It's as simple as this

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's a large difference between different opinions and the me me me OP you started.

Here's a little bit of advice for you, when composing the latest masterpiece, count the references you make to yourself. If it's more than 3, try again.
It isn't me me me though is it?

I was making the point about some of the things I've been saying for a long time, it'd be pretty hard doing that without referencing myself a few times.

It isn't me me me though is it?

I was making the point about some of the things I've been saying for a long time, it'd be pretty hard doing that without referencing myself a few times.

It was a post about yourself, vaguely disguised as being about Sheffield United.

Like I said, try to help yourself, and count the references that Barney makes to Barney in Barney's posts about Barney, and reduce by at least 50%.

It will require a bit of self awareness but I reckon you could manage it.

It was a post about yourself, vaguely disguised as being about Sheffield United.

Like I said, try to help yourself, and count the references that Barney makes to Barney in Barney's posts about Barney, and reduce by at least 50%.

It will require a bit of self awareness but I reckon you could manage it.
While we're dishing out the advice, I must say you have a way about you that seems to always want to dominate discussions as opposed to allowing for reasoned debate. You do it with everyone you engage with on here, but bladetoolong in particular. Perhaps you could think of a way or two to improve on that front.

I'm not sure whether to feel hugely patronised, or a little bit flattered.
Either or, it's no skin off my chin. Fell flattered or have another epic flounce, I'm not really fussed either way. Watching a flounce is always good fun though.

While we're dishing out the advice, I must say you have a way about you that seems to always want to dominate discussions as opposed to allowing for reasoned debate. You do it with everyone you engage with on here, but bladetoolong in particular. Perhaps you could think of a way or two to improve on that front.

Forget it Barn, carry on as you are.
Enjoy the 'debate' you inspire.

Whether he's a Wendy or not, whether you like him or you don't, you have to admit that old Barneys got some balls. He's like the 1 Spartan.

Rightly or wrongly he appears to attract (and ride out) a lot of personal abuse from folk on here, and for the most part, it looks to be ignored by the administrators. Interesting when you consider the couple of threads deleted earlier in the day.

Is it who you know on here, rather than what you know. Are there two sets of membership - just asking the question?

think the thing is Long in t/t, that generally when some one gets abuse, or "bullied" the abused tends to be exactly that, personal, but in Barneys case it's more about what he's written. And as you say the 1 Spartan is fairly thick skinned and is not shy at retaliation. While ever he's holding his own, I think admin will stay out of it. There Fukin done it now, weeks of following the adventures of barney and promising not get involved, and what do I do.
Any way hope I've not said anything that would lead me to fall off this fence I've been sat on all this time.

Whether he's a Wendy or not, whether you like him or you don't, you have to admit that old Barneys got some balls. He's like the 1 Spartan.

Rightly or wrongly he appears to attract (and ride out) a lot of personal abuse from folk on here, and for the most part, it looks to be ignored by the administrators. Interesting when you consider the couple of threads deleted earlier in the day.

Is it who you know on here, rather than what you know. Are there two sets of membership - just asking the question?
Had it not been for the first few words of that, you'd have had a like. I think you hit the nail on the head with the last sentence.

Without wanting to knock Foxy - and I aren't when I say this as I appreciate the forum as does everyone else, I'd have a good guess shorehamview, for example, knows him on a personal level. Post's like his towards the start of the thread, while not explicitly name calling etc. etc. , they have the same sort of intended effect about them. It's a clever way of trying to have the effect the abuse has, without actually giving the game away so to speak.

Having looked at some of the threads Foxy's closed down recently though (credit to him btw), said post by shorehamview must certainly have fallen within the same category. I questioned that myself before you raised the point, but then there's the "whinging" claim to be levelled - so it's as well not to bother.

From your post though and without "involving" you in any of this rubbish, I'm guessing that's what you were getting at.

Most if not all communities have cliques, and Internet forums are no different. On football forums passions run higher than such as DIY forums so it's even more evident. And on football forums of clubs in such turmoil as ours even more so ( so IMO yes in other words ;) )
Edit: having said that I once received a death threat on a food and drink forum where, as a newby, I asked a question about making margarita cocktails and I posted it in HTML rather than plain text by mistake!

Just a point though, Barnster - no reasoned debate ever follows on from your posts, from yourself or anyone else.

You create the OP, often stated as fact rather than as an invitation for others to present their opinions.

Sadly we all know what happens next - Forum Baiting Tennis. *Deuce!*

Just a point though, Barnster - no reasoned debate ever follows on from your posts, from yourself or anyone else.

You create the OP, often stated as fact rather than as an invitation for others to present their opinions.

Sadly we all know what happens next - Forum Baiting Tennis. *Deuce!*

^This^

I looked at the OP and what struck me is Barney's sense of self-justification.

Barney - I was slagging McCabe off for not backing the manager and replacing sold players back in 2007/2008/2009. Back then, people were chanting the same old happy-clappy mantra to trust Robson, he'll turn it round (sound familiar?) and what went on regading transfers and 'how much?' was of no concern of mine, thank you very much. Big fucking deal. This board isn't about 'us' as posters and how right we feel we think we are and how much we wish other posters to apologise profusely for whatever. It's about United. Len de Goey was a similar wind up merchant and attracted a barrowload of shit from posters, but in amy ways he foretold this dismal period for our team, including further relegation IIRC. Do we see him back saying 'told you so'? In the original instance of your opinion being made, you could have been wrong and we could have stormed the league. What would you have done there? Come on and apologised? You have actually been wrong on one or two points in question but we don't see many posters asking for a retraction of apology. They are observations and opinions.

So shut the fuck up and grow up, eh? This is a footy forum not the Barney self-aggrandisemnt forum as much as it isn't mine, Brownie's or anyone else's.

Opiinions are like arseholes, and rather than having one, you are acting like one.

pommpey

Is it bullying? To be honest I hadn't thought that. It's more a problem of whether or not posters have the capability to accept others opinions.

You don't have opinions though do you? You have just the one. Singular. The atomic number of Hydrogen. The name of the non-profit that Bono the wanker runs. It's a stunningly unoriginal opinion, lacking in nuance, yet you present it like it was delivered to you, and you only from the Oracle of Delphi.

Without wanting to knock Foxy - and I aren't when I say this as I appreciate the forum as does everyone else, I'd have a good guess shorehamview, for example, knows him on a personal level. Post's like his towards the start of the thread, while not explicitly name calling etc. etc. , they have the same sort of intended effect about them. It's a clever way of trying to have the effect the abuse has, without actually giving the game away so to speak.

Yes, I do know Foxy personally, and no, I wasn't abusing you. I was merely suggesting that you could perhaps do with a drink or three and some manual stress-relief. Suggesting self-abuse, if you like. I'm not going to call you a rude name, because that's not on. I do however think that your view is very blinkered, in as much that if anyone disagrees with you then they're automatically wrong. Yet you've admitted to not even attending matches any more.

You can read intol my post whatever you want to. You can take it as a suggestion to marry into royalty, or jump off a bridge. I don't really give a shit. I just suggested that a chap with so much pent-up frustration might be better off having a quick wank. It's up to you if you do or not.

Most if not all communities have cliques, and Internet forums are no different. On football forums passions run higher than such as DIY forums so it's even more evident. And on football forums of clubs in such turmoil as ours even more so ( so IMO yes in other words ;) )
Edit: having said that I once received a death threat on a food and drink forum where, as a newby, I asked a question about making margarita cocktails and I posted it in HTML rather than plain text by mistake!
I don't know what you are on mate but do you have any left?

It's the BARNEY show! YAAAAAAAYYYYYY.................:)
images

^This^

I looked at the OP and what struck me is Barney's sense of self-justification.

pommpey

Last week, he PMed to ask me what I didn't like in a post of his. Assuming it wasn't a rhetorical question and being a reasonable person, I replied with an explanation. I got back four paragraphs, including the phrase "I'm afraid you've got a few things wrong there". He's not big on self-doubt our Barney and whereas I'm pretty sure len was playing a role, I think what we see on here is the real Barney, probably not big on social interaction and self unaware.

Had it not been for the first few words of that, you'd have had a like. I think you hit the nail on the head with the last sentence.

Having looked at some of the threads Foxy's closed down recently though (credit to him btw), said post by shorehamview must certainly have fallen within the same category. I questioned that myself before you raised the point, but then there's the "whinging" claim to be levelled - so it's as well not to bother.

From your post though and without "involving" you in any of this rubbish, I'm guessing that's what you were getting at.

About a week ago, Foxy reiterated the "play nicely" instructions. He did that largely because of the stick that you were getting. Now you have the nerve to turn that round and suggest that he may be operating some kind of favouritism for people he knows personally (whilst of course you say that you aren't being critical and not whinging, whilst doing both). You are one snidey piece of work. And what if he is selective? Why shouldn't he, it's his gaffe, his rules and as has been said before, if you don't like it you don't have to stay. Personally, I think you're lucky to be here given the destructive affect you've had on the board (in my opinion, I don't claim to speak for anybody else)

I have a simple question for you, then a positive suggestion. Before getting your little dig in, you said you appreciate the forum and then spoke supportively on behalf of all of us (not sure we need the most corrosive poster as a spokesman, but I do agree with you). Have you made any financial contribution since you've been on here? I'm not asking how much or when, yes or no will suffice.

Have you made any financial contribution since you've been on here? I'm not asking how much or when, yes or no will suffice.
That has absolutely nothing to do with anything, and so there's no need to answer. And don't ask me again, because that won't change anything in the way of that either. Thanks.

Everyone kicked up a fuss when I made the point about it being such a wrong decision to take as long as we did to assess the squad. I was spot on. Similarly with my criticism of Adkins' strange refusal to sign in priority order i.e sign 2 central defenders and not 2 strikers as he did. We still haven't achieved that even now. I said we shouldn't be signing slow and unathletic players. We sign four and as seen a mile off, all have been poor.

Now we're feeling the force of the mistakes pointed out above, most are obviously as frustrated as I've been for the last 7 months. But then there's an almost unanimous mocking of an attempt of a protest just the other day. The performances and everything else have absolutely nothing to do with the excellent support we always recieve but that just doesn't add up.

Everyone has their own in depth opinions and such like but it's fairly simple:

We shan't be going anywhere whilst these owners, this board and Adkins are in place. It's as simple as that.
you could have timed it better. it was 6pm and everyone had just got home. the last thing they want to see is your obsession with Adkins. personally, i think it goes much deeper than just NA.

think the thing is Long in t/t, that generally when some one gets abuse, or "bullied" the abused tends to be exactly that, personal, but in Barneys case it's more about what he's written. And as you say the 1 Spartan is fairly thick skinned and is not shy at retaliation. While ever he's holding his own, I think admin will stay out of it. There Fukin done it now, weeks of following the adventures of barney and promising not get involved, and what do I do.
Any way hope I've not said anything that would lead me to fall off this fence I've been sat on all this time.
Yup, I've watched from afar myself - sometimes laughing, sometimes wincing.

Still a bit odd that a couple of pretty harmless threads (in comparison to the many involving our friend Barney) targeting members of the Clapettes got chopped so quickly?

Still a bit odd that a couple of pretty harmless threads (in comparison to the many involving our friend Barney) targeting members of the Clapettes got chopped so quickly?

Not sure what you mean by odd, but if you're suggesting I've been inconsistent, I've a backlog of reported posts and loads and loads of threads I've not even read yet.

Having worked long hours all 7 days last week, breaking only for Saturday's match and the evening having a meal with Linz, I spent about an hour online post match, giving out infractions and bannings.

They simply happened to be the ones I came across first on Saturday evening.

It would be nice if I didn't have to waste my limited free time babysitting at all and could spend a bit of time discussing the Blades now and again.

Not sure what you mean by odd, but if you're suggesting I've been inconsistent, I've a backlog of reported posts and loads and loads of threads I've not even read yet.

Having worked long hours all 7 days last week, breaking only for Saturday's match and the evening having a meal with Linz, I spent about an hour online post match, giving out infractions and bannings.

They simply happened to be the ones I came across first on Saturday evening.

It would be nice if I didn't have to waste my limited free time babysitting at all and could spend a bit of time discussing the Blades now and again.
What did you think about the shite served up Saturday?

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything, and so there's no need to answer. And don't ask me again, because that won't change anything in the way of that either. Thanks.

A bit prickly there Barney, hope I haven't touched a raw nerve with a very straightforward question, but it's what I expected, I respect your view and shan't ask again.

Either you've chipped in a bit and you're too modest to admit it, or you're embarrassed because you come on here demanding action from the site owners, as if you have rights, whilst expecting them to fund your anti-Adkins campaign.

I don't see you as a light under a bushel sort, but who knows?

Back
Top Bottom