Matt Done

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you consider a team includes those on the bench and not just the 11 on the pitch, then there is definitely a place for Done. Selling him would only raise peanuts anyway.
Adkins just used the bench for political reasons, you knew 3 or 4 of the players were never going to be brought on, wasting what should be one of many ways to change a game tactically. Another example of his incompetence.

Done is well worth a go up front imho. I just don't see why you would want to play him anywhere else. Football managers always do this kind of thing, putting strikers out on the left wing and then wondering why they never do anything there. Ours do anyway, the shit ones from the past I mean.

Done is well worth a go up front imho. I just don't see why you would want to play him anywhere else. Football managers always do this kind of thing, putting strikers out on the left wing and then wondering why they never do anything there. Ours do anyway, the shit ones from the past I mean.

Was it Blackwell who used to shove Sharp on the wing? Absolute madness, no wonder he never did it for us before. Imo they're both fairly similar players, put them in the box feeding off scraps and they have a knack of finding the back of the net...although Sharp is clearly better.

Done is very good back-up to Sharp, let him see his contract out here doing that but not playing alongside him, dont see that working at all. Sharp/Adams up front, Done as cover for Sharp and someone in the mould of Hanson for when we need to change it up and win ugly and we've got a very good strike force for this league.

I don't see any first team role for him. He's not good enough.

The only role I think he could play is Sharp's. But Sharp is better than him, far more reliable. He does more than just poach goals - which Done only did for a relatively short period btw.

No way is he a partner for Sharp because he's completely useless outside the box. They were horrendous when they played together last season. Done's incapable of link up play and usually makes the wrong runs. I don't know how anyone could say he's the most intelligent player in the squad.

Utility player, impact sub and back up for Sharp. No more.

Lolz

Done has a couple of better games and now he's great!

That's the real 'Lolz'

Totally worth bumping the thread for! Plenty agreed with that post btw.

And if we're doing the hindsight thing then how about this - I'm the only one who predicted a clean sheet today. Also said it was an ideal game for Done and highlighted how key Basham would be!

Last edited:
After being totally impressed when he came, Matt Done was rubbish last season. It's not entirely fair to say he was always played out of position. He started up front and was dreadful. He rightfully lost his place and was then played in a position he's played for most of his career, and was dreadful.

He appears to have lost even the most basic of ball control. He earned some credit when he first arrived, but at this point in time he's entering "wage thief" territory like 2/3rds if the squad.

UTB
Well done Matt. :D

UTB

Done has a couple of better games and now he's great!

That's the real 'Lolz'

Totally worth bumping the thread for! Plenty agreed with that post btw.

And if we're doing the hindsight thing then how about this - I'm the only one who predicted a clean sheet today. Also said it was an ideal game for Done and highlighted how key Basham would be!

I think the overriding point is that he's always been a quality player at this level when consistently played in the right position.

When we bought Sharp I thought we had a dream partnership. Why could everyone else see that apart from that useless manager we had last season.

Back
Top Bottom