I hate forest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seen we got forest start of season .
Love our lot to go there give em hell.
I'm a Derby blade and I will be there full throttle. Hate the scabby Muppets.
But when they visit the lane and big boys think they enter the pitch and attack Billy Sharpe id like them to know that blades are gonna looking for you.
After Wednesday it used to be leeds but I detest/hate forest .
Me too.

It’s gonna be interesting when13K drunken scabs and seatsmashers descend on Sheffield for the boxing…Me thinks this could be an absolute war zone.

What is that truly awful kit by the way!? Fans of Adidas from our time should take note at that, is that their latest attempt at "stripes"? I know Forest are not a side that plays in stripes but that away shirt has stripes and irrespective is an absolutely awful kit!

As for Forest, I've got a good mate who's a Forest fan, but that's not really a barometer for Forest fans as a whole is it?! I lived in Nottingham as a student but you're mainly with other students so my experience of Nottingham folk was limited but if the people I met I liked County fans over Forest. There's a clear distain from Forest fans to Yorkshire, I didn't experience that personally in Nottingham as a whole but again limited experience of Notts folk. I remember when I graduated (with Desmond 2:2) I thought I'm bot gonna stay in Nottingham, just never did it for me as a city. Great to be a student there but not a patch on Sheffield and would rather live anywhere in Yorkshire including Leeds over Nottingham.

Back to football and I'd be interested from fans who are older than me whether there was a rivalry with United and Forest in the early 90's when we played them for the first time in a while? I'm too young to remember but did start following United in 1989. It seems the rivalry has got more heated as the years have gone on if anything!? I think from their perspective they've never liked us after we beat them under Warnock in 2023, and from our perspective the manner of the defeat last time out with fans etc, as well as the Yorkshire miners side (not that there's many Blades who are ex miners I wouldn't imagine!). I just don't like them as a football club and that's despite Clough as a manager (a proud Yorkshireman as he often stated). I much prefer Derby over Forest, just never felt that there's much reason to dislike Derby County.

I don't mind DCFC. I genuinely dislike NFFC. The fans of the trees seem to be arrogant cocks. Almost Wednesdayesque in my mind. Derby seem more like United out of the two.

Not coming from Sheffield, I don’t really know many pigs. But I have always wondered do Wendy’s have the same sort vitriol for the Scab and Seatsmashers as we seem to? When I get on the train at Alfreton in my Blade shirt on my way to the game, the abuse I sometimes get from the opposite platform (Nottingham bound) can be quite intense when Florist are also at home. This does leave me in no doubt that the bad feelings between the clubs is fully reciprocated from their end too.

Not coming from Sheffield, I don’t really know many pigs. But I have always wondered do Wendy’s have the same sort vitriol for the Scab and Seatsmashers as we seem to? When I get on the train at Alfreton in my Blade shirt on my way to the game, the abuse I sometimes get from the opposite platform (Nottingham bound) can be quite intense when Florist are also at home. This does leave me in no doubt that the bad feelings between the clubs is fully reciprocated from their end too.
When we played then in the 90s we weren't really on their radar, they had had years of success when we were in the lower leagues. I think we got some respect for ou response to Clough's final home game. The play off classic in 2003 caused some animosity and also the FA Cup 5th round game in 2014, when I think they thought they would have an easy game against us.

It does seem to be both ways with us and Forest, the best rivalries always are in fairness! If I was back living in Nottingham I would be very tempted to wear mine in now, just for the reaction!

A for Wednesday fans I'm fairly sure they do not have the same rivalry we do with Forest, they seem to hate Leeds almost as much as us and I would say United fans ,even in the 90's when we were playing Leeds a lot more, don't dislike Leeds as much as Wednesday do.

Its quite ironic that one of the most famous picture's captured of their most successful and beloved manager's of all time, its of him giving the thumbs up to Blades fans. 'Banter' at its fuckin finest. Love it 🤣

When we played then in the 90s we weren't really on their radar, they had had years of success when we were in the lower leagues. I think we got some respect for ou response to Clough's final home game. The play off classic in 2003 caused some animosity and also the FA Cup 5th round game in 2014, when I think they thought they would have an easy game against us.
If from Forest's perspective it's merely because they lost to us in 2003 then that's a rather silly reason, maybe as good as any for some granted. I don't have a problem with Wolves for example after they destroyed our promotion party in 2003, I don't think any United fan would on that basis either. Same for other losses on a similar scale. But Forest, they're just easy to dislike for many reasons, the main one how they celebrated v us in the play offs, the lack of control of their own fans, but it's beyond that as I do accept in the moment football fans as a whole will lose their heads in matches like that. I think for me personally it's their dislike for Yorkshire as a whole, that does annoy me if I'm honest. That must be because of the miners strike as well as location of Yorkshire to Notts of course.

Yes.

Inbred hatred of ALL things Leeds is compulsory in Sheffield.

As for Forest, there were probably as many miners watching Wednesday in the 20s and the 80s, as there were at the Lane. No-one likes a scab (apart from Thatcher*).

* Love of miners and the UDM was all well and good to destroy the NUM. Once you built enough import terminals to import cheap South African and Chilean coal, the UDM-Spencerite-Scabs can go fuck themselves. Free market, innit?

Yes.

Inbred hatred of ALL things Leeds is compulsory in Sheffield.

As for Forest, there were probably as many miners watching Wednesday in the 20s and the 80s, as there were at the Lane. No-one likes a scab (apart from Thatcher*).

* Love of miners and the UDM was all well and good to destroy the NUM. Once you built enough import terminals to import cheap South African and Chilean coal, the UDM-Spencerite-Scabs can go fuck themselves. Free market, innit?
A fine post there. Re Leeds, I'm not a fan of Leeds anymore than any other Sheffielder, but I have to say I don't mind Leeds in terms of they're proud to be from Yorkshire, the people I've met from Leeds have been sound actually. There's always a rivalry between Leeds and Sheffield, mainly from our side I think, but as I say, at least they're northerners, and proud Yorkies. Nottingham on the other hand seems to look down on Yorkshire, that's my perception anyway. Maybe wrong, but I definitely think there's that sentiment.

It's multifaceted. The scab thing is like the blood on Lady Macbeth's hands: "all the perfumes of Arabia" can't rid them of it. "What's done cannot be undone". It's associated with the pit closures; the deindustrialisation of Britain and the state of the country now. Class betrayal - selling out their own. Brian Clough thought the same, which must sting some. When they sing "sign on" it betrays everything a club like them should stand for, and many generations of none Scab Notts miners. It's the equivalent of Liverpool's Munich chants and Man Utd's Hillsborough chants in my mind. Irredeemable. The claim that it was years ago is totally irrelevant: if you grew up in a mining community the scars are very much still there (ironically most of them do). If you are working class it's still there. If you're from a mining family it has been infecting the generations of that family and their life chances. I'm all of that, so in my mind the "scab" chant is the least they deserve. My grandfather was involved in WW2 and was seriously injured in a mining accident at Brookhouse colliery; he wanted Thatcher and the scabs to burn in hell.

They were always arrogant bastards. Every time they've lost to us they've cried like babies. Anyone remember "2-0 to the famous team" when they lost in the play offs? Or their attitude when we beat them in the cup when we were on our uppers? Totally nauseating. They're a club followed largely by atavistic simpletons with no understanding of the past or the present. They now have a seriously dodgy owner who they worship. "Owt for a pound note" as they say.

The carry on after the play off game was a total joke. Not only was it a pitch invasion - the vast MAJORITY of the pitch invaders charged the away end. Coins, smoke bombs etc. It wasn't a celebration, it was an attempt at a mass violent altercation. I had kids with me and they were genuinely scared. If it wasn't for the restraint of Blades supporters and a close run intervention from the coppers, you'd have been looking at one of the worst clashes in a ground I can ever remember. It was totally classless. Conversely, Sharp was all class after the coward attacked him from behind. Rather than total condemnation and credit for our restraint, the fucking morons tried to pin a violent attack on a kid in a moon boot and another with a serious hamstring injury, -players who were more than justified in being on the pitch to clap off their fans after the last game of our season (as tradition dictates). Again, what did Cloughie do to their morons on the pitch back in the day? They were a fucking disgrace and didn't hold their hands up. They deflected and did everything to pass the book. Even the club employees were a disgrace.
Well said!

It's typical neoliberal economic dogma that has hollowed out the country and decimated manufacturing and primary industries and turned us in to a service/finances based economy (that went well btw 🤣). Despite it totally failing the country you still have people supporting things like closing the pits and de industrialising Britain.

A quick look at Germany and China should show them the error of that logic, but they'll never admit it. That's without factoring in the lack of pre planned transition to other industries, the environmental impact of importing the same energy from around the world, the poverty pay the people there work(ed) for (that's alright then?). Not even the wider economic impact of shutting the mines is calculated by this logic:That being the huge increase in crime bills, welfare bills etc etc etc. Not to mention the human impact. A strong argument can be made that subsiding coal was a vast net profit for the UK economy and would've continued to be so. Credit to the miners that clubbed together and made a successful go of it themselves.
Can i say that is really a bit heavy in terms of Industrial Economics for this site, sorry Sir

Its quite ironic that one of the most famous picture's captured of their most successful and beloved manager's of all time, its of him giving the thumbs up to Blades fans. 'Banter' at its fuckin finest. Love it 🤣
Thats because the Blades fans at the game paid him massive respect, I know this because I was there!

What a load of bollocks this "scab" business is. Even if there were any merit in dragging it into the unrelated field of football, it's both geographically and historically inaccurate.

If there was any beef then it would be not with Forest but with Chesterfield's arch-rival Mansfield Town, not a city associated with bikes, cigs and lace.

And as for "de-industrlalisation" that had already begun in the 70s under Labour governments, not that they could have done anything about it even if they wanted to. And, of course, there's the inescapable fact that more pits were closed under Wilson than Thatcher. But I don't remember any great battles being fought on behalf of textile, steel mill workers or those hari-kari idiots who built cars occasionally ("The British Leyland Concerto, in four movements, all of them slow, with a four hour tea break inbetween). But, of course, it's all about the miners, an industry that, if it was in existence in today's political climate would be cancelled by the same people who lionise self-serving twats like Scargill.

The weren't even "scabs" because there was no national ballot.

But even then, what the fecking feck that has to do with supporters of a football team, most of whom could have supported the strikes for all I know, I have no idea.

On the other hand I support Sheffield United, always have, but didn't support the NUM. Does that mean I'm no longer welcome?

What a load of bollocks this "scab" business is. Even if there were any merit in dragging it into the unrelated field of football, it's both geographically and historically inaccurate.

If there was any beef then it would be not with Forest but with Chesterfield's arch-rival Mansfield Town, not a city associated with bikes, cigs and lace.

And as for "de-industrlalisation" that had already begun in the 70s under Labour governments, not that they could have done anything about it even if they wanted to. And, of course, there's the inescapable fact that more pits were closed under Wilson than Thatcher. But I don't remember any great battles being fought on behalf of textile, steel mill workers or those hari-kari idiots who built cars occasionally ("The British Leyland Concerto, in four movements, all of them slow, with a four hour tea break inbetween). But, of course, it's all about the miners, an industry that, if it was in existence in today's political climate would be cancelled by the same people who lionise self-serving twats like Scargill.

But even then, what the fecking feck that has to do with supporters of a football team, most of whom could have supported the strikes for all I know, I have no idea.

On the other hand I support Sheffield United, always have, but didn't support the NUM. Does that mean I'm no longer welcome?
I see your points, there's some merit to some of them, but not all. The scab thing is partly because Forest fans sing sign on, sign on. There were pits in south Notts by the way (Babbington and Brinsley) not just Mansfield/north Notts so you're factually wrong there to say it's just Mansfield.

The ballot thing; well that appears to be their argument, but many other places just went with the strike including south Wales and Kent. There were people who went to work still in other areas, I won't call them scabs because I think as I wasn't involved it's very easy for me to call them scabs, but Notts was the hub of the anti NUM movement and wasn't it partly because the UDM were promised that their mines would be safeguarded? That ended up well of course. The way the miners were treated by the police and by Thatcher was a disgrace in my book, to sing sign on in my view makes Forest fans in alignment with Thatcher, otherwise why take the mickey singing it?!

What happened in the miners strike cut deep into their communities, they've never recovered. It would have likely happened over time, granted, but it was the way it was done and on the sly and with no thought for the communities affected, Thatcher didn't care about them. The UDM were complicit with that and were looking after themselves. If you want to defend them fair enough, I don't agree, but each to his own. I do agree re football it's tedious to the extent that most singing scab were not involved, but football fans sing all sorts don't like, but it won't change my views on the UDM.

I do agree re football it's tedious to the extent that most singing scab were not involved, but football fans sing all sorts don't like, but it won't change my views on the UDM.

The rights and wrongs regardless, introducing a political elements poisons football in general and this forum in particular.

We are a disparate band of followers, most of us would not get along personally with the rest, we all have different interests, outlooks and views, we're different ages and genders. We all have very different life experiences.

There is only one thing which we all have in common.

Splinter that and what do you have left?

The rights and wrongs regardless, introducing a political elements poisons football in general and this forum in particular.

We are a disparate band of followers, most of us would not get along personally with the rest, we all have different interests, outlooks and views, we're different ages and genders. We all have very different life experiences.

There is only one thing which we all have in common.

Splinter that and what do you have left?
I do agree there GC, I am guilty of talking politics on occasions on here, I'm not alone but just because someone has different views to me is fine, we're all Sheff U fans and as long as we keep views respectful then that helps. But you're right on the forum.

Did the steel works go under a Labour government? Just asking for a friend!
Tell your friend I’m not really sure but the one I used to work in is still very much open. Although I did work a three day week under the tories and I have also been made redundant under a Tory government never under a Labour one though.

Sorry mate, but read a bit of history.

Look up Spencerism in the 1926 General Strike.

Look how quickly the Notts miners broke away from the NUM in 84. I went to school on a pit village near the Notts border (Dinno). The North Notts miners from Worksop mainly came out but the pits round Nottingham and Mansfield couldn't wait to get back to work for Maggie.

The miners strike was deliberarely caused by Thatcher, hence the bulletin of thousands of Southern coppers as a paramilitary force. We were stopped walking from our village to neighbouring pubs. You haven't got a clue.

I wouldn't have minded Dennis, there's no way they'd have sold/loaned him to us though.

Not many people going to the games give a second thought to the miners strike these days. But if the derogatory term “Scab” manages to get the rise out that certain set of arrogant football supporters…Long may it continue. 👍

Sorry mate, but read a bit of history.

Look up Spencerism in the 1926 General Strike.

Look how quickly the Notts miners broke away from the NUM in 84. I went to school on a pit village near the Notts border (Dinno). The North Notts miners from Worksop mainly came out but the pits round Nottingham and Mansfield couldn't wait to get back to work for Maggie.

The miners strike was deliberarely caused by Thatcher, hence the bulletin of thousands of Southern coppers as a paramilitary force. We were stopped walking from our village to neighbouring pubs. You haven't got a clue.
Once a scab always a scab, there's still people I and many other ex miners won't talk to that were scabs

That rat faced little fanny will have gone home buzzin after getting a fellow pro sent off
He fucking lives for it
Guess thats what being raised in a scab area of the world does to you

Back
Top Bottom