Mark Clattenburg on United and McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be honest, I'm surprised we got a penalty for it. It goes on the list of penalties that are never getting given if VAR take a look but are never getting overturned once the ref has given it.

Looks to me like the defender pushes McBurnie as he starts to jump. McBurnie jumps more or less straight up. His arm comes up as he does it. Keeper comes steaming out, gets nowhere near the ball, and bangs into McBurnie's arm.

As Clattenburg must know, the reason so many fouls go against goalkeepers is because of the rule about "jumping at an opponent". You try to challenge near a keeper from crosses then the keeper has an obvious advantage (being able to use his hands) and is likely to win the ball, and you're jumping towards him.

Is McBurnie jumping at an opponent here? I don't think so.

If you want to tell me the defender/goalkeeper haven't fouled him I could hear that argument, but don't tell me this is an obvious free kick the other way. If the ref had just waved the game on then I wouldn't have had much complaint about it.

To be fair, when McBurnie played at Burnley he found a lenient referee who let him off with just a booking for his first elbow on O'Shea. (Unfortunately not lenient enough to let him get away with the second one.) ;)

I would have thought Howard Webb for a start, you don't think his words have impacted the way referees are perceived ?
I take the point, but this is someone that hasn’t refereed at PL level for many years.
What can HW do other than make the point to existing refs not to prejudge, which being human they are likely to do often, despite knowing that they shouldn’t. If I were refereeing a match in which McB was playing I would expect him to be fouling the opposition and then complaining.

Makes no difference, we got the same amount of points as West Ham. Some days we get shit decisions, other days the decisions go our way.

London based club pushing for a decent PL finish and “establishment” in the PL are bleating about hard done to decisions going against them and old school PL ref makes some ill advised comments about dirty northern club with dirty players doing dirty things on a football pitch.

Tevez you immoral fuckwits.

Tevez.

UTB

The drag back on Bowen was more of a penalty...But eh I ain't complaining.

As for Clattenburger. He must need the money for another Irish.

Looking forwards to Martin Samuel's take in the Daily Hate. I guess he still writes for them?

I'm pretty sure we cannot take it any further officiaaly as Clattenberg is speaking as an independent person.

However we should keep the comment alive and Wilder should use it in pre match interviews in order to put pressure on the referee for that next match.

Sir Alex would have milked it dry making a referee think twice in his decision making,

I seem to remember that he was the first ref to get his own agent, which i thought was a bit of conflict of interest at the time. His tattoos also tell you everything you need to know about the bloke, a Grade A bellend.

View attachment 177965
I’d imagine that a lot of refs have ribs taken out so they can suck themselves off. Some absolute bellends who obviously love the attention however they get it.

Although I get a bit tired of everyone screaming bias and corruption against us, these are pretty worrying comments from ex-PL ref Mark Clattenburg.

View attachment 177949

Basically saying you know what type of team Sheff United are, and you know what type of player McBurnie is, so you know they're going to foul the goalkeeper. So he's saying you should have already made up your mind about us before making the decision?

Is this attitude shared across the rest of the Premier League referees? Judging by the fouls on McBurnie that go unpunished every week, you'd have to say yes.
Clattenburg should stick to Gladiators as his pre-judgemental attitude makes him unfit to have anything to do with Association Football.

Looking forwards to Martin Samuel's take in the Daily Hate. I guess he still writes for them?

He works for The Times now. He will still write the same old shit about us regardless of where he works.

Clattenburg is like Simon Jordan and both play to crowd twisting things as to get a response they’re paymasters insist that they do it

Clattenburg is pretty much irrelevant these days. Seems, like Sutton, embittered and angry to be yesterdays men so push the envelope so much.

After saying that, it’s hardly fair that the only club side ever to win the World Cup for England, were lumbered with seemingly honest on pitch and VAR officials……

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...rrod-Bowen-wasnt-given-spot-kick-Hammers.html

Says it all really Clattenburg has a column with the Daily Mail doesn’t make good reading if it says. Clattenburg rates the refereeing standards and thought it was a good contest,he is going to create a story where there isn’t one. Out of the 2 penalties, they were both penalties ours was late in the game so going to be “controversial” or “dramatic” pick your adjectives and get on with it

Although I get a bit tired of everyone screaming bias and corruption against us, these are pretty worrying comments from ex-PL ref Mark Clattenburg.

View attachment 177949

Basically saying you know what type of team Sheff United are, and you know what type of player McBurnie is, so you know they're going to foul the goalkeeper. So he's saying you should have already made up your mind about us before making the decision?

Is this attitude shared across the rest of the Premier League referees? Judging by the fouls on McBurnie that go unpunished every week, you'd have to say yes.
Pretty sure the age old saying of “people in glass houses shouldn’t throw rocks’ should apply!

There will be more, but below are a few vignettes relating to Mark Clattenburg…. How short memories last… Worst of all is how he admits to making errors (its human nature), yet now feels appropriate to throw his former colleagues and profession under a bus!

His reflections epitomise everything wrong in social media today…. Everyone is quick to react and respond, yet fail to recognise they are not inflammable given their previous comments/reflections/admissions:

Is he currently working in Sheffield on Gladiators as well?

He was never up to much as a ref imo, despite getting a lot of plum fixtures, so he should fucking pipe down. Always seemed to favour the big teams with his decisions and now we know why from his comments. It's also a disturbing insight into how a lot of them must think. So thanks for that Mark, you biased bastard.

Stick to shouting "Gladiators ready..." FFS 😂

As an ex-goalkeeper, I personally thought thought it was not a foul by the keeper. I always believed that the 6 yard box, in particular, is always the goalkeepers to manage and control. At the same time, the forward has the right to go for a ball in the box.

For me, it was not a foul by the keeper and from what I saw, it was not a foul by McBurnie.

So, no foul and play should have continued without the penalty.

toledo

View attachment 177949

The fucking cunt.

Clattenburg can say what he wants, I’m not interested in his views in the slightest but I think the club and Mcburnie should be asking him to explain his comments
Clattenburgs entitled to his opinion on decisions, what he's not entitled to is slagging Mcburnie off and the club. Totally out of order!!

I’d imagine that a lot of refs have ribs taken out so they can suck themselves off. Some absolute bellends who obviously love the attention however they get it.
Now that sounds appealing 😍 , I’ll be quids in .

Who the fk needs ribs anyway

Back
Top Bottom