Managerial suggestion - Bob Bradley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Strange requirement. I suppose if you were chairman of one of the 12 teams that have won automatic promotion from our division in the last 10 seasons with less than 28 wins you'd sack the manager.

depends how many you draw
I put that for those who can only work out 30 x 3 = 90

Ex-USA boss Bob Bradley currently manages Stabæk in Norway and has done brilliantly. He's been there two years. They were relegation favourites in his first year, because they had a weak side, but somehow he made them quite strong with a few clever signings and they finished mid-table.

As many players had impressed, they were sold on and Bradley had to build again before this season. He signed a lot of player nobody'd heard of and again were written off. After ten games they are second, just behind giants Rosenborg.

He seems so hard working, very professional, clear about what he wants, very up to date, despite being 57 seems hungry and eager to learn more. He recently got the highest possible coaching badge UEFA Pro. Stabæk play fast, flowing football with a lot of pace in the forward positions. Phipps and the prince should surely know a thing or two about him.

I think I'd prefer this guy!

Please please please please please appoint someone who has a track record of winning promotion out on the league we are in.

One stand out candidate out of work is Nigel Adkins.

That would have ruled Cotterill and Robinson out then.

I really don't get Adkins mania. He inherited an unbelievably talented squad at Southampton and has been less than impressive since.

The OP has made a very good suggestion. For others to disagree on the basis he hasn't managed in England - had Arsne Wenger managed in England before joining Arsenal? What about Mourinho and even Alex Ferguson?

Didn't really hold those guys back.

To be honest at the moment I'm not fussed who they appoint. Disappointed that it's not worked out for Cloughie but more disappointed that the club seems to lack true leadership. If they have a long term strategy then it never seems to be communicated to their customers.

This has happened far too often for me to start believing that's about to change.

They seem quite happy for me to take a long term view and purchase my season ticket in April but they don't seem capable of matching my commitment with their actions.

Odd no one has yet mentioned a very promising young manager, knows the club and more importantly the fickle fans, loved by many and has a close affinity with both club and fans and would probably be the only candidate the fans may give the time needed to build a team.
I of course speak of Brian Deane.
Could he be much worse than our last 7 or 8 managers?
Give him a try says I.
Utb

It would be a pity for a player held by fans in such high esteem , to lose all respect and integrity , if and when he fails . If Brian Deane , i would stay well way.

UTB

Not sure how much people value the views of Jan-Aage Fjortoft, but he reckons we should go with Deane or, as Bergen Blade suggests, Bradley.

Not sure how much people value the views of Jan-Aage Fjortoft, but he reckons we should go with Deane or, as Bergen Blade suggests, Bradley.
About as much as i value the calls from Chris porter and Matt hill to give Morgan the job. Cheers for posting though ;-)

About as much as i value the calls from Chris porter and Matt hill to give Morgan the job. Cheers for posting though ;-)

I'm just disappointed to see Higginbotham's only tweet today is to promote his book. Missed opportunity to join the Morgan bandwagon.

Ex-USA boss Bob Bradley currently manages Stabæk in Norway and has done brilliantly. He's been there two years. They were relegation favourites in his first year, because they had a weak side, but somehow he made them quite strong with a few clever signings and they finished mid-table.

As many players had impressed, they were sold on and Bradley had to build again before this season. He signed a lot of player nobody'd heard of and again were written off. After ten games they are second, just behind giants Rosenborg.

He seems so hard working, very professional, clear about what he wants, very up to date, despite being 57 seems hungry and eager to learn more. He recently got the highest possible coaching badge UEFA Pro. Stabæk play fast, flowing football with a lot of pace in the forward positions. Phipps and the prince should surely know a thing or two about him.

Interesting idea but given that we now seem to be hell bent on a short term fix I can't see it happening. There would be a period of adjustment. Can't see him getting us promoted first time, which is what seems to be demanded.

The board might still have a long term view (and I think they should) but they'd have to make an outstanding case for it.

Might've had a better chance at the time we appointed Clough.

Interesting idea but given that we now seem to be hell bent on a short term fix I can't see it happening. There would be a period of adjustment. Can't see him getting us promoted first time, which is what seems to be demanded.

The board might still have a long term view (and I think they should) but they'd have to make an outstanding case for it.

Might've had a better chance at the time we appointed Clough.

I'm not sure it will be promotion or bust.

Any new guy will be given time, is a daft thing to say with our record but we do have a fan in charge who sees things as a fan.
Perhaps that's why he can't pick a manager.
Start winning and playing exciting football and the jobs yours for a long time, just not found the right guy yet.

I've a feeling that the board will have tackled Clough on his don't loose theory instead of attacking and I'm sure he's been questioned as to why we worried about fucking Fleetwood and his stubborn way clashed with his employer so goodby it was.

If he had taken on board his failures this season as pointed out to him then another season was his for the taking.

>> Start winning and playing exciting football and the jobs yours for a long time, just not found the right guy yet
amen.

I'm not sure it will be promotion or bust.

Any new guy will be given time, is a daft thing to say with our record but we do have a fan in charge who sees things as a fan.
Perhaps that's why he can't pick a manager.
Start winning and playing exciting football and the jobs yours for a long time, just not found the right guy yet.

I've a feeling that the board will have tackled Clough on his don't loose theory instead of attacking and I'm sure he's been questioned as to why we worried about fucking Fleetwood and his stubborn way clashed with his employer so goodby it was.

If he had taken on board his failures this season as pointed out to him then another season was his for the taking.

Without having any substantive reason to know, your post rings true Grumpy. Clearly something happened, probably a clash of personalities, and if so, then there was always going to be one 'winner'. A pity, and maybe NC needs someone to mentor him, although I suspect he's a bit long in the tooth to accept listening to home truths.

Brian Fucking Deane??? Why?

He would not have got a mention. Not one. Zero. If he hadn't played for us...

Same goes for Upanatem Hoofer Morgs who should have been sacked along with the rest of NC's management team.

Bladey, Bladey Madness at its height.

Promotion or bust? Maybe we should have a poll.

Something happened seems right. The vibe was we were all set for a new season with centre backs and everything then it all went pear-shaped.

It'd be interesting to know when and why the decision was taken. Was it a short term overreaction to a disagreement at a meeting? Was it failure to meet a target? Or was it something else?

Hope (and that is all it is) the board "Hey Presto!" pull a rabbit out of the hat (pronto) and we can get on with pre-season.

UTB (though this is not looking likely atm)

The problem now is the negative nellies won’t like the next manager that’s appointed, whoever it may be

You could give some kid who's only ever played Football Manager the resources that Adkins had at Southampton and he wouldn't have fucked it up
he didnt fuck up though did he. he was sacked, he took them from league 1 to premier league in successive seasons.he finished 4th from bottom in 1st season of premier league..which for any club,going up then staying up is a success.. He was sacked very harshly, so how did he fuck that up ?

It's always a gamble but how big a gamble can we afford to take this time ?
Will they go for the next step up and promotion or will it be the cheap option again and a fight for survival ,

WATCH THIS SPACE !!!!!

The fact that he's in from 100/1 to 14/1 must mean someone dropped a bit of cash on him. Which could mean that he's being interviewed, nothing more.

I wouldn't mind him. It would also raise our profile significantly in the USA, which Phipps and the Prince will be aware of. When was the last time we had a foreign manager (Scots excepted)?

Odd no one has yet mentioned a very promising young manager, knows the club and more importantly the fickle fans, loved by many and has a close affinity with both club and fans and would probably be the only candidate the fans may give the time needed to build a team.
I of course speak of Brian Deane.
Could he be much worse than our last 7 or 8 managers?
Give him a try says I.
Utb

Maybe a team of bradley and Deane.

No disrespect to Bradley who has managed at a high level but I would like someone who has some experience of getting out of this league.

Back
Top Bottom