Jim gone VERY quiet on Twatter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Probably a wise move by him to pack Twitter in, it was only getting him hassle.. Some of which he brought on himself but that's doesn't excuse the personal abuse from the knuckle draggers.

I Think Jim will be leaving his role with us before next season starts anyway.

Do you mean someone like this Fatty?

fortune-teller-11706561.jpg
:confused:

He said happy not horny.

It was off vip blades group and i reckon they are on there way out or already sold off to some one else

The guy made a massive mistake by directly communicating with fans (even if it was with the best of intentions) he could have 'managed' the twitter communications from a central SUFC account to give the fans the communication they so long for. By using his own account he gave fans a direct figure to vent against.

He didn't help himself by spouting line after line of untruths (however big or small) and it reached its peak a few weeks ago when he blocked a few people (including me) for very minor things. All I did was send a Tweet saying watching fans argue with him every week was embarrassing so I was going to un-follow him.

But ultimately lads, he's been found out or rather the owners have and that is why he has disappeared but don't worry he will be back should we either a) consolidate a play off place b) sign a DOF C) need to prompt mass season ticket renewals with rumours of BIG singings.

Jim Phipps - The boy who cried wolf.

Nice guy but stay away from Social Media.

Shame that a nice guy (which he is) should be driven away from social media because of some keyboard warrior scum that use it.

No sign at all of him since before the Wigan game.

Maybe it's just an (extended) head-below-the-parapet temporary disappearing act.

But, quite possibly - is this the end of the bold SUFC interact-with-the-fans-on-social-media experiment?
If so - a good thing or a bad thing?

Every revolution has its Thermidor.

Shame that a nice guy (which he is) should be driven away from social media because of some keyboard warrior scum that use it.

Agreed.... He is probably a really nice guy .... And yes you are right there are a hell of a lot of 'key board Warriors' who think that any social media means they can say what they want without thinking about how it might impact the other person.

Some people just can't seem to say 'I don't believe you' 'we have been let down' ' I don't trust you' without putting several expletives in there so the message gets lost.

Failed experiment but to be fair so is the current set up (Jim included) so while he probably is a great guy... He shouldn't be left in charge of a football club.

Agreed.... He is probably a really nice guy .... And yes you are right there are a hell of a lot of 'key board Warriors' who think that any social media means they can say what they want without thinking about how it might impact the other person.

Some people just can't seem to say 'I don't believe you' 'we have been let down' ' I don't trust you' without putting several expletives in there so the message gets lost.

Failed experiment but to be fair so is the current set up (Jim included) so while he probably is a great guy... He shouldn't be left in charge of a football club.
Jim's like a youth club leader that tries to be down with the kids. Then the big lads tell him to fuck off and you half feel sorry for him and half think 'what do you expect'.

Touchy feelly Jim was probably a little naive when he imersed himself amongst the "great unwashed." Bloody great when we had the cup runs etc. I think the vitreolic reaction of the fans has genuinely shocked him.

At least Jim was saying something via twitter. The problem now is that there's very little coming out of the club, other than from Adkins, and so speculation begins.

Have McCabe and the Prince fallen out, have they refused to back Adkins in the transfer window, is the Prince about to leave, is McCabe trying to sell to a Chinese investor...??

Without Jim's tweets we now have a "news vacuum" which is being filled with all kinds of rubbish and rumours. We need a proper club spokesman, who's actually based in the UK. Barnsley's chief exec Ben Mansford seems to do this well at Oakwell - wish we had someone similar at the Lane.

Needs to find a happy medium but Twitter is extremely ugly atm.

Responses on fb (where I think he's also quiet) had some balance - possibly because people basically post under their own names.

"extremely ugly ass to mouth" ? Sorry, I no longer understand the posts on this site.... I still haven't worked out what a "thindercunt" actually is.

I giggle like a school boy Will - and Mrs Welton still slaps my face at the mere mention of a birthday 'minibank' !

And a 'thundercunt' ?

I admittedly think he's a blowhard but it's actually refreshing to have actual communication from the club. You can;t explain a massacre with platitudes though. I'd rather he appears when there's something to say. Not just to take a kicking on behalf of Bluntman and Chronic.

Jim resurfaced just the once then since his pre-Wigan appearance, to confirm his enjoyment of a chip butty over in Riyadh.

Feel a bit sorry for him tbh - frozen into twatter inactivity: anything he'd say right now would be derided.

Didn't he do some survey after the JTW.

What's the result ?

Silence and rudderless.

Who the hell is chairing the Transfer Committee meetings, they'll be running wild now the owners have disappeared.

Jim resurfaced just the once then since his pre-Wigan appearance, to confirm his enjoyment of a chip butty over in Riyadh.

Feel a bit sorry for him tbh - frozen into twatter inactivity: anything he'd say right now would be derided.

How can he munch nonchalently on a chip buttie in Riyadh as our promotion hopes disappear in front of our eyes? Phipps out!

He picked the baton up and 'ran' with it whilst proclaiming to all and sundry to be 'United Together', how great everything is/is going to be etc etc..no one forced him to do it, so to go into hiding when the wicket's a bit sticky is poor form IMO.

Jim Phipps is like a tree—a mighty oak. He stands for so many, as the Psalms put it, "like a tree, planted by streams of water with leaves that do not wither." Many who know him have witnessed the fruit of his labors, have sat in his shade and even been protected by his presence.

But, aye, he should get the fuck off Twitter.

Didn't he do some survey after the JTW.

What's the result ?

Silence and rudderless.

Who the hell is chairing the Transfer Committee meetings, they'll be running wild now the owners have disappeared.

Difficult to blame Jim per se for that (puppet rather than puppetmaster), but given that he's the man tasked as being the conduit between board/owners & fans, then his ongoing silence is an abdication of responsibility on the part of the owners & board.

If Jim's social media crusade has been shelved, then what's the alternative? Deafening silence? And does it all amount to an implicit corporate admission of failure & a total lack of ongoing strategy (other than "fingers crossed")?

Well, when the football doesn't work out he can open Saudi Arabia's first Greggs.

Probably a mixture of him being ill and taking nasty comments and abuse from people even when we win. Not really fair that he gets most of the flack despite only being one member of the board and the decline seems to be McCabe's fault. Given the current atmosphere I can see why he's off it. It's a shame, but at least he gave it a go.

What would he say at the moment though .......

" Really sorry guys that you caught me out giving you all a line of bullshit again " ? :rolleyes:

UTB & FTP

Not much Jim can say now, board at loggerheads and not even communicating, managers a fruitcake, players want away, no scouting network what-so-ever, no plan to go forward, no investment, no potential buys, 2016/17 season ticket marketing will have to be conducted by Dynamo. fans have finally had enough, its just one big mess. The only good thing that can come out of this is McCabe will look at potential loss's of 10m over the next two seasons and decide to walk away, his valuation of club assets far out weight the real true value so no investors will be interested and the rumoured Chinese investment is a smoke screen set up by him to make it look like something might materialise. A sad state of affairs.

Not much Jim can say now, board at loggerheads and not even communicating, managers a fruitcake, players want away, no scouting network what-so-ever, no plan to go forward, no investment, no potential buys, 2016/17 season ticket marketing will have to be conducted by Dynamo. fans have finally had enough, its just one big mess. The only good thing that can come out of this is McCabe will look at potential loss's of 10m over the next two seasons and decide to walk away, his valuation of club assets far out weight the real true value so no investors will be interested and the rumoured Chinese investment is a smoke screen set up by him to make it look like something might materialise. A sad state of affairs.

Wonder if t'owd Milan Manderic is keeping an eye on things!

Back
Top Bottom