitely add up, however Michael Doyle does not strike me as the type of person who would dish the dirt like this. But then again, why would he make it up?

They only add up if you've already got the final number in your head.

I disagree, I don't think its a big ask to accommodate a long serving player like Morgan. He is a true bladesman who knows the club inside out, why wouldn't you want some one like that in your team.

Because Cloughie had promised Morgans job to his wifes cousin, so it made things uncomfortable at Christmas ;)

Frightening stuff.

The only reason a player/coach/manager should be kept on at the club is if they bring value and are an asset. (I.e good at what they do.)

Unanswerable common sense! It will get you nowhere.

We should be both a talent show for boy band footballers and a care home for loyal players who've been here a long time. Ability is neither here nor there in either case, long as they're Bladey Blades...

Michael Doyle does not strike me as the type of person who would dish the dirt like this. But then again, why would he make it up?

It's not an either/or: you can say one thing and have it misinterpreted, wilfully or not, that then gets amplified and distorted - and an innocent off-hand remark becomes an earthquake tearing through the middle of the club - and in particular the defence.

To take one example (which might well be entirely fictional) Maguire could have been looking for advice, he loves the club, but he wants to play at a higher level. He asks an older pro. Collins says to him: it's a short career, you don't want to finish it wondering "What if?", so have a go. Sounds advice any of us might give or take in that position.

A reasonable well-intentioned comment from an experienced pro to a younger pro then becomes:

Collins advised Maguire to leave
which then becomes
Collins advised Maguire to leave. Where's his loyalty?

This then becomes:
Collins advised Maguire to leave. Where's his loyalty, the bastard?

And it just spirals further and further out of control with Collins destabilizing the club and generally setting back our cause 3 or 4 years.

This sort of thing plays out repeatedly. (Incidentally, it's one reason politicians don't say much.)

It's hard enough making people understand when we are actually there in person talking to them, never mind having those conversations reported (often by people with an axe to grind, an ego to massage, or media to sell) at one, two, or three removes in a highly emotive environment.

I judge Doyle on his interviews, what I've heard him say, and the way he played the game. By that measure, for me, he is a very decent bloke.

The rest is nonsense.

Frightening stuff.

Well any person who as been kept on/ stayed so long can surely only be seen as a asset and the bladey bladeness is just a bonus! ;)

They only add up if you've already got the final number in your head.
I was referring to the part where Doyle supposedly said that they didn't practice set pieces in training. I find this incredibly hard to believe as they are an integral part of the game. However as we conceded so many goals, and scored so few from set pieces last season this does make a little bit of sense. This could be due to other factors though e.g. lack of height and muscle.

I don't have much to say on this apart from, isn't it normal for youngsters to scared of the manager? It can hardly be used as a critique. Man Utd players were scared shitless of Ferguson, particularly the younger ones. Scholes said he still is!
Nonetheless, an interesting thing to read.

We shouldn't be getting rid of players until we have better options, we had no better options for the games Doyle was left out for last season.

Collins was apparently behind Maguire leaving. He advised him that it was a good move.

That's apparently why Clough fell out with Collins..

Obvs a rumour but what I heard

Collins was apparently behind Maguire leaving. He advised him that it was a good move.

That's apparently why Clough fell out with Collins..

Obvs a rumour but what I heard
I very much doubt that maguire would have stayed if Collins had advised him to stay here.

No real surprises here, I'm amazed how much I hear that text messages are used in football. I know for a fact that after Wilson was sacked Frank Barlow was sacked by text as I've seen the text. Shocking really and in most industries it would be classed as unfair dismissal, just shows how crazy the world of football is. I suppose they should be thankful that it wasn't posted on Twitter or Facebook or maybe tagged in an Instagram photo with a box on their desk and #P45inthepost

I heard Doyle fell out with Clough because Nigel would not do a cockney walk.

I don't get all this bollox, so what if Clough was a bit 'nasty' I assume we are all in agreement that after some of the shocking displays last season they deserved the 'nastiness' as i said over on twitter that Steve Evans is hardly 'a shoulder to cry on' type and yet look what he's done.

As regards Collins and Doyle they are part of the cause of why we are where we are and we need to be shot of them to be replaced by better options. In respect of 'Morgs' its quite embarrassing that the board seemingly say to prospective new managers 'ah but you have to find a job for Morgs' It should be up to the club manager to appoint whom he wants.

So this all was apparently said at the Harthill Blades Supporters Club meeting? That should be fairly easy to verify if anyone knows someone that was there and heard Doyle in person. There must surely be at least one poster on this forum that does, or that went themselves?

Getting shut of Morgan is a must.
What exactly is Morgs' role at the club these days? I thought he was u-21s coach and assumed he was on the bench on match days because Clough wanted some continuity between the first team and the kids.

Back
Top Bottom