CONFIRMED Kacper Lopata leaves for Southend

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hecky said that the youngsters taken were to fill gaps in the squad.
The trip must have cost the club a lot of money. Should we have taken Seriki, Belehouan, Brunt, Ayari, Hackford, Peck and Lankshear too?
We are light at centre half. Lopata did well out on loan and this was an ideal opportunity to take a closer look at him, no?

And surely there’s more logic to taking some of the kids on the fringes then taking JOC & McBurnie who are nowhere near close to being ready to feature in the first team squad.

Logic over sentiment.

Hecky, Jack and Stu McCall watched them in training every day. Given that their jobs depend on their decisions, what have you seen that made you say that?
The performances of both players. They made the decision to pay Davies a lot of money to come here and were obliged to play him really. On a purely football decision Lopata would have been my choice.

Some of you are overreacting to this, it's probably just a standard negotiation situation, both sides have to maximise their value and it's a business relationship at the end of the day, nothing to get all personal about with the lad about his ego or anything. He's protecting his career prospects and earning potential - everyone does the same in all walks of life.

This sort of situation happens all the time in the NFL - both sides have some element of power, so it's just jockeying for position, feels just like what happened with Ndiaye and that all got sorted, but there needed to be a negotiation process.

We need him contracted for longer than a year in order to protect our value, especially if he's likely back out on loan. But he will want a decent pay rise with his new contract to represent the fact he's progressed last year and has a lot of potential. We'll either come to an agreement in the middle or not, that's how contracts work.

I really don't think much needs to be read into this. Liking stuff on social media is a funny old thing that can be taken out of context. You see FB posts about a celebrity who has died and thousands of people like the post. Does that mean they're glad that the celebrity is dead?

Kacpar was probably just liking the post as the Blades were back in action rather than a dummy spit protest.

We are light at centre half. Lopata did well out on loan and this was an ideal opportunity to take a closer look at him, no?

And surely there’s more logic to taking some of the kids on the fringes then taking JOC & McBurnie who are nowhere near close to being ready to feature in the first team squad.

Logic over sentiment.
Gordon was recalled from loan before Lopata. Gordon was regularly picked on the bench ahead of Lopata. The coaches who watch them train daily perhaps think that Gordon is still ahead of him.
RND did well at LCB at Wolves and Gomis has done well in that position for the U23s.
McB is back on the grass so hopefully not too far away 👍

I really don't think much needs to be read into this. Liking stuff on social media is a funny old thing that can be taken out of context. You see FB posts about a celebrity who has died and thousands of people like the post. Does that mean they're glad that the celebrity is dead?

Kacpar was probably just liking the post as the Blades were back in action rather than a dummy spit protest.
Typically I would agree. However there is a big, big part of me that thinks if you want to earn the annual UK minimum wage in a fortnight, at 21, for playing non-league football, it’s not too much to ask that you adhere to certain etiquette.

Haven't checked myself but I have a feeling he has an autolike set up for anything posted by the club. Websites like hootsuite and thunderclap can do similar things easily enough
For what it's worth he also liked, post of sander getting equalizer which no one seems to be mentioning

Maybe just maybe he's liking post's by Sheffield United official Twitter account regardless of what is mentioned...

View attachment 138987

Who knows. Bottom line is that until such time as he comes out and bad mouths the club in the press, or it is clear that he has an issue with the club then we should let it be and give him the benefit of the doubt. Imo obviously.

I worked for a few companies for many years and was a loyal, diligent and low maintenance employee. I got totally screwed over. You should always do what's best for you and get what you can. No need to be disrespectful but be aware you'll be out immediately if that suits your employer (I accept there are a few exceptions here but very few) so I always understand these stands even if I don't like them.

Lopata is as it stands, not up to Championship football, he could develop into it, but not at the moment
He, and his agent thinks he is
The club are developing Harry Boyes brilliantly, he like Lopata is not Championship standard week in week out yet
It's a shame Lopata wont sign, and have a full season in League One or more likely League Two, it would be more beneficial long term IMO

Seems to have reposted all his pictures to do with Sheffield united on instagram and posted a video of bald rooney followed by a pic of him shaking his hand. Perhaps got the contract sorted and off to dc United on loan?

Might be something in it, might not be, but on his instagram story he's posted a photo of him shaking Rooney's hand after our game vs Derby last season. Rooney is now the manager of DC United in the US...

Seems to have reposted all his pictures to do with Sheffield united on instagram and posted a video of bald rooney followed by a pic of him shaking his hand. Perhaps got the contract sorted and off to dc United on loan?
Reposted? So he deleted them? 🤣

Lopata is as it stands, not up to Championship football, he could develop into it, but not at the moment
He, and his agent thinks he is
The club are developing Harry Boyes brilliantly, he like Lopata is not Championship standard week in week out yet
It's a shame Lopata wont sign, and have a full season in League One or more likely League Two, it would be more beneficial long term IMO
As it stands we would be loaning him out to go in the shop window and giving him the chance walk away for free.
Ndiah was in a similar position he signed a new contract ! Look where he is now.
Probably Khadra is similar at Brighton, clubs today arnt going to let that happen today.

As it stands we would be loaning him out to go in the shop window and giving him the chance walk away for free.
Ndiah was in a similar position he signed a new contract ! Look where he is now.
Probably Khadra is similar at Brighton, clubs today arnt going to let that happen today.
Bit different given Ndiaye was going into the first team squad

If he'd sorted his contract he may well have made the bench today and be first choice cover should Egan or RND have got a knock. Instead he's probably dallying over a few quid or worrying that he was never gonna get a game.

Stupid situation.

If he'd sorted his contract he may well have made the bench today and be first choice cover should Egan or RND have got a knock. Instead he's probably dallying over a few quid or worrying that he was never gonna get a game.

Stupid situation.
He’s been at Southampton, Yeovil, Bristol City and Brighton academies before us. You kind of get the impression he’s a bit of a “grass is always greener” type who probably thinks he should be a first team regular and it’s every other fucker’s fault that he isn’t.

He’s been at Southampton, Yeovil, Bristol City and Brighton academies before us. You kind of get the impression he’s a bit of a “grass is always greener” type who probably thinks he should be a first team regular and it’s every other fucker’s fault that he isn’t.
I don't think you're a million miles away from the truth. Possibly a lack of patience being shown. Sounds like the club have offered an extension which should be a show of faith in him but it appears he wants more assurances of first team opportunities. The club obviously shouldn't rush into dishing those out to anyone who kicks up a fuss.

If he doesnt get a loan his career is going to go backwards this season

Has anything changed in this situation? noticed Kacper hasn't been involved with the U21s recently - presumably Kacper and the club are still at stalemate then?

I think it would be a shame if this couldn't get resolved because I think Kacper looks like he could be a solid player in future. Club, understandably, can't be walked over by young players demanding too much though...

Has anything changed in this situation? noticed Kacper hasn't been involved with the U21s recently - presumably Kacper and the club are still at stalemate then?

I think it would be a shame if this couldn't get resolved because I think Kacper looks like he could be a solid player in future. Club, understandably, can't be walked over by young players demanding too much though...
Isn't he injured?

I don't think you're a million miles away from the truth. Possibly a lack of patience being shown. Sounds like the club have offered an extension which should be a show of faith in him but it appears he wants more assurances of first team opportunities. The club obviously shouldn't rush into dishing those out to anyone who kicks up a fuss.

There's nothing wrong with having belief in your ability. However, he should take note of how Iliman has progressed since his 'dispute' over a new contract. Back yourself by all means. But he should let the club handle his development as we have proven we can help young players become professional footballers. (Either with us or elsewhere)

Everything was going to plan and the club recalled him as we thought he may be required for the first team. Although he was enjoying his loan spell he should be flattered by that. The injury situation did not become as bad as feared and he didn't get on the pitch. Another loan was the plan, but he seems to have decided he's not going to go along with the club's advice.

If the situation stays the same, surely we'll have to negotiate a low fee transfer with a number of add on clauses.

Back
Top Bottom