It’s a praise to the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Big well done and thank you to The Blades for saving me a lot of money his summer. With Brooks leaving and the home strip debacle, I’m going to be saving a fortune not paying for iFollow or a shirt for my lad, as he has now lost interest.

vlt.gif

I do feel sorry for the kiddiewinks to be honest. Brooks was a favourite, being the closest in age and body type to them.

It won't be the last time United sell a beloved player though, it's like a pet dying, it's sad but it's the way of life, eventually they'll be bugging you for another kitten.

Fickle fan in outrage shocker.
The boy is nine, he has never been to the Lane, and only seen games on iFollow. Brooks (and his no 36 shirt) was the only player he recognised and he was looking forward to seeing him more this next season. Now I told him that he left, he’s not bothered any more.

Call it fickle, but this is the next generation of Blades, and if we’re not doing everything to keep them interested then we’re going to lose them.

The boy is nine, he has never been to the Lane, and only seen games on iFollow. Brooks (and his no 36 shirt) was the only player he recognised and he was looking forward to seeing him more this next season. Now I told him that he left, he’s not bothered any more.

Call it fickle, but this is the next generation of Blades, and if we’re not doing everything to keep them interested then we’re going to lose them.
So because your lad loses interest you're not going to bother either ?

It ain't just the Club that's losing out, it's this site too . TDjr will NEVER post on here now :(

He may be on Sky more now that he is a Premier league star, so he just might see more of him,I am sure he will come round when the new stars arrive and we are top of the league again, arm round him time and tell him how many years you have had to suffer, I did and my lads 36 , it's just how it is.

So because your lad loses interest you're not going to bother either ?

And this is the nub Tarqs. It's up to you to maintain his interest surely?

Christ, guessing by your age you've seen much bigger heartbreak as a Blade. This barely registers for me compared to Walker and Naughton and Deane and Jan Aage.

Shrugging my shoulders and looking forward to the new season.

If Fleck or J O'C goes mind...

I hate to think how some people react to bad times , i remember losing 3v0 away at Altrincham , and thinking its ok we wiill win saturday , we drew away at Bournemouth , how times have changed , oh well i am off to buy a new Man City shirt ,its easy this football supporter lark .

Or it could get to a point where after hearing that United aren't a selling club anymore from the powers that be, Then the Biggest Asset for years comes and goes in the blink of an eye. Does start to get on your tits a bit.
And no I'll still keep going, renewed my Season ticket again within the first couple of days as I have done year after year. I can remember Jones, Currie, Deane, Fjortoft Walker, Naughton, Now Brookes.
Just hope a large chunk is given to CW to reinvest into the Squad/ Team.

We sold Deane when I was 10. He was my hero at the time and I was absolutely gutted for weeks.

I’m still with us. Let the news settle for a bit perhaps?

So selling a player and disliking a shirt is enough for you to act like a babby?

I think over 60 years of being a Blade i could come up with summat a lot worse to have a fanny fit about.
Now let me have a little think here.............Fjortoft and Deane sold on the same day...Losing a semi at Wembleeee to Them....Losing Spackman ...and it goes on and on.
Silly man.

200w.gif

My nephew and his mates are big Billy Sharp fans. They rate him much higher than Brooks, probably because Sharp runs training camps and gives some of his time up for our young fans.

I'd say losing Sharp would have a bigger impact on our young fan base.

Brooks played for us for half a season and fucked off as soon as some cash was put on the table. Hardly a great Blades role model to our young fans.

Players will always be sold the annoying thing about the way united do things is that these young starlets are not here for long and we dont get the full benefit of their talent. The best examples being Walker and now Brooks. We were lucky enough to see Maguire stick around for a while but let him go for £2m, laughable if yoh have seen the last few England games. No matter who we sell we never seem to get it right at the lane sadly.

In regards to your son I sort of see that, for christs sake I was 19 when we sold TC & I was upset for a long long time, still am whenever I think back to it, but see, the thing is I support Sheffield United the club, the team the players in that order & I am pretty sure the majority of football fans are the same. Players come & go but the club moves on, sometimes a special player comes in & you feel good again; sometimes a player you can't stand comes in, but it doesn't/shouldn't stop you supporting your club, your team.

Seen it many many times before players heads turned by Premier clubs and new agents and they dont make it. Good luck Brooksy hope it works out but we have got good money and are a long way from losing our besy player UTB

Big well done and thank you to The Blades for saving me a lot of money his summer. With Brooks leaving and the home strip debacle, I’m going to be saving a fortune not paying for iFollow or a shirt for my lad, as he has now lost interest.
Oh, what a shame.

Why don’t you point out some of the other great players we have to your son? It’s very disappointing about Brooks but we’ve had worse moments and will probably have some more! There’s still lots to be interested in. (Although the kit is crap I will agree)

The premiership money will mean that any young talent in the championship is vulnerable to the vultures that circle every pre season.The only upside is that it gives us a better chance of keeping the more important players we have and maybe enable us to strengthen the squad overall.I hope that all our supporters that are furious about the sale of Brooks will be equally appalled when we do the same if we ever get promoted to the premiership,i think not !!

Or it could get to a point where after hearing that United aren't a selling club anymore from the powers that be, Then the Biggest Asset for years comes and goes in the blink of an eye. Does start to get on your tits a bit.
And no I'll still keep going, renewed my Season ticket again within the first couple of days as I have done year after year. I can remember Jones, Currie, Deane, Fjortoft Walker, Naughton, Now Brookes.
Just hope a large chunk is given to CW to reinvest into the Squad/ Team.
you forgot harry

The boy needs to understand that as he's only a Little Sheffield United fan, he doesn't deserve to watch special players.

It will be a healthy life lesson.
If he can't appreciate Fleck (above all) O'Connell, Sharp and Coutts then he might be a bit too young to watch anything but PL highlights for now :)

Back
Top Bottom