Last Day of the Season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bath Blade

Reaction score
Kick off times now confirmed, Birmingham away will be 3pm on bank holiday Monday, which will also clash with the King’s coronation.

Kick off times now confirmed, Birmingham away will be 3pm on bank holiday Monday, which will also clash with the King’s coronation.
I hope we don't have to sing the national anthem before the game or anything daft. It will be nice to have a good reason to avoid seeing anything to do with the Royal JEC.

easy mistake to make but 8th may is a Bank Holiday to celebrate the coronation. not the date of the coronation

Buckingham Palace is pleased to announce that the Coronation of His Majesty The King will take place on Saturday 6th May, 2023.

The Coronation Ceremony will take place at Westminster Abbey, London, and will be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

The Ceremony will see His Majesty King Charles III crowned alongside The Queen Consort.

easy mistake to make but 8th may is a Bank Holiday to celebrate the coronation. not the date of the coronation

Buckingham Palace is pleased to announce that the Coronation of His Majesty The King will take place on Saturday 6th May, 2023.

The Coronation Ceremony will take place at Westminster Abbey, London, and will be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

The Ceremony will see His Majesty King Charles III crowned alongside The Queen Consort.
Hopes dashed, I'll have to buy some pins for my eyes instead.

Well that's fucked up the trip to Brum and The Welly pub for me as I go on holiday that day, having carefully planned my hols so I could attend the last match, hopefully a promotion celebration. Altered no doubt so that some servile ass lickers can watch the jug-eared sponger get a jewelled hat stuck on his bonce, without the fear that others could actually be enjoying themselves elsewhere doing other things.
The Royal leeches fuck it up for others yet again......

Well that's fucked up the trip to Brum and The Welly pub for me as I go on holiday that day, having carefully planned my hols so I could attend the last match, hopefully a promotion celebration. Altered no doubt so that some servile ass lickers can watch the jug-eared sponger get a jewelled hat stuck on his bonce, without the fear that others could actually be enjoying themselves elsewhere doing other things.
The final games always change. If you’ve planned a holiday around a game which is changed every season then you aren’t really in a position to moan…

Thought it would be moved to the Sunday, to avoid the Coronation. Monday is a bit of a sickener though, that could potentially have been a real party atmosphere with no work the next morning.

The final games always change. If you’ve planned a holiday around a game which is changed every season then you aren’t really in a position to moan…
Well no they don't. EFL divisions usually finish on a Saturday/Sunday lunchtime or afternoon, and all within the same div kicking off at the same time. No chance of it being on Monday 8th when I booked, as this was a working day. Hence I booked to go away on Monday. So I think I have every right to complain.
Repeat - The Royal leeches fuck it up for others yet again......

Not a fan of the Monarchy then?

Not a fan of the Monarchy then?
Just indifferent reallly. I ignore them. To be fair, I suppose it's not them who are changing the date. It's the servile, arse licking bastards at the EFL . Could easily have gone ahead, but scared shitless of the response by The Daily Express etc.

Well no they don't. EFL divisions usually finish on a Saturday/Sunday lunchtime or afternoon, and all within the same div kicking off at the same time. No chance of it being on Monday 8th when I booked, as this was a working day. Hence I booked to go away on Monday. So I think I have every right to complain.
Repeat - The Royal leeches fuck it up for others yet again......
I guess your views will not be universally accepted !!

Back
Top Bottom