Last Man Surely?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can't remember a worse recent decision than when their striker put Moore in the stand while he had the ball in his hands and he gave a corner. It was staggering.
Cumberland throw on Scougall in the penalty area at Bradford?

Pesch? offside goal against Palace in the league cup.

There's two straight away. One in our favour and one against.

Cumberland throw on Scougall in the penalty area at Bradford?

Pesch? offside goal against Palace in the league cup.

There's two straight away. One in our favour and one against.

It was definitely on the level of the Scougall throw as a WTF moment.

I thought ref had a good game.

He let the players play and the game flow.

OK he made some mistakes but so did every player on the pitch.

A fussy ref could have dished out 30 fouls and multitudes of cards and completely spoilt that game.

I said at the end "I don't know who that ref is but I wish we could have him every week. Best we've had for ages"

Is that actually genuine or pisstaking as I cant work it out.

First half he had little to do and so there were no issues.
The second half, in particular from 60+ minutes as someone already mentioned, he had a mare.

Inconsistent and very poor in decision making. Their player twice jumped into Moore - the first time he tried to bundle him over the line when he had the all and the second time when he bundled him out of play, again with the ball in his hands only to give a corner.
If that was the other way around you could guarantee a foul would have been given on the keeper.

The sending off - even he couldn't have not given that it was so blatant.

The "last man" incident - another red card. By all means if he was going to stop play and bring back the 'quick free kick' their player should have been sent off.

The came the finale where he started dishing out free kicks for "fouls" against us.

I, for one, hope we do not have that ref every week because he'll fuck up and bottle all big decisions. He was alright when he had nothing to do.

Their man on Lavery when their keeper thought it was last minute of the FA Cup final when in fact it was the last minute of a mid table match in September.

Anyway.. Surely he was the last man so denied a goal scoring opportunity.. Then, the ref could've waved play on too.

Atrocious decision. He'd already sent one of theirs off and I think the fact it was the last minute played a part. I think their lad knew he would be a goner when he picked Lavery up off the ground but somehow the ref decided otherwise.

Is that actually genuine or pisstaking as I cant work it out.

First half he had little to do and so there were no issues.
The second half, in particular from 60+ minutes as someone already mentioned, he had a mare.

Inconsistent and very poor in decision making. Their player twice jumped into Moore - the first time he tried to bundle him over the line when he had the all and the second time when he bundled him out of play, again with the ball in his hands only to give a corner.
If that was the other way around you could guarantee a foul would have been given on the keeper.

The sending off - even he couldn't have not given that it was so blatant.

The "last man" incident - another red card. By all means if he was going to stop play and bring back the 'quick free kick' their player should have been sent off.

The came the finale where he started dishing out free kicks for "fouls" against us.

I, for one, hope we do not have that ref every week because he'll fuck up and bottle all big decisions. He was alright when he had nothing to do.
Agreed.

In fact, I was just about to say in the first half the ref wasn't bad when he booked Coutts for running alongside a Bristol player, who promptly fell over at the slightest of contacts. Thought that was harsh... but then the consistency went out of the window completely.

Yellow card, fine.

But not to allow the quick free kick? Absolute wanker.

I believe that the goalie has to be in goal when a free kick is taken. So when a FK gets taken when the goalkeeper is organising his wall still, that's fine, because he's in his goal.

Reminds me of this

If that defender doesn't cynically wrestle Lavery off the ball he has a clear run at an empty net. I'd say that's a hell of a goalscoring opportunity.

Fantasy Football programmes werent subtitled when I was watching them. What was it about when the balding David Baddiel had the horse shagging him from behind (also in a few other Phoenix from the Flames, the balding David Baddiel is being chased after a real horse)? Never have been able to work out who they were taking the piss out of!

I think its shocking that some people think its right to give him a booking for that foul, it was such a deliberate foul! The game is going to pots if players are staying on the field with such dirty tactics (alike to the Bradford/Scougall rugby tackle).

3 points . . . . .We move on.
Don't give a monkey's how we get out of this dog shit league.
"Total football" will just have to wait till next season.

A screenshot of the "handball" on the line just before this incident. - make your own mind up:

upload_2016-9-29_2-36-34.png

Fair to say I think he missed that!

And why it was never a goal scoring opportunity in a million years!!:

upload_2016-9-29_2-38-17.png

Someone near me said it's in the rules that it can't be considered a goal scoring opportunity if it's in your own half.

Someone near me said it's in the rules that it can't be considered a goal scoring opportunity if it's in your own half.
Not quite. The problem is he was facing his own goal. Law 12:

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
  • denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the opponents’ goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
  • serious foul play
  • spitting at an opponent or any other person
  • violent conduct
  • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  • receiving a second caution in the same match
Before any jumps up and says about handball in penalty area is no longer a sending off there is some further laws with regards to that:

DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a deliberate handball offence the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned unless:
  • The offence is holding, pulling or pushing or
  • The offending player does not attempt to play the ball or there is no possibility for the player making the challenge to play the ball or
  • The offence is one which is punishable by a red card wherever it occurs on the field of play (e.g. serious foul play, violent conduct etc.)
In all the above circumstances the player is sent off.

The following must be considered:
  • distance between the offence and the goal
  • general direction of the play
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
  • location and number of defenders

Back
Top Bottom