Match Reaction

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He looks all the time these days the way he did after Milwall away in that first season.

I think the end is coming and it’s so so sad that it is ending this way really.

I think it’s fair to say he’s deflated. Unsurprising. As a Blade, so would I be overseeing this season.

I feel for him.

Sheff Utd boss Chris Wilder: I would like to get some players out now​

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder on his side's summer hopes: "There's a couple that need to go at the end of the season, I'd like to shake it up quicker but the rules and regulations for that now don't allow me to"
Sky Sports

the sky reaction was: need players in, and a few need to go

Few? Lunny obviously but who else is going?

Ampadu going back? Bryan not part of his plans?

Give over, golden boy lunnys a staple amongst our line ups these days.. even the half arsed performances still warrant his name being first on the sheet.

Give over, golden boy lunnys a staple amongst our line ups these days.. even the half arsed performances still warrant his name being first on the sheet.
I know I was just being hopeful that he was first out the door - Sky reaction suggests he's frustrated he can't get him gone sooner

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder on his side's summer hopes: "There's a couple that need to go at the end of the season, I'd like to shake it up quicker but the rules and regulations for that now don't allow me to"
Sky Sports
But the said players play every week

Says the players looked tired. I'd add disinterested, uncommitted and out of their depth for many of them too.

Still, they'll still be picked for the next match, and the one after.

How have we ended up here blades?
Come on then where are these other players coming from were down to the bare bones now. Dont say the subs and fringe players, they've all had chances to cement a place and failed.

Sky Sports
I think the players he means by this are, lunny although he keeps picking him I think he knows its to our detriment but apart from the kids we have no others. Imo playing the kids wouldn't be the worst thing atm but on the flip side you don't want to cripple their confidence if they aren't good enough. Mousset is another one who I think he would get rid of tomorrow, Rodwell another. I noted that he named bash, Egan, joc and berge when he said if we have those 4 back next season with a few new players we will be a different team.

Not sure Lowe and Osborn have been worse than Stevens at all. He has been terrible this season.

Was about to say I think Stevens is just about done. Time to let him go and finish his career elsewhere...

Chris Wilder admits Sheffield United need a 'shake-up' as frustrated boss reveals basement boys have 'a couple that need to go' after Southampton defeat edges fading Blades closer to relegation​

• Chris Wilder wants to make urgent changes to his toiling Sheffield United squad
  • The Blades boss calls the players currently available to him a 'pretty tough' hand
  • Wilder says John Egan, Jack O'Connell, Chris Basham and Sander Berge are key
Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder has admitted his frustration at not being allowed to axe at least two players immediately from his rock-bottom Premier League squad
Mail on line

Words what they really mean, a fan translation -

CW- We looked a tired team, one that’s lost a lot of energy and a lot of spark

Translation- We know we’re down, lads still running about, because it’s in their contract, not that I want to get rid of any of em, the prince can’t wait to make load of money and bring in a DOF.

CW - it’s been a tough week, because Liverpool had alot of the ball.

Translation - TBH every team we play has a lot of the ball but it’s the only excuse I can make that will satisfy 30% of our fans who are eternal optimists, and I’m hoping they can use this to spread positive propaganda on various forums and social media platforms.

CW - 4 mistakes and che has finished fabulously

Translation - I’m going to spread the blame on the second goal because Lundstrum who looked like he was checking his pockets for change while rehearsing the international sign for “flagging a taxi” might down tools completely and then I’ll be forced to play the kids, which was a request of the fans...... And I’m the fucking boss! Che is a cheeky little bastard, we bought him a birthday cake the pre-season before he left us, and he decides to use us as his own personal premier league goal tally top up.

CW - It was a difficult watch for myself and the staff, lack of quality in our play.

Translation - Didn’t like watching my team get spanked like that, we’re just not good enough. Starting to think I’ve not actually had the best summer transfer window ever. Might ask the prince for loads of dosh in the summer to bid for the best championship players in knowledge we can’t compete with wage demands, panic and then buy loads of youngsters to be able to quote the old “building for the future line”.

CW - We had plenty of the ball

Translation- We had 51% of the ball in comparison to their 49%, and strangely their possession was in the same areas as ours, hence the reason they had more shots and chances.

CW - Didzy was poor, Kean was ok, enda did ok

Translation - I’m attempting to trick scouts into thinking Didzy is shite, because in reality he’s the only player this season that anything good has come through. Enda our LWB can play in a multitude of different roles and is a great character in the dressing room, Kean also has these qualities you can have them both for a fantastic summer saving price of 2.5 million .Didzy is shite, he dress sense is awful, he’s always late to training and doesn’t like other human beings.

CW - They’ve got quality established premier league side and their manger is talking about bringing in quality.

Translation - I’ve only had a net spend of £114 million to bring players in, 21st highest spending side in Europe but needed more money. I said PRINCE GIVE MORE MONEY.

CW - (bogle penalty) didn’t go to VAR did it.

Translation - VAR can fuck right off and so can lefties.....AGAIN!

Sky Sports
This is the straight talking that’s been missing.

I think Bryan has done reasonably well in the games he has played. He is a good passer of the ball and looks like is developing into some one who can at least challenge for a place in our team next season

Stevens I think will be moved on then I’d imagine Rodwell and Robinson as they haven’t played a role. I think we should be having a long hard look at Norwood this summer. Then mousset and Lundstram are dead certs.

Back
Top Bottom