Kop for the replay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But Tottenham were flying in the Premier League with players like Kyle Walker, Cristian Eriksen, Son, Kane and the likes. Completely different proposal than seeing Paul Mullin and Ollie Palmer.

Also we'd been out the PL for 7 years at that point, so playing a PL side didn't come around all that often.
C'mon ffs stop pissing on my fire lol i'm allowed to feel optimistic aren't i? 😆

C'mon ffs stop pissing on my fire lol i'm allowed to feel optimistic aren't i? 😆

You can feel optimistic and trust me I would love us to sell out for the return game and shut their fans and their hollywood circus up with a 5-0 battering.

I just don't feel its realistic lol.

Season ticket holders aren’t entitled to a ticket for the FA cup. They may get the opportunity to buy their seat on the kop before general sale, but any unclaimed seats would surely be free to be purchased by anyone who wants to buy them?

Just a feeling i have that we'll be up for this game especially if we draw one of the big boys in the next round

Agree there's 2 factors that will effect the attendance in the replay
1: The price and
2: The draw for the next round

If we are drawn away to someone like Brighton or Southampton....I'll be less interested in us going through.
However if we're at home to a little team from the lower divisions, someone like Wednesday, then it'll put a good 10K on the gate.

Will be interesting to see what policy we adopt regards selling tickets on the Kop.
Remember there's no actual penalty in place, apparently it was United who decided to restrict sales.
If this game is being shown on the BBC, then surely you've expect United to open the Kop.

Also a 3rd factor relates to news regards player sales and/ or the takeover. Positive news will make people more likely to attend.
Selling Berge, losing or drawing the next match away at Rotherham especially if we play poorly and no news of the takeover and still being under an embargo
will piss off our fans and make them less likely to attend.

Last edited:
If we get a good 5th round draw at home the club would be mad not to give some kind of priority to those who buy tickets for the Wrexham replay. That would ensure a decent attendance

if we genuinely did a quid a ticket we wouldn’t sell this game out. I have no problem with doing that. It’s a bonus game. One we didn’t factor in to the profit/loss excel spreadsheet at the start of the season. Sell food and drinks. Make a few quid on that, break even at the worst. What’s the problem? You either do that or you play Infront of 6.5k Wrexham fans and 8k united fans and have a stand closed and it looks fucking crap and they probably roll us over.

They will sell it out btw. Remember last season when they were sending fans to Stockport home games to stand in the away end and cheer on the opposition when they were trying to catch them? It’s their biggest game in 35 years. They’ll sell it out.

if we genuinely did a quid a ticket we wouldn’t sell this game out. I have no problem with doing that. It’s a bonus game. One we didn’t factor in to the profit/loss excel spreadsheet at the start of the season. Sell food and drinks. Make a few quid on that, break even at the worst. What’s the problem? You either do that or you play Infront of 6.5k Wrexham fans and 8k united fans and have a stand closed and it looks fucking crap and they probably roll us over.

They will sell it out btw. Remember last season when they were sending fans to Stockport home games to stand in the away end and cheer on the opposition when they were trying to catch them? It’s their biggest game in 35 years. They’ll sell it out.
Agreed. Keeping the kop closed may save the club an extra few grand in staffing costs, but a full kop will motivate the team. If it's closed, all the team will hear is the Wrexham fans.

Make it cheap and fill the ground.

i think wrexham will sell 5k tickets easily even for a midweek game theyve got that feelgood factor there at the minute they took 4.5k to coventry albeit a saturday game make it £10 adults and £5 concessions and should then get 20k in the ground

I seem to remember an update from Foxy saying the club didn't want the Kop closure to go on any longer than necessary, and that they'd had time to assess the situation. Considering the replay is unlikely to sell out, and that it's not a league fixture, it's a good opportunity to open the stand for general sale, they could use it as a controlled situation to see what happens when those who were buying tickets on general sale before and moving seats are allowed to return where the stand isn't likely to be as full as usual, just to see how things go.

Presuming most are travelling from Wrexham its near on 2hr 30 mins travelling time to Sheffield. For a 19:45 kick off the coaches will probably leave around 17:00. Although date and time not yet confirmed. How many realistically can you see travelling. The attendance at home was 9909 (1163 away) I personally think it wont be far off that same attendance figures again for the replay.

Presuming most are travelling from Wrexham its near on 2hr 30 mins travelling time to Sheffield. For a 19:45 kick off the coaches will probably leave around 17:00. Although date and time not yet confirmed. How many realistically can you see travelling. The attendance at home was 9909 (1163 away) I personally think it wont be far off that same attendance figures again for the replay.
4800, no question about it.

im pretty sure on TV as i was looking at the replays that are taking place i cant see any others taking place

temp 4.jpg
but if we are to get 20,000 it would be very rare for us i was saying on the another thread we had 28 home cup games in the last decade 20 of them were below 11,000 fans & only 4 where above 20,000 they were 2014 Fa cup 5th rd & quarter finals, the 2015 League Cup quarter final & Semi final. Nigel Clough was our manager & Che adams was still playing for us the last time we had crowd in any cup over 20,000

this is the run of home Fa cup games since the FA Cup semi final
Crewe 5,900
Plymouth 7,300
Preston 13,100
Worcester (anyone know a Worcester Fan 😄 ) 11,100
Oldham 6,900
Leyton Orient 6,100
Preston 15,600
Barnet 9,900
Fylde 11,000

Coaches would set off 3-4.30. 5 puts them straight in rush hour traffic and doesn’t allow for any other delays.

Wrecsam will sell out. Don't try and argue otherwise. That club is on the up. They took 5.5k to Coventry. Its 68 miles away from here, 2 hours at most.

Our kop isn't shut, it's restricted to season ticket holders only at the minute. Kop is the only stand they would shut, as per usual. As others have said, that would absolutely give Wrecsam an advantage support-wise based on noise. It's bad enough our side stands don't sing, let alone shutting off the one stand that does.

No idea about pricing but the cheaper it is, more might go. Obviously.

And for the poster who said we'd sell more food and drink. We don't make a penny off of it anyway.

In my opinion, based on nothing more that attending every FA and league cup game at the Lane this century and watching a few Wrexham documentary episodes.

Wrexham will get BLLT and BLUT and sell out. South and JS will be open to Blades with some quid a kid type offer on the JS to get it full, Disney will contrive something to make this happen because that’s where the cameras point.

Kop closed, Westfield close, Pukka Pie closed, tickets 15 quid ish and about 8K Blades in attendance.

The replay will be televised, but Mr Reynolds will be watching from home with a small reaction cam top right on our TV screens that will get commented on more than the game.

Every ‘look at me, my new toy is a football club’ expression on the twats face will be spunked over for at least 5 minutes.

FFS Blades, smash the cunts 6-0 and shut em up, its all getting a bit sickening and plastic now.

Rant over UTB.

Hope we embrace this game…and make it reasonably priced. Even though we were wank yesterday, I think the game has spiked a bit more interest than a usual FA cup match to a non league team…Let’s put it right Blades

It will be £15 I would imagine, unfortunately I don't see people embracing it, regardless of who we draw next too, we played Preston not too long back with man utd awaiting the winners, I'm certain the lane was very empty that night too. It will probably be on tv as well which is an easy excuse to not go.

But saying that, giving the watching world a Wrexham v Fleetwood 5th round tie…would be a very sad indictment indeed.

Don't worry, Wrexham will be dazzled by the lights anyway. Save the match being played in semi darkness as it appeared last night. It will be a tough game. They scored 4 at Coventry!

Don't worry, Wrexham will be dazzled by the lights anyway. Save the match being played in semi darkness as it appeared last night. It will be a tough game. They scored 4 at Coventry!
If we want to progress we will, its about possession stats firstly, we have superior fitness and if we play the ball, quickly and keep possession tiredness will kick in. The possession from yesterday was fairly even with Wrexham just edging it they also had 21 shots with only 7 on target whilst we had 13 shots with 7 on target. If we close them down keep tight when they have the ball and catch them on the counter with pace it will be a walk over. If you let them control the pace and possession and play to their style of play we will fall like the others have. Ultimately we have to play our game plan and let them worry about it. Realistically all 3 of their goals yesterday were gifted from errors somewhere, the long throw has to be eliminated. Pick up your man and we would have won that one at least 3-1

Looking forward to this one! I think Wrexham'll sell out, and I think as it gets closer to the time more Blades than expected will end up going.

If we want to progress we will, its about possession stats firstly, we have superior fitness and if we play the ball, quickly and keep possession tiredness will kick in. The possession from yesterday was fairly even with Wrexham just edging it they also had 21 shots with only 7 on target whilst we had 13 shots with 7 on target. If we close them down keep tight when they have the ball and catch them on the counter with pace it will be a walk over. If you let them control the pace and possession and play to their style of play we will fall like the others have. Ultimately we have to play our game plan and let them worry about it. Realistically all 3 of their goals yesterday were gifted from errors somewhere, the long throw has to be eliminated. Pick up your man and we would have won that one at least 3-1
I thought it weird that we let Wrexham have the ball yesterday.

I'm not being funny but we should be absolutely dominating possession against a team 70 league places below us. Instead we stood off and let the crowd get behind them after shutting them up in the 2nd minute. Ludicrous football tactics.

Back
Top Bottom