Iliman Ndiaye a thing of beauty .

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All of the people saying the best since TC, i think they are so far off it, on a skill level illiman is miles ahead with his close control being on maradona levels but what TC had was a different skill set, he had power , could pass a ball better than anyone , a great shot and strength, although good at dribbling not outstanding like illiman.
Give me a choice of one or the other id go TC has his overall game is better but on a skill level illiman is as close to perfection ive seen, will always be glad to have seen him play for us , i think he will be at a top european club and will be winning everything

wow, simmer down rudy. putting n’diaye in the same breath as el diego? i think not. maradona singlehandedly won a world cup. we all love n’diaye, but have you ever heard of just enjoying and not heaping unrealistic and unreasonable pressure in the boy.

Any football fan and I include pigs on this, who don’t recognise or appreciate his ability need their bumps feeling

For me he’s too young to be making the big comparisons. But in a couple of years he’s going to be a mega bucks player, probably with an elite club and enjoying Champs League footy

Personally, when it comes to what football is all about, which for me is entertainment, he has the ability to get supporters out of their seat and I love watching him play

but then he went to Forest. 🤔

Iliman for me is better than MGW.

Forest will be a stepping stone for MGW. I think his progress will outgrow theirs and he will move on.

Likewise Ndiaye. I think he will have a move between us and the top.
Possibly to somewhere like Brighton, Palace, Villa etc..

I'm on the fence as to which one is better and which one will have the better career.

I will never forget Illimans full debut against Peterborough last season. He and MGW were just sensational and it was the most exciting debut appearance I have ever seen. It was pretty obvious he was very special but he just gets better and better. Love the guy to bits.

Imagine if we had gone up and kept MGW too. Both flair players who work very hard too. Absolute privilege watching them play.

All of the people saying the best since TC, i think they are so far off it, on a skill level illiman is miles ahead with his close control being on maradona levels but what TC had was a different skill set, he had power , could pass a ball better than anyone , a great shot and strength, although good at dribbling not outstanding like illiman.
Give me a choice of one or the other id go TC has his overall game is better but on a skill level illiman is as close to perfection ive seen, will always be glad to have seen him play for us , i think he will be at a top european club and will be winning everything
RE- 'TC has his overall game is better' TC never had Illiman's work rate and application

Of course it's an understandable reaction to watching a player of such tender years excel against seasoned professionals, but I won't get drawn into who was better, Ndiaye or Currie. This type of discussion will exist all the while great players grace the green turf.

What I do believe is that watching skillful players, and I mean those who raise you from your seat as you watch an artist at work, do the unconventional and/or amazing with a football while those around him are asked to anticipate what will happen in a matter of seconds, is what makes parting with your hard earned makes up for those many years where we had to accept the formulaic and unadventurous.

We all know that our club walks a tightrope where hanging onto exciting players is almost certain to fail, but in Ndiaye we've been fortunate to watch a rapidly developing player excite us on a regular basis. What skill, what imagination this young guy has, and whatever a Blade is asked to pay at the turnstiles, isn't it worth every penny to see such artistry at work?

I loved TC, he should have played for his country more often. He was possessed of sublime talent and will remain a great player, especially if you were fortunate enough to have seen him play in our colours.

How long we have Ndiaye at our club is one of life's great unknowns, but we've all seen enough to know just how special he is. What pleasure the boy is to watch, what excitement he can conjure out of nothing, so enjoy him for what he is, a truly special talent who graced our stadium.

I'm not sure there are many of those teams around. Brentford? Liverpool? Man City even?
Grealish struggles for a start at Man City.

I’m agreed though on the type of club he needs. Unless he acts a twat (Ramsdale/Lundstram) when he leaves, I’m sure he’ll have everyone’s best wishes.

Of course it's an understandable reaction to watching a player of such tender years excel against seasoned professionals, but I won't get drawn into who was better, Ndiaye or Currie. This type of discussion will exist all the while great players grace the green turf.

What I do believe is that watching skillful players, and I mean those who raise you from your seat as you watch an artist at work, do the unconventional and/or amazing with a football while those around him are asked to anticipate what will happen in a matter of seconds, is what makes parting with your hard earned makes up for those many years where we had to accept the formulaic and unadventurous.

We all know that our club walks a tightrope where hanging onto exciting players is almost certain to fail, but in Ndiaye we've been fortunate to watch a rapidly developing player excite us on a regular basis. What skill, what imagination this young guy has, and whatever a Blade is asked to pay at the turnstiles, isn't it worth every penny to see such artistry at work?

I loved TC, he should have played for his country more often. He was possessed of sublime talent and will remain a great player, especially if you were fortunate enough to have seen him play in our colours.

How long we have Ndiaye at our club is one of life's great unknowns, but we've all seen enough to know just how special he is. What pleasure the boy is to watch, what excitement he can conjure out of nothing, so enjoy him for what he is, a truly special talent who graced our stadium.
Great stuff itsinyerblood
Agree with all
Two words why the mighty TC didn’t get a hatful of caps - Don Revie
then on top of that the snobbishness of the yes men appointed by theFA
who always preferred picking players from the ‘old boys‘ clubs regardless of talent and endeavour
from the likes of our players
The last bit is still there now of course

If we go up I can’t wait to watch him terrorise defences, he’ll get more time on the ball and that will so suit his game

Great stuff itsinyerblood
Agree with all
Two words why the mighty TC didn’t get a hatful of caps - Don Revie
then on top of that the snobbishness of the yes men appointed by theFA
who always preferred picking players from the ‘old boys‘ clubs regardless of talent and endeavour
from the likes of our players
The last bit is still there now of course
Thanks and yes, I'm aware of the reasons why TC had restricted appearances for the Blades. It might seem cynical to say, but given all the while our national team is selected by committee, and probably a percentage of whom follow football in far less ways than those who support their team. So we're onto a hiding to nothing in hoping that exceptional talent will get a fair shake, or is that me being underwhelmed by a history of watching great talent wither on the vine? We've seen what can happen when a maverick is selected, Gascoigne being the obvious and most recent choice. These players are few and far between, and I will admit that not every talented player will excel at international level, but unless we recognise that to succeed we have to get past the idea that mediocrity is the safest route to success.

I'm a Blade through and through, but I'm also a perpetual optimist, someone who hopes that out of the blue a benefactor will appear to raise everyone's spirits. Unlikely? Of course, but without dreams why else do we invest in a club (more precisely, a string of owners that often flatter to deceive) that appears destined to float between the Championship and the top domestic tier? There's no easy answer to these questions, but just once I'd burst a vessel to see an owner show fiscal awareness while pushing us beyond the steady and unimaginative expectation that appears to have become our position of choice.....only fools and horses may well be the fate for those of us who think the impossible may one day become possible.

Before ndiaye can be compared to the greats of Tony currie and from my era Brian deane we have to see him perform at the top level I.e the Premier league

I have no doubt he will but deano did it consistently for years and tc is still talked about today as our greatest ever but to be even talked about in the same category as those two is some achievement for your first full season

Hopefully we cam set the team up to get the best out of him as I feel he could be like our wilf Zaha if we handle him right

He's different gravy.

As with Morgan Gibbs-White last season, you can see they're destined for the top of the game because their workrate, drive and enthusiasm matches their skill levels (which are exceptionally high).

I saw Gabriel Jesus on yesterday's highlights for Arsenal. A player that might just drag them over the line to a PL title and has already won PLs with Man City.
Iliman Ndiaye is so similar in style.

It will be fascinating to watch their careers play out.
If they're well advised there's no reason they shouldn't both be competing in the top six for many years to come (and sooner, rather than later).

A real pleasure to have watched the two of them and such a shame we didn't get to see more of them together.
Might they be together next season if Forest go down and we go up or am I dreaming ?

He's the most naturally talented since Currie ,yes he's better than sabbela . because he can handle himself

Agree....altho I think it's important to recognise that Sabella had slightly more skill and slightly better close ball control than N'Diaye.

However Sabella was slow, physically weak in a time when hard physical contact verging on fouling was allowed and also Sabella had poor workmate,
In the rain, muddy pitches and windy conditions Sabella used to go missing in a bad way, much worse than Berge.

Overall N'Diaye is the most all round skilful player we've had since Currie but as mentioned above Currie on his day,
used to take the pi$$ out of the top defenders/ midfielder in the top flight, can N'Diaye become one of the better players at PL level?

In order (Started going in 1988)

Ndiaye
Deane
Brown for 18 months
MGW
Jags
Stevens for 6 months
Brooks for about an hour total
Tonge for about 3 months
Fjortoft

Then it's a drop off to the consistent 7/10's (Duffy, Norwood, Egan, JOC, Fleck, McCall, Murphy, Morgan etc) and the very, very good but only occasionally or once like Kabba, Littleton, Blake etc

Forest will be a stepping stone for MGW. I think his progress will outgrow theirs and he will move on.

Likewise Ndiaye. I think he will have a move between us and the top.
Possibly to somewhere like Brighton, Palace, Villa etc..

I'm on the fence as to which one is better and which one will have the better career.
I don’t know. If we go up and he stays next season, I could see him going straight onto a top club.

It's just a pleasure to watch a footballer work hard and enjoy himself and he does just that. It's an added bonus he's in a Blades shirt.

Certainly won't be for long but if he keeps this rate up he'll be somewhere big sometime soon but I'll always have a soft spot for the lad. Plucked from practically non division to literal international quality in a couple years is a great story regardless.

On the stream I was watching yesterday the commentator said he has something like 7 siblings and he used to hold the ball and they all used to try and take it off him or something. No idea if its true mind. Would explain the way he moves the ball around when he's in a tight spot mind, lost count how many times he's had 3 defenders on him and he's somehow come away with the ball.
I saw an TV interview with N’Diaye and he said he had 7 siblings….all girls!

Agree....altho I think it's important to recognise that Sabella had slightly more skill and slightly better close ball control than N'Diaye.

However Sabella was slow, physically weak in a time when hard physical contact verging on fouling was allowed and also Sabella had poor workmate,
In the rain, muddy pitches and windy conditions Sabella used to go missing in a bad way, much worse than Berge.

Overall N'Diaye is the most all round skilful player we've had since Currie but as mentioned above Currie on his day,
used to take the pi$$ out of the top defenders/ midfielder in the top flight, can N'Diaye become one of the better players at PL level?
Ndiaye is streets ahead of Sabella. He affects the game more and his work rate and resistance to being bullied is far better than Sabella.
The only thing he needs to do to become one of, if not the best, is to do it for us in the top league. I’d love to see him do that for us for a minimum of 2 seasons

Fortunately got to come back end of last season to see Ndiaye, Berge and MGW score against Fulham (was unfortunately in the toilet when Enda scored) so if I ever have grandkids I can tell em that as I'm convinced at least Ndiaye and MGW will go on to become absolute super stars in the future.

And sorry to bring everyone down, but anyone know if we're entitled to compensation if Ndiaye leaves at the end of his contract seeing as he came through our youth ranks?

There were signs towards the end of last season that if, and Twas a big if, this kid could sort his fitness and stamina issues out, that there would be a Championship standard player in there.

What has happened since then has been mesmerising. A truly exceptional talent that will go on to bigger and better things. Probably elsewhere if I am being honest.

So let’s enjoy this exceptional player for as long as we can.

Still got loads to give to the cause in the next few weeks. And whatever happens, thank you 👏👏👏.

UTB

He didn’t come through our youth ranks.
Ah bummer. Thought if he'd played for the U21s we'd be entitled to something. Oh well, we're definitely being bought out by a billionaire, so maybe we can afford to offer him a decent contract!

Grealish struggles for a start at Man City.

I’m agreed though on the type of club he needs. Unless he acts a twat (Ramsdale/Lundstram) when he leaves, I’m sure he’ll have everyone’s best wishes.

In terms of the type of club he needs, it will be interesting to see whether he goes with the one that suits his abilities or the one that’s paying the biggest signing on fee, when he leaves for free

There were signs towards the end of last season that if, and Twas a big if, this kid could sort his fitness and stamina issues out, that there would be a Championship standard player in there.

What has happened since then has been mesmerising. A truly exceptional talent that will go on to bigger and better things. Probably elsewhere if I am being honest.

So let’s enjoy this exceptional player for as long as we can.

Still got loads to give to the cause in the next few weeks. And whatever happens, thank you 👏👏👏.

UTB

In terms of numbers recorded by the club, he was one of the highest for stamina and fitness last season. Which issues are you referring to?

Reactions: SWB

Back
Top Bottom