CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would Shirecliffe be worth much and could it be sold for housing?

Maybe one for the rumors thread, but a good mate says he's heard from a solid source (I know I know) that Sheff Utd have had a bid accepted for the HSBC Sports Club on Limb Lane in S17.

Anyone else heard owt?
HSBC sold us the ground on the proviso that we take a 20% apr mortgage from them for 25 years 🤣

I suggested a couple of months ago that a plot had been identified.

Many years since l played there but drainage at the bottom was a huge problem along with a slope. It may have been updated over the years.
Given this potential successful suggestion of two months back, any chance you can suggest out unlikely escape from relegation?

It should just be ready in time for May 😉

Reactions: 10p
100% its gone. Worked for Bank and the comminication went round to employees on Friday.

Real shame, Bank used to have loads of decent teams, but they've got one now and its o45s!

Unfortunately its demise was signed when offshore became a thing.

100% its gone. Worked for Bank and the comminication went round to employees on Friday.

Real shame, Bank used to have loads of decent teams, but they've got one now and its o45s!

Even if they hadn’t cut the Sheffield headcount so drastically, there’s something quaintly outdated about a bank looking after its staff’s health and well-being.

Never in a million years does such a facility get built again. The last vestige of Midland Bank….

It’s gone? But who to? You’ve just volunteered to find out. Good man( or woman)

Even if they hadn’t cut the Sheffield headcount so drastically, there’s something quaintly outdated about a bank looking after its staff’s health and well-being.

Never in a million years does such a facility get built again. The last vestige of Midland Bank….
Come on now... I'm sure the HSBC management, senior management, upper management, rarely-seen management, management consultants, directors amd board are absolutely GUTTED to have to make this minor cost saving measure in Sheffield...

HSBC used to have thousands working at Griffin House now reduced to a few hundred in their new office

I'm assuming no one is reading Foxy's update around a sudden change of direction and moving it to rumour mill?

They sent me and a bunch of other lads on community service orders up there in the 80s. I remember it was a nice sunny day and we were supposed to do gardening, but just lay around sunbathing and smoking. One lad was given a tin of white paint and told to paint the men's bogs, and he began with the porcelain urinals. Happy days.

HSBC used to have thousands working at Griffin House now reduced to a few hundred in their new office
That's not quite true. Still a big employer in the city and now taking on new graduates into Sheffield too, so definitely a presence here for the medium term. Just as someone said above, the idea of an employer caring for their staff to the extent of having a dedicated sports facility is sadly an idea of the past...

Come on now... I'm sure the HSBC management, senior management, upper management, rarely-seen management, management consultants, directors amd board are absolutely GUTTED to have to make this minor cost saving measure in Sheffield...

Ha! I was one of their last hires before they binned half the staff. Was only around for a few months, during which I learned how they’d been the banker of choice for drug cartels, helping launder billions. And the working culture was as poisonous and grasping as I’ve known. Management were a horrible bunch. I’ve got some stories…

But on the bright side I played a couple of games at Dore!

I'm assuming no one is reading Foxy's update around a sudden change of direction and moving it to rumour mill?

I did but without knowing what the original direction was, it’s very hard to infer anything from it changing. :)

Ha! I was one of their last hires before they binned half the staff. Was only around for a few months, during which I learned how they’d been the banker of choice for drug cartels, helping launder billions. And the working culture was as poisonous and grasping as I’ve known. Management were a horrible bunch. I’ve got some stories…

But on the bright side I played a couple of games at Dore!

I did but without knowing what the original direction was, it’s very hard to infer anything from it changing. :)
Guess on my part, but my reading of it would be from seemingly like it was happening to a reconsideration/reappraisal of the situation.
Foxy would you be able to confirm if it's moved in a more likely or less likely direction?

Back
Top Bottom