CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Guess on my part, but my reading of it would be from seemingly like it was happening to a reconsideration/reappraisal of the situation.
Foxy would you be able to confirm if it's moved in a more likely or less likely direction?

If it’s less likely that’s seriously depressing. The least we should expect from this year of utter purgatory is some infrastructure investment.

No idea if it's happening or what but the Prince said back in December Bettis would be giving an update on plans in January...

Guess on my part, but my reading of it would be from seemingly like it was happening to a reconsideration/reappraisal of the situation.
Foxy would you be able to confirm if it's moved in a more likely or less likely direction?

Not following, what are you asking me?

Sorry, read back a bit further and filled in some blanks. You’re reading more into my comment than I meant.

I meant, yes I’d also heard things like the OP, which is a change in direction to what I’d previously heard. I put in rumour mill as whilst I’ve heard similar to the OP it would be wrong of me to add to that and/or appear to “confirm” something that hasn’t been confirmed.

If you are asking me if it’s my opinion that we’re likely to hear anything more on this subject, then I’d say yes and very good odds on it being before our next league points :)

Sorry, read back a bit further and filled in some blanks. You’re reading more into my comment than I meant.

I meant, yes I’d also heard things like the OP, which is a change in direction to what I’d previously heard. I put in rumour mill as whilst I’ve heard similar to the OP it would be wrong of me to add to that and/or appear to “confirm” something that hasn’t been confirmed.

If you are asking me if it’s my opinion that we’re likely to hear anything more on this subject, then I’d say yes and very good odds on it being before our next league points :)
So August then.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Spent many a freezing hour up there stood on the boundary edge, wearing three jumpers in a vain attempt to keep warm!

As has been said, great facilities, but the teas were amongst the work in the league, which may explain the outrageous profits the bank made!

Teas or teams?
Spent many a freezing hour up there stood on the boundary edge, wearing three jumpers in a vain attempt to keep warm!

As has been said, great facilities, but the teas were amongst the work in the league, which may explain the outrageous profits the bank made!

How can they be unhappy. They have had the naughty boys home across the road since time began with venables been one of them in there
Very true regarding J.V. They are up in arms also because of the retirement village proposed on the garden centre site , maybe because of the proximity from the new proposed HSBC training ground , some of our players can just saunter up the road to a new resting place.

Very true regarding J.V. They are up in arms also because of the retirement village proposed on the garden centre site , maybe because of the proximity from the new proposed HSBC training ground , some of our players can just saunter up the road to a new resting place.

They were petitioning last time on that house being built next to the surgery on Dore Road. Did absolutely nothing, think it’s called Dore Manor. They’re always angry up there. Poshos.

They were petitioning last time on that house being built next to the surgery on Dore Road. Did absolutely nothing, think it’s called Dore Manor. They’re always angry up there. Poshos.
If this is true! The Prince finally gets a tick in the + column after a string of negatives and that is a bigbig +

Sneks got Foxys dog…….

That's brilliant news, although probably a few years too late.

I always thought Norton aerodrome was the best solution, but this one is also an great site in the ideal location.

Does anyway know the size of it and how it compares to other clubs training grounds? Having played there a few times myself, it doesn't feel massive, but I can't say I've ever been to a modern day training ground to compare.

Good news.

Although after the last time any announcement with regards to facilities was made I will wait for spades in the ground! And even then as shown with Tingo and their nonsense that's not a done thing!

Amazing news! Honestly thought of everywhere in Sheffield and surrounding areas if there was anywhere perfect for a training ground it would be the HSBC ground, can’t believe we have got it. Overjoyed at it tbh.

Showing potential players around the training ground and they are stuck in traffic on Rutland RD heading upto Shirecliffe I bet they think doesn’t look to good around here, compare to showing them around HSBC ground in a lovely part of the city with amazingly countryside on the doorstep. A massive step forward for the future of the club 🤩

That's brilliant news, although probably a few years too late.

I always thought Norton aerodrome was the best solution, but this one is also an great site in the ideal location.

Does anyway know the size of it and how it compares to other clubs training grounds? Having played there a few times myself, it doesn't feel massive, but I can't say I've ever been to a modern day training ground to compare.
Alot bigger than Shirecliffe. Lots of land around it too for expansion. Already very flat and and easily accessible as most probably reside over that side of Sheff. A perfect location if you ask me.

Where will the gangs of Dore meet the gangs of Whirlow to decide who’s the hardest?

In all seriousness, it’s a great buy. I would’ve thought some things will still need to be built. Id be interested to know if we have our sites set on the field opposites, where the old Sheffield College pavilion is?

All hail the new ITKer
You have this which not only says we are getting a new training ground but actually names the place. Then you have Sean who says that Mitchell has gone, names him.

That’s all you want from ITKers none of that cryptic attention seeking bollocks that we are used to on here where they know jack shit but are that cryptic that any news they will say see I told you so 🙄

I agree it's a positive step but let's celebrate when it's fully up and running, eh? I wonder where we'll be then.

Back
Top Bottom