If not Wilder, who?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well-run clubs tend to go in for a bit of successor planning but obviously that's not us.
So, if it's not Wilder, then who?
Looks like Monty might have some potential but too early.
Robins now struggling with the loss of his best players (sounds familiar).
Rosenior seems to be doing quite well but still short of experience.
Is there anyone out there who might fit the bill?
Warnock to the end of season to get us 13 points then hopefully a new owner can come in and assess the situation to get a new manager in best places to lead us in the championship

When we start losing to Burnley, Luton, Bournemouth and even Wolves…That’s the time to get rid.
That’s the ‘even Wolves’ who drew 2-2 with Newcastle yesterday and were apparently unlucky not to win. Next week, and 3 of the next 4 games, are huge for us but let’s not kid ourselves that Wolves are going to be pushovers.

Picking who the manager will be next summer is the most important thing for me. With all the contracts being up it’s a chance for a massive cultural reset and to start a new project. We need the right guy with good long-term ideas at that point, not someone who was brought in as a stop gap based on his ability to give the players a rocket.

In recent years a lot of the best championship managers who go on to make a mark in the PL are guys who were assistants or coaches at top uk and European clubs. We’ve seen this season how it’s almost a different sport the way top teams are coached, prepared physically and the tactics. We need someone who has seen first hand cutting edge coaching and the levels required. I want the club to be asking around those types, coaches, u21s managers, and finding out who the next big thing is, then try and sell them the project in the summer of starting in the championship with a blank slate and some parachute money.

It doesn’t always work (Weir), but the club should be doing their research to work out who has what it takes. I’d pull all the scouts off looking at players this year and just scout managers until the summer

Well-run clubs tend to go in for a bit of successor planning but obviously that's not us.
So, if it's not Wilder, then who?
Looks like Monty might have some potential but too early.
Robins now struggling with the loss of his best players (sounds familiar).
Rosenior seems to be doing quite well but still short of experience.
Is there anyone out there who might fit the bill?
Its not about the manager, Pep couldnt get a song out of a three string guitar.
This is down to a pauper owner who cant fund the club. A squad supposed to be 25 but in reality 10 of those are progression or under 23 or too past it like Fleck.

This in turn puts pressure on the small core group who overtrain and get injured and manager has nowhere to go with tactics as every week its slim pickings.

New owner and another £60m to buy 3 or 4 quality players. Then at least have a chance.

Who can we hire for a massive contract plus the option of a big fuck-off bonus that he will spend on pints of wine?
Who’s currently swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck and is similarly relevant to modern football management?
Who’s an ex-manager that's out of work and would even sink low enough to manage the German team from Escape To Victory if the money was offered?
Sounds like Wilder, apart from the pints would be some shit like Peroni.

Its not about the manager, Pep couldnt get a song out of a three string guitar.
This is down to a pauper owner who cant fund the club. A squad supposed to be 25 but in reality 10 of those are progression or under 23 or too past it like Fleck.

This in turn puts pressure on the small core group who overtrain and get injured and manager has nowhere to go with tactics as every week its slim pickings.

New owner and another £60m to buy 3 or 4 quality players. Then at least have a chance.
couldnt agree more the players are not premier league class and the manager isnt premier league class but the culprit for this shambles is abdullah dont know what planet hes living on if he thinks a net spend of 26m comes anywhere close to giving us a chance of survival the white flag was raised before a ball had been kicked

Picking who the manager will be next summer is the most important thing for me. With all the contracts being up it’s a chance for a massive cultural reset and to start a new project. We need the right guy with good long-term ideas at that point, not someone who was brought in as a stop gap based on his ability to give the players a rocket.

In recent years a lot of the best championship managers who go on to make a mark in the PL are guys who were assistants or coaches at top uk and European clubs. We’ve seen this season how it’s almost a different sport the way top teams are coached, prepared physically and the tactics. We need someone who has seen first hand cutting edge coaching and the levels required. I want the club to be asking around those types, coaches, u21s managers, and finding out who the next big thing is, then try and sell them the project in the summer of starting in the championship with a blank slate and some parachute money.

It doesn’t always work (Weir), but the club should be doing their research to work out who has what it takes. I’d pull all the scouts off looking at players this year and just scout managers until the summer
There's only one person I can think of that has the relevant qualities and qualifications and they are already well know to us........

Arise our new manager ... Stegosaurus .......

I'd break the bank for Laurent Guyot. Currently plying his trade in France. Apparently the next big thing.

the culprit for this shambles is abdullah dont know what planet hes living on if he thinks a net spend of 26m comes anywhere close to giving us a chance of survival
Yes, how dare he not have a magic money tree.

He needs to sell, but he’s hardly to blame for not having enough money to sustain a club in the PL.

He needs to sell, but he’s hardly to blame for not having enough money to sustain a club in the PL.
Many of the performances are not down to money though.
Lack of heart at times, definite lack of bravery with the ball, lack of organisation, too many mistakes that would make park players blush.
There's also a general lack of fizz, determination, confidence which ultimately has to be down to the manager. There's a sense of defeatism running through the club.

Utter crap. He’s a chancer who fed the BS. Mcabe fed the BS. Both exactly the same breed. He should just sell up for 70 million and admit he just hasn’t got any funds to run a successful football team.

Disagree.....if we lose to these teams but play really well, with open attacking entertaining football, showing desire and effort, then Hecky stays.

However if we start in damage limitation mode with all our players back in defence, so it becomes like an attack v defence training exercise.
We park the bus defending really well, then have a rare venture into the opposition half. Jack Robinson has a thrown-in launching it into their box causing confusion, there's a bit of a goal mouth scramble but we bundle it into the net winning 1-0, then for me Hecky would still need sacking.

If we want a proficient manager for the future then it's not about winning...it's the way you win.
Also it shouldn't be about losing...but the way you lose. Always say "performances are an indicator towards future results".
Interesting idea. So if we play with entertaining, attacking football but lose EVERY WEEK you would keep Hecky?

Reactions: PBM
Utter crap. He’s a chancer who fed the BS. Mcabe fed the BS. Both exactly the same breed. He should just sell up for 70 million and admit he just hasn’t got any funds to run a successful football team.
When you, of all posters, refer to something as “utter crap” it usually means that whatever it was is spot on.

He has admitted he hasn’t got the funds to sustain a club in the PL. I have said that he needs to sell. You have, as usual, responded in a way that is utter crap.

Am i stupid to say Neil Warnock, albeit at championship he succeeded at impossible jobs. quite a few times, Rotherham & Huddersfield last season come to mind

Back
Top Bottom