Let's go Flo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Flo would be a good addition to our midfield but will he ever be fit enough to play regularly?

Might as well give him 10 minutes tomorrow, it's not as if the current incumbents have stacked up many points in 2016.

When was the 1 good performance?

Played ok against Southampton. I think hoping he will provide some sort of answer is naive though. He has showed next to nothing with us even when he was fit though you could argue that was under Weir.

Flo isn't like Wallace with a different injury every week, it's a couple of pretty career threatening injuries. Adkins (with his background) is the perfect manager to help him.

Flo isn't like Wallace with a different injury every week, it's a couple of pretty career threatening injuries. Adkins (with his background) is the perfect manager to help him.

Agreed.

Someone posted a while ago that this was very unusual for him.

Wallace is a basket case. Injured for years.

Properly rehabilitated Flo has a chance. Whether he turns out like the Beard - fit and raring to go, or Coutts - flashes of class but labouring, I think we'll begin to see today and/or Tuesday.

He's not a Messiah though.

Flo on the Left & Coutts on the Right might be handy for 10 games, before they both turn into lemons. No I hope he gets his chance, I think he will. Clever player and someone I hope replaces Baxter as the number 10.

Agreed.

Someone posted a while ago that this was very unusual for him.

Wallace is a basket case. Injured for years.

Properly rehabilitated Flo has a chance. Whether he turns out like the Beard - fit and raring to go, or Coutts - flashes of class but labouring, I think we'll begin to see today and/or Tuesday.

He's not a Messiah though.

WHF , don't think or believe Flo is the messiah . I think we have lowered our expectations on all things blades . We just hope he is fit and brings something different and positive to the table .

Good luck to the fella .

UTB

I think the title to the OP should be changed to 'Let Flo Go', it seems strange to me that as we come to the end of the season some players, who's contracts are nearly up are now finding themselves able to play. But then perhaps I'm just a cynic???.

WHF , don't think or believe Flo is the messiah . I think we have lowered our expectations on all things blades . We just hope he is fit and brings something different and positive to the table .

Good luck to the fella .

UTB

Yes. What I really meant was that as with Done, the Beard, even Collins last season, or DDG :) there's often a feeling (me too) that the missing player is the final cog in the Big Red and White Machine, and when that's in place we'll cut through, mow down, and steamroller the opposition.

What I struggle with is that I keep reading how good both Cuvelier & Jas Wallace are and I desperately want to believe this, but given neither of them are capable of playing more than 1 game a season - ok slight exaggeration but not far off - then I'm afraid I have no factual evidence to form an objective judgement.

Both these players may be talented, technically proficient players, but if they are incapable of achieving a level of fitness & availability for selection then unfortunately they're no good & should be binned.

I go back to Bassett's team which contained the likes of Booker, Bryson, Bradshaw & D&A who were always available & gave the club their unswerving commitment - what would we give for these types?

Your sardonic tone doesn't change the fact that it's not actually Flo's fault. If he's shit and gets further injuries before the end of the season then agreed, can't wait to get him off the wage bill.

But for him, for us and for the club, I hope he proves every person who's slagged him off in this thread very wrong.

Me and my mate laughed like drains when we signed Ashley Ward, we were laughing as we knew he'd be injured after about two games and be off doing his building business, he will prove me wrong in the same way Ashley did..

didn't make the 18 with 4 midfielders on the bench, difficult to see him breaking through really

2 years 5 months with us

10 games

1 good performance

Not played for us since Boxing Day 2014

Paid hundreds of thousands of pounds for zero return since

I won't be holding my breath

What gets me is apparently he is a great guy with great potential. Always crocked, James Wallace is a great guy with great potential. Always crocked. The longer they are injured the better they get.

Back
Top Bottom