Outgoing? Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What does resigning Jebbison cost the club? A lower end first team contract probably.

If that money wasn’t being spent on Jebbison where else would it go? Covering the salary for a free agent squad filler next season probably. It highly unlikely that type of player has a significant positive impact for the club other than stepping in in an injury crisis.

There’s a chance with Jebbo that he puts the injuries behind him and kicks on finding consistency and becomes a starting player or a significant financial asset.

I’d rather invest that money on a player with upside rather than on a squad filler. Especially when we have so few long term assets currently at the club.

Young players need to be just the right level of good.

Genuine first team quality at a young age, get sold (See Iliman)

You’ve then got player who potentially would be genuine first team quality, but have potential way higher than current ability. These need minutes to develop, but ability doesn’t warrant it. (See Jebbison, Osula etc).

Then there’s the perfect niche of being a solid first team player, without being outstanding - where they play and are at the right level at the right time (see RND)

The nature of our club in the last number of years, is we’ve always been striving. Either to get out of a league or to stay in one. We’ve not had the luxury of fans being content and expecting a mid table finish! This isn’t fertile ground for playing the likes of Jebbison, with a big leaning towards pure development.

Tell you what this lad has a decent agent it seems..

Some seriously big European clubs looking at him apparently.

I'm not knocking him but I can't say I've seen enough to warrant that. He may well develop into a cracking player but so far he hasn't shown that.

He's scored 2 goals for us.

One Vs Everton one Vs Hull 2 seasons apart. In that time his best game came toward the end of last season where I think he assisted 2 in the same game and should have scored another. Other than that he's not been too effective.

I'd suggest that Osula looks the more promising, and he also has better physical attributes.
Whether he will develop into what we want again I can't be sure.

One Vs Everton one Vs Hull 2 seasons apart. In that time his best game came toward the end of last season where I think he assisted 2 in the same game and should have scored another. Other than that he's not been too effective.

I'd suggest that Osula looks the more promising, and he also has better physical attributes.
+ Millwall away in the Cup.

Tell you what this lad has a decent agent it seems..

Some seriously big European clubs looking at him apparently.

I'm not knocking him but I can't say I've seen enough to warrant that. He may well develop into a cracking player but so far he hasn't shown that.

It'd be a very low fee (about £500k) if he went abroad. That's nothing if you can afford it when you look at how much potential he has. It may amount to nothing but there aren't that many players with his physical and technical profile who've actually been a decent player before they turn 20

People are acting like he's shit and he always will be based on what he's done against grown ups as a teenager

He should be worth £10m. As i said other day - there's no better player than an SUFC youth player who's out on loan

But he’s out of contract like Brooks and half the squad. Need to get our arses in gear as there’s no point having a decent Academy if we don’t tie our best down and let them go for a pittance to other clubs benefit.

If the Ndiaye debacle teaches us anything. Its that we should never assume anything until it's signed and sealed.

I could imagine his agent tapping around for a move to Germany.
If his Agent is doing his job he should be getting in all the alternate offers so that he can see what the options are. Even if Jebbo has had a complete change of heart and now wants to stay, his agent has to be able to demonstrate he's making an informed choice.

If his Agent is doing his job he should be getting in all the alternate offers so that he can see what the options are. Even if Jebbo has had a complete change of heart and now wants to stay, his agent has to be able to demonstrate he's making an informed choice.

Once we let the contract run down to the last 6 months, we run this risk with all our players.

Huge potential, absolutely gutted if we let him go.
Agree. He has fantastic attributes and in my opinion he looks better than DCL did at a similar age with a similar number of appearances behind him. It would be criminal for us to let him go for a nominal fee when we are supposedly aiming to be self-sufficient. Very, very poor of the club to allow this situation to evolve.

We've all told girls that we're about to sign for a European giant, in our time.
Many years ago, in our early 20s, three of us went to stay in Oslo with a Norweigan mate from Uni. England played Norway whilst there and we were in the Norway end. After the game we went clubbing and my mate who looked like Alan Shearer was signing autographs as him. That definitely impressed the Norweigan birds !

I think that site that the link is from puts out a lot of content that is complete shite. Apart from that I would be upset if we didn’t hang on to him and see what he could become.

The fact that everyone within the club is desperate for him to sign a new deal tells you all you need to know in terms of how highly he's rated and regarded. That's by people with actual football knowledge and not some no-marks on the internet making snap judgements on a few sub appearances.

Sadly some fans can't see beyond their noses, nor have the patience to allow a young player to find his way - even if that takes that little bit longer.

The lad has everything needed to make a real go of it. Maybe just afford him a bit of time, he's 20 year old trying to get into a side that's either been pushing for promotion or in the PL.

The youngest squad age in the league is Chelsea with a average age of 23 according to transfer market. I do think we forget how young jebbo and Osula are sometimes as it feels they have been around a while now.

Probably on the radar of major European clubs due to representing England at U18 , U19 & U20 levels .

I don‘t think Jebbison will sign another deal at United, I get the feeling that after the injury debacle, he wants away while he still has some kind of CV.

I’m always get the impression that, he is firmly of the opinion that he is destined for bigger things than Sheffield United have got to offer. I expect he’ll go for an insignificant fee and a decent sell on.

GLTTL

Back
Top Bottom