McGahey looking promising

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was half decent, certainly rather see him line up than any of the older lot who aren't going to get any better. He has the makings of a good centre half if he gets his head down

Glad to hear, I missed last match so I can't comment on his subbed appearance, but he looked solid enough against notts county.
Still he hasn't lived up to his billing as the next Harry Maguire.

Glad to hear, I missed last match so I can't comment on his subbed appearance, but he looked solid enough against notts county.
Still he hasn't lived up to his billing as the next Harry Maguire.

No, and I doubt he will. He's just not as calm in possession or good with the ball unfortunately.
He has a lot of good attributes though, he heads well, he's strong, he's quick and a good tackler.

If he gets his head down he could make a very solid career for himself, considering that Tel is made of paper mache.

Amazing what bigging up the club and the supporters can do for some people. It's made Collins a favourite amongst the fans despite him being a very limited league 1 centre half who has been a mainstay of the side which was relegated from the Championship and solidified its position as a League 1 club.

He's a threat from set pieces as yesterday proved, and he's good at defending set pieces but the rest of his game is substandard. He isn't a leader, he doesn't organise the defence, he isn't comfortable in possession and he isn't a commanding presence in the back line. He shouldn't be first choice IMO but so far this season he has been our best centre half which says a lot about the poor recruitment this summer.

McGahey did well, looked strong and assured and dealt with what was thrown at him. I'd like to see him get some more game time but not as first choice. We still need two new centre halves IMO as Edgar seems too soft for this level.

Bit shakey mid week vs Notts County but i thought we was solid on sat. Great young CB in my eyes, just needs the confidence.

McGahey will be a good defender in time. Championship level at the very least I think. I like him, though I don't think he's ready to be our first choice.

I don't say this often as I can't afford to keep buying tin hats.

Back
Top Bottom