Jim Phipps on Tickets/Preseason (from Facebook).

• Thread starter Deleted member 1486
  • Start date

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's fecking lifted that from me off 'ere, the plegiarising toe rag :)

In fact his whole bloody response about positive football and the way it should be played is a rip off of some of my posts. I demand royalties. I'm not his bloody copy writer :mad:

I reckon you'll be in with a good shout for royalties if he mentions 'Bobbar' in his next update:p

....and those who don't like being told what they are 'supposed to think'.

So they will purport to disagree, whether they actually do or not, just to assert their right to free thought? How very odd! Sounds like people lacking in self-confidence to me.

Personally, I say what I think and expect others to do the same.

You do, but if I recall correctly, creating a SUFC account for online ticket purchases is free.

I understand that it's free, but is it off-puttingly time-consuming or bureaucratic? Like I said maybe the only way to find out is to get some newbies to try and buy a ticket and then evaluate their Customer Interface Experience Co-efficient.

I vaguely remember being fed up with faffing around on a couple of occasions, but decided this was a challenge - and eventually triumphed gloriously when lesser men would have failed.

Also there was something about the website saying you had to register...and then saying it wasn't accepting registrations. I don't know what happened next because I threw the computer out of the window.

Kafka.jpg

You must register Mr Foulkes. We are not accepting registrations Mr Foulkes. You must register Mr Foulkes.

So they will purport to disagree, whether they actually do or not, just to assert their right to free thought? How very odd! Sounds like people lacking in self-confidence to me.

Yes because the right to free thought isn't really that important is it.

If it sounds like 'people lacking in self confidence' then it must be true. You seem to have a gift for everyone else's motivation.

Personally, I say what I think and expect others to do the same

But yet when I said what I thought, you didn't like it and rubbished it

How very odd indeed..

Also there was something about the website saying you had to register...and then saying it wasn't accepting registrations. I don't know what happened next because I threw the computer out of the window.

I know when I ran into the not accepting registrations issue it was because it was when semi final tickets were on sale and they wanted to make sure no Spurs fans got into the home areas... can see why they do it, but it makes an already slightly complicated process harder for genuine first timers after tickets to other matches when there happens to be a big match coming up

I understand that it's free, but is it off-puttingly time-consuming or bureaucratic? Like I said maybe the only way to find out is to get some newbies to try and buy a ticket and then evaluate their Customer Interface Experience Co-efficient.
The vast majority of my tickets over the past decade have been bought online (I live in Leicester, these days). Occasionally I queue up and buy from the ticket office as my folk's place is a one-minute walk from BDTBL. Never had a problem getting online tickets posted out to me. OK there's a £1 booking fee but all in all I'm very pleased with the service.

The vast majority of my tickets over the past decade have been bought online (I live in Leicester, these days). Occasionally I queue up and buy from the ticket office as my folk's place is a one-minute walk from BDTBL. Never had a problem getting online tickets posted out to me. OK there's a £1 booking fee but all in all I'm very pleased with the service.

Once you're in the system it's fine (everyone seems to be agreed on that, basically, I think). I was referring to getting into the system in the first place.

Buy ticket online, barcode sent to phone, scan phone at turnstile. The technology is widely available.

It's even simpler than that. The turnstiles are already NFC enabled so doesn't even need to be Bircotes (try it if you have a Season ticket, hold your card up to the light rather than putting in the alot and Shazam, your in)

The seasoncards we use are the same as used in US Stadia, in the USA however you can load them with Money like a kind of prepaid credit card and use them all over the ground to buy stuff etc. The technology is already there for us, just needs to be utilised properly

I know when I ran into the not accepting registrations issue it was because it was when semi final tickets were on sale and they wanted to make sure no Spurs fans got into the home areas... can see why they do it, but it makes an already slightly complicated process harder for genuine first timers after tickets to other matches when there happens to be a big match coming up

Maybe that was when I came up against it as well.

A problem here is that it's precisely these big games where genuine new fans may well want to register.

If they are put off then that's potentially a real wasted opportunity to recruit new fans.

So how to separate off the outsiders from the insiders..?

It's even simpler than that. The turnstiles are already NFC enabled so doesn't even need to be Bircotes (try it if you have a Season ticket, hold your card up to the light rather than putting in the alot and Shazam, your in)

The seasoncards we use are the same as used in US Stadia, in the USA however you can load them with Money like a kind of prepaid credit card and use them all over the ground to buy stuff etc. The technology is already there for us, just needs to be utilised properly
My phone is NFC enabled, what about using that to gain access to the ground? Would that be possible? (I'm a season ticket holder)

Regarding his comment about 'upsetting season ticket holders' by doing too many deals. I'm a season ticket holder and quite honestly don't give a flying fig how many deals the club does. Just get every seat filled!

Don't do Facebook but hope if Jim reads these posts he can reassure those of us who are expecting a new season card (mine due to reaching 60) that we will receive them before the first home game

Yes because the right to free thought isn't really that important is it.

If it sounds like 'people lacking in self confidence' then it must be true. You seem to have a gift for everyone else's motivation.

But yet when I said what I thought, you didn't like it and rubbished it

How very odd indeed..

Not in the least bit odd. I said what I thought...

Maybe that was when I came up against it as well.

A problem here is that it's precisely these big games where genuine new fans may well want to register.

If they are put off then that's potentially a real wasted opportunity to recruit new fans.

So how to separate off the outsiders from the insiders..?

Exactly, and the problem is something like addresses isn't always helpful - to use the Spurs example - you could have someone from London who's genuinely had their attention caught and has zero to do with Spurs, or you could have someone from Yorkshire who is a Spurs fan... Generalising always ends up in people being unfairly treated and/or people slipping through the net so it's tricky...

I assume the new registrations restriction is to make sure anyone new has to speak to someone, on the phone or in person, in an attempt to weed out the potential outsiders but again, accents aren't that helpful and a determined outsider will have come up with a cover story...

So, yeah, no easy answers but the blanket ban on new online registrations in those situations can be counterproductive

Back
Top Bottom