Ignore - I can't read an article by the Star!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Booker4

Reaction score
The Star have picked up that if we get relegated next season we'll not be able to sign any players for 18 months due to the time we spent in the transfer embargo, I recall this being said at the time but then nothing till now but is this true and does it apply to loan players/free agents too? If we get relegated we'll be in a pickle if we can't sign anyone coming back, although the youth system will certainly aid us.

Star quote in question was:

Although United eventually satisfied the EFL’s demands, the amount of time they spent under the embargo meant they would have been prohibited from processing new registrations for an 18 month period had they not gone up. That punishment will not apply, however, if they are relegated next year.

The Star have picked up that if we get relegated next season we'll not be able to sign any players for 18 months due to the time we spent in the transfer embargo, I recall this being said at the time but then nothing till now but is this true and does it apply to loan players/free agents too? If we get relegated we'll be in a pickle if we can't sign anyone coming back, although the youth system will certainly aid us.

Although United eventually satisfied the EFL’s demands, the amount of time they spent under the embargo meant they would have been prohibited from processing new registrations for an 18 month period had they not gone up. That punishment will not apply, however, if they are relegated next year.

It says it will not apply if we are relegated

The Star with some early morning clickbait after events elsewhere. They really are a total shit rag.

The Star with some early morning clickbait after events elsewhere. They really are a total shit rag.
Sadly I clicked on it and then didn't read the article properly. But I do recall reading at the time that we needed to get out of the transfer embargo by a certain date and we were way past that by the time we came out of it but if the transfer embargo rule doesn't apply then that's fair enough.

Sadly I clicked on it and then didn't read the article properly. But I do recall reading at the time that we needed to get out of the transfer embargo by a certain date and we were way past that by the time we came out of it but if the transfer embargo rule doesn't apply then that's fair enough.

It's more shoulda, woulda, coulda bullshit from The Star and it further highlights the state of that newspaper. It's just odd they put this article out despite the fact they have bled this story dry regarding the embargo. They seem to have talked about it more since we settled the embargo than they did before. They were never in the know about it along with most news.

Sheffield United promoted again to the Premiership, meanwhile at "The (not a) Star" what dirt can we print?

The Star always kills my computer. Never mind spending billions on cyber war counter measures,just send N Korea,China and Russia a link to The Star about a Westfield man complaining about people parking on his grass verges. Their whole computer network would fucking collapse in seconds under a tsunami of pop ups and adverts about "cremation prices in your area"....
They'd be begging for it to stop.

Given Uniteds transfer record 90% of the time, especially when they've got more than fourpence ha'penny to spend a transfer embargo is actually a reward

Given Uniteds transfer record 90% of the time, especially when they've got more than fourpence ha'penny to spend a transfer embargo is actually a reward
The other 10 % must be pretty decent then to get promoted twice in 5 years ,finish 9th and be consistently in the top 26 clubs in the country

The other 10 % must be pretty decent then to get promoted twice in 5 years ,finish 9th and be consistently in the top 26 clubs in the country
I think that team without Ndiaye doesn't get promoted, and he cost nowt

the 4-0 drubbing at posh has hit The Star editorial team hard
expect memories of the league cup win articles and their fa cup semi win over United in the next week

theyll really be wobbly headed when they default on the immense loans Chansiri had banked on clearing with championship money they wont be receiving

for those who missed anything an owls fan ever said they won a rumblelows cup 32 years ago,
and spent 8 seasons in the prem but never once averaged 30k gates, which with what they claim is three quarters of sheffield are owls is quite a shock

The Star always kills my computer. Never mind spending billions on cyber war counter measures,just send N Korea,China and Russia a link to The Star about a Westfield man complaining about people parking on his grass verges. Their whole computer network would fucking collapse in seconds under a tsunami of pop ups and adverts about "cremation prices in your area"....
They'd be begging for it to stop.
Wow ! Your world must be a confusing place to live !😊

Historically The Star was alright.
However it’s gradually gone downhill.
Personally I’d say avoid reading it.
If you need an alternative try Yorkshire Live which is a bit better.

the star and sheffield city council have always been wednesday any negative news about united and the star cant wait to go to print

anyone remember the "super computer" they did? Always had us down to get relegated to the meadowhall league and Wednesday win the next World Cup.

You could have just said "Sadly I clicked on it" and stopped there.

Back
Top Bottom