Player Suggestion Jacob Greaves

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yogi

Reaction score
Probably not one for this summer given we have spent our budget but if we have a good season and do manage to get up he’d be one worth taking a good hard look at.

Tall athletic left footed centreback Hull have just turned down a 5 million pound bid from Middlesbrough for him. He could be a great long term left sided compliment to Anel.

I watched a few minutes of their game against Bradford last night and the commentator mentioned Premier League scouts being there to watch him.

I watched a few minutes of their game against Bradford last night and the commentator mentioned Premier League scouts being there to watch him.
Yeah there does seem to be some interest in him if he moves this summer then obviously not a chance but if they do hold onto him for another year he’d be high up on my wish list if we have a good season.

If Wilder’s put a bid in, it will be Villa’s scouts watching him.

Bump (especially after Sheff United Way's compelling argument!)

Forest and Villa were apparently sniffing around but I'd really like us to push the boat out on LCB so we can do a bit of future proofing. Him and Anel could be an amazing duo for years to come.

Bump (especially after Sheff United Way's compelling argument!)

Forest and Villa were apparently sniffing around but I'd really like us to push the boat out on LCB so we can do a bit of future proofing. Him and Anel could be an amazing duo for years to come.

Not sure how he picks up an injury, is replaced with another kid from the academy, he contract obviously runs down and then his price goes up.
IF, we are looking to spend £5m on a central defender then Greaves makes a lot more sense than Coady.

Greaves, Omobambidele, Anel, Egan would be a very strong foundation for the CB group for the next 3/4 years. With the caveat that obviously if they do well or continue to do well in Anel’s case they will be sold but that would be a good problem to have.

He's been outstanding. He'd be perfect for us. Should have probably been signed when we lost JOC

But he's we'll under contract and I'd expect him to move for 10m+ this summer. So not realistic

And LCB is hardly the place we should spend money. What I'd be looking to do is get rid of Trusty and replace him with better without breaking the bank. Wesley Hoedt from Watford would be a very solid addition, he's easily a promotion standard CB

Watched him closely a few times.
Known of him much longer than most.

Initially a very talented midfield player as a lad, was at the Hull academy from a young age.
Struggled around the time of his growth spurt but came through it and developed into a defender. So is decent with the ball.

Played regularly for a few years, albeit under some poor coaches and alongside some pretty poor players.
Would by very exposed at premier league level, and a long way from good enough. Has too many errors in him, isn’t very quick, and gets caught out positionally. Still young however so there is time for him.
Any talk of fees over £2/3m is ridiculous and far too risky….see Trusty as a fine example of that and he came from Arsenal Not hills academy, which was level 3 for most of his development.
As per any fan, theirs will talk up the quality of their player, even more so if he’s “one of their own”…we are as bad.

£3m absolute maximum fee dependant on meeting certain targets. Chuck a sell on percentage in as well.
He needs a lot of work, they demand more then let someone else take the risk and walk away, but I suspect Hull may have spent well over the P&S since their new owner arrived, and will need to rake some money back in.

This rumours has all come down beacuse our Cheif Scout said he was good! We won’t be paying those figures for a centre half.

But I would hope he’s watching both sides as alot of there players I would take. Tyler Morton on loan would be a good start as would Carvalho (depends on his wage demands).

But at least we have rumours involving our chief scouts these days.

If Greaves is all that, and I'm still yet to be convinced, I think it will be as a longer term replacement for Robinson.
I don't think for a moment we're looking at that kind of purchase this close season, and it makes a lot more sense if they're building up a view of targets for short, medium and long term.
If I'm right, then he's the sort of purchase we'd be looking at more in the summer of 2025 if we're promoted.

I just don't see us paying transfer fees

If we do it will be only be for 2-3 positions you'd have thought. If we offload Anel and Souza relatively early, I can see us having a reasonable budget, albeit if will be spread across circa 10 new signings.

Probably another one where if we'd bought him when first suggested it'd have worked out just fine

Watched him closely a few times.
Known of him much longer than most.

Initially a very talented midfield player as a lad, was at the Hull academy from a young age.
Struggled around the time of his growth spurt but came through it and developed into a defender. So is decent with the ball.

Played regularly for a few years, albeit under some poor coaches and alongside some pretty poor players.
Would by very exposed at premier league level, and a long way from good enough. Has too many errors in him, isn’t very quick, and gets caught out positionally. Still young however so there is time for him.
Any talk of fees over £2/3m is ridiculous and far too risky….see Trusty as a fine example of that and he came from Arsenal Not hills academy, which was level 3 for most of his development.
As per any fan, theirs will talk up the quality of their player, even more so if he’s “one of their own”…we are as bad.

£3m absolute maximum fee dependant on meeting certain targets. Chuck a sell on percentage in as well.
He needs a lot of work, they demand more then let someone else take the risk and walk away, but I suspect Hull may have spent well over the P&S since their new owner arrived, and will need to rake some money back in.
Trusty was signed in 2022 from Colorado Rapids and stayed there on loan before returning at the end of the season and immeditely signing for Birmingham on loan. He then signed permanently for us. I'd be suprised if he ever set foot in Arsenal's academy...

Trusty was signed in 2022 from Colorado Rapids and stayed there on loan before returning at the end of the season and immeditely signing for Birmingham on loan. He then signed permanently for us. I'd be suprised if he ever set foot in Arsenal's academy...

Fair point.
Then I suppose I’d hope Arsenal were capable of picking a player. Seems not.

Back
Top Bottom