Hugging random fellow fans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you let two random male Blades French kiss your ears for 90 minutes if it meant guaranteed champions league football within 3 years?

I'd crawl bollock naked over broken glass just to rim a fellow blade for 90 minutes just to play in Europe once!

Pigs semi final I was 18 and hugged the bloke next to me one and only time when we equalised. Never since for a stranger.

Since then though Ive hugged my two sons plenty of times of times over the years. Trouble is now they are getting older. The eldest is at Uni with the other one to follow.

Now I'm all sad and might need to hug someone random (be scared) if we something that I daren't mention happens. (promotion)

NO! For God sake people, we are Yorkshire men. Playful punch on the shoulder to an old mate is as far as I am going.

To be fair I went barmy with the old fella sat next to me when we played Northampton...

No idea who he was... Thing was he went more nuts than I did.

What a strange post, OP after over 50 years of watching the blades I've forgotten how many fans I've had a man hug with.tumbling down the kop in the days of standing.
Why the hell not.
We are Blades for goodness sake..
Happened at the Northampton last home game and brilliant for it. Thanks fella! :) Like the good old days .
Those post seconds/minutes of post orgasmic blades goals delight have brought me more joy than the countless women I've enjoyed. :)

I know what's more memorable .
Any women reading , fucking up your game :)

20th April 1970,along with hundreds of blades in the pouring rain on Leppings Lane we were dancing and hugging Man City fans.I was 19 years old and went on my own,all my mates wouldn't go as they thought Wednesday would win and stay up,but i couldn't miss the chance of seeing them get relegated.They scored first,a Coleman 'Worldy',i was denched on the uncovered Leppings Lane terrace and thought "what the hell am i doing here",City got a penalty and Doyle missed it !! Then Ian Bowyer came on,scored 2 and sent the pigs down,what a great night.

When Unsworth smashed in the winner against Hull in 2006 and some bloke in the row behind fell over the seat to my left while celebrating. I stopped to ask him if he was OK and he responded by jumping up to his feet and hugging me. Just one of those moments of pure euphoria.

Unfortunately its also one of those moments you can't mention on a message board without homo-erotic undertones.

Happened loads of times (maybe it's me?). Most recently on Boxing Day. Got pushed down the aisle by a surge, geezer in front just turned around and we went bonkers together.

May 1997 second leg play offs v Ipswich, at Ipswich. We'd drawn at home and went 2-1 down quite late on. Then Walker scored and everyone kissed/hugged everyone in a ten yard radius. Wonderful night.

That night was one of the bestest Bladest memories.. The sun setting to the left of where we sat, the spitting Argie, the early Katchuro goal, the injuries, the Walker goal, the thought of going to Wembley, the decent bet on a Blades win and that total overwhelming feeling of internal warmth that I've only ever had when on morphine..

As for hugs, behind me was a beautiful Blades MILF and her daughter (DILF?), tasteful, elegant, well dressed and I have no idea what she was doing there. I've never seen her again and trust me I've searched. Perhaps if I had hugged her instead of the long haired, over ripe, moustached stranger next to me, my whole life could have taken a different direction...

Sat on the front row of the Middle tier at Wembley, Hull semi final. When Scoogs scored we all stood up and the bloke next to me, much the worse for drink, grabbed me in a bear hug and nearly pitched me over the edge. It's a long drop.
Never saw him after half time.

Buddy's late winner against the unwashed has to rank as one of the best random fan hugging moments in Blades history. Peschi's OMG goal would probably equal that magic moment in time.

I hope I'm going to be hugging many random strangers before this season's over....... Hopefully not in Tescos

Throttled by a fellow blade at Pigsty in 2-1 game in 2001 - I didn't mind

May 1997 second leg play offs v Ipswich, at Ipswich. We'd drawn at home and went 2-1 down quite late on. Then Walker scored and everyone kissed/hugged everyone in a ten yard radius. Wonderful night.

Hang on. There were not that many of us and we were split up at either end of the stand. I was at the far end from Walker's goal.

Could we have....

20th April 1970,along with hundreds of blades in the pouring rain on Leppings Lane we were dancing and hugging Man City fans.I was 19 years old and went on my own,all my mates wouldn't go as they thought Wednesday would win and stay up,but i couldn't miss the chance of seeing them get relegated.They scored first,a Coleman 'Worldy',i was denched on the uncovered Leppings Lane terrace and thought "what the hell am i doing here",City got a penalty and Doyle missed it !! Then Ian Bowyer came on,scored 2 and sent the pigs down,what a great night.

I was on the Piggy Kop. I took it. All by myself...

Mine would have to be when pesch scored against forest , went barmy and ended up hugging and bouncing around with the guy that sat opposite me !

Wouldn't the celebrations have finished by the time you walked around the stadium and found the person sitting opposite you?

Probably Flynn v Villa, there were more shirts whipped off and hugs n kisses going round there than I care to think about :)

When good old porter scored against Forest, remembering running down to front of H block, shared a few lovely moments

Hello, newish to posting but been a reader for a good while !

Random question for a Friday night

When have you gone absolutely bonkers when we've scored and hugged a complete random fellow fan (or other signs of affection !!)

Mine would have to be when pesch scored against forest , went barmy and ended up hugging and bouncing around with the guy that sat opposite me ! Never spoke before or after but at that moment it was a moment to share ! ( sorry sound like ched's defence lawyer !!!)
It might have been me because I had exactly the same experience, same game, same goal.
I also remember once when we equalised at the Dell, 3-3, in last few seconds. Had a big hug with some fat bloke there but I can confirm, on neither occasion were tongues involved.

Hang on. There were not that many of us and we were split up at either end of the stand. I was at the far end from Walker's goal.

Could we have.....
I was at the other end. Phewwww! (Wipes sweat off forehead)

Back
Top Bottom