It’s a praise to the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Big well done and thank you to The Blades for saving me a lot of money his summer. With Brooks leaving and the home strip debacle, I’m going to be saving a fortune not paying for iFollow or a shirt for my lad, as he has now lost interest.
A stint in the Premier will soon bring him round

I know United can't keep our best players forever in our current position, and especially not when we were in league one, but feels like Brooks went before he got started. That's what's shit about this transfer.

Big well done and thank you to The Blades for saving me a lot of money his summer. With Brooks leaving and the home strip debacle, I’m going to be saving a fortune not paying for iFollow or a shirt for my lad, as he has now lost interest.

Was your son a Chesterfield fan then when Brooks was on loan there the season before ?

I know United can't keep our best players forever in our current position, and especially not when we were in league one, but feels like Brooks went before he got started. That's what's shit about this transfer.

Much in life provides disappointment but if the only reason to support a club is because they have the money to buy and retain the most expensive players, you have chosen the wrong club to support.

TD & Son will still be Blades, like a lot today you find other priorities or better value for your money

I am certain there are more Blades that dont go to the Lane regularly, than actually turn up

Up to the Club to figure out how to retain and attract others back

Being brought up a Blade is character building and serves to teach kiddies they don't get everything in life they want or think they deserve. Always taught my kids if life gives you lemons make lemonade. UTB

God that brought back some memories TCLC of my late father , my old mans pep talk to me growing up whenever it was owt I disliked or didn’t want to do was ‘ its character building ‘ & ‘ not everything in life comes on a plate , you have to work for it ‘ .. all good advice & ethics which have served my well to date .. worryingly I’m getting more like him every day .. I’ll be drinking hot tea in 80f next ?

Players come players go, managers come managers go, the only constant is us the fans. Like many I’ve lost count of the number of “favourite “ players I’ve seen go. I’ve learnt to live with it and I’m sure your lad will too in time. Surely you haven’t led him to believe that being a Blade was an easy choice??

God that brought back some memories TCLC of my late father , my old mans pep talk to me growing up whenever it was owt I disliked or didn’t want to do was ‘ its character building ‘ & ‘ not everything in life comes on a plate , you have to work for it ‘ .. all good advice & ethics which have served my well to date .. worryingly I’m getting more like him every day .. I’ll be drinking hot tea in 80f next ?
It'll quench your thirst and cool you down better than a cold drink though :)

See ya

TD my son is 9 and a couple of years ago had similar notions about Bob Harris leaving (yes you heard me correctly gang!)... it’ll pass... what it does give the kids is a sense that football is a changing scenary of players, managers, kits(!), emotions good and bad and I think whilst it might be a little frustrating / disappointing in the short term it’s a good thing for your son to get his head around in my opinion.

The boy is nine, he has never been to the Lane, and only seen games on iFollow.

Call it fickle, but this is the next generation of armchair Blades, and if we’re not doing everything to keep them interested then we’re going to lose them.

You have failed him

Much in life provides disappointment but if the only reason to support a club is because they have the money to buy and retain the most expensive players, you have chosen the wrong club to support.

Just want our youth players to play more than 12 matches worth of minutes for Sheffield United. Whether he's expensive or not is someone else's decision when he's already our player.

Brooks was a slippy bar of soap, barely had hold of him before he went.

Not asking them to buy anyone, but we should at least be in with a chance of keeping our players surely, we wouldn't train them/bring them in if we didn't want to keep them for a bit.

Anyway, I'm not a Bournemouth supporter, I'm a United supporter so I'll concentrate on the players that want to be here now.

OP, have a look at Slater. Show the lad that tackle on our YouTube. Another prospect close to his age to look up to.

You have failed him

That's a foolish comment. Standing as judge and jury about someone else's life, especially the role of parent, should generally be avoided, yet you seem to have no problem commenting on how other people should conduct their lives and that of their kids. Give it a rest mate, it serves no purpose as you clearly haven't given this enough thought.

Being brought up a Blade is character building and serves to teach kiddies they don't get everything in life they want or think they deserve. Always taught my kids if life gives you lemons make lemonade. UTB
Without going into too much detail I've spent my whole life dealing with adversity, from my mother dying before my 2nd birthday and being a council house kid that got sent to a grammar school and much more besides.

Maybe that's why I'm so good at coping with negative events, to the extent that many people think I have no emotions at all.

That of course is absolutely not true, it's just my coping mechanism.

Positive events have a deep impact on my emotions as the converse to the above is that I sometimes struggle to deal with happy events, to the extent that I bought my wife an £75 bracelet that she liked last week and I was near to tears of happiness.

In monetary terms that was nothing to me, but in emotional it was overwhelming.

I love your positive approach and I wish that my emotions were more well balanced, and that more people could accept the sale of a footballer for what it is, a nothing event in the overall scheme of things.

There are far greater challenges facing all of us in the greater scheme of life.

UTB

Was said in jest, mate. Which included dicking around with your quote. Apologies if it caused you any offence.
I guess it was a reaction to the cumulative effects of the posts on this thread. Somehow it’s being suggested that I’m spitting my dummy because a player has left.

I’d love for my son to become a Blade, but it’s not being made easy by the club. When I told him, his reaction was “meh” - when I asked him if he wanted a shirt, he said “I’ve got one” (last year’s). It’s not easy to maintain an interest here, especially when there is NO other kid in his school who has heard of us. Now the club has made a mess of the summer (so far), that’s just got even harder.

Don't all we Sheffielders do that anyway?

I guess it was a reaction to the cumulative effects of the posts on this thread. Somehow it’s being suggested that I’m spitting my dummy because a player has left.

I’d love for my son to become a Blade, but it’s not being made easy by the club. When I told him, his reaction was “meh” - when I asked him if he wanted a shirt, he said “I’ve got one” (last year’s). It’s not easy to maintain an interest here, especially when there is NO other kid in his school who has heard of us. Now the club has made a mess of the summer (so far), that’s just got even harder.
Well if you yourself don't go round the house wailing "Woe, woe and thrice times woe!" it probably won't have that much effect on the kid.
The interest has to come from YOU.
He may still not develop a strong feeling for the Blades due to distance and lack of interest by his peers but his door to a lifetime of Bladey enjoyment (???) can only be through you.

Well if you yourself don't go round the house wailing "Woe, woe and thrice times woe!" it probably won't have that much effect on the kid.
The interest has to come from YOU.
He may still not develop a strong feeling for the Blades due to distance and lack of interest by his peers but his door to a lifetime of Bladey enjoyment (???) can only be through you.
You can lead the horse to water, but you can’t force the stream to keep flowing.

Back
Top Bottom