HRH 50% of not a lot

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I still find it amusing that Abdullah thought he would be able to make a profit from a failing League 1 club.

We could refer to him by his name - Abdullah Al Saud in the shortened version - or refer to "Al Saud" just as we refer to "McCabe".

Reckon that's far better than the slightly bowing & scraping HRH/Prince/Your Reverence type of address.

Or even Abz (like Kev).

I mean, we call Jim "Jim"; we don't call him Mester Phipps.

Bit stereotypical "that barbaric lot" not sure what the prince has personally done to deserve abuse.
He's part of the Saudi government. Their idea of human rights differ somewhat from mine.
This is a football forum and not a political one so I'm not going to bang on about this but I fully understand why people do not want our club to be connected with the Saudi government.

He's part of the Saudi government. Their idea of human rights differ somewhat from mine.
This is a football forum and not a political one so I'm not going to bang on about this but I fully understand why people do not want our club to be connected with the Saudi government.

So what ?

There are cultures of people in Britain who still treat women as 2nd class citizens and as pieces of meat but no one makes a song and dance about that?

Not my words, read full article from link below

Which brings us to the figure of 50% – the shared co-ownership of Sheffield United. Vitally, this is not of the institution as a whole but just the football club – which means that Prince Abdullah seemingly owns 50% of not a lot right now.

As the major team funder since he joined the McCabe family (a reported £13m input), the Prince’s private thoughts leave little to the imagination.

His gamble was on owning 50% of quite a lot – if/when United made the Premier League. Has he reached a funding limit considering it has only bought failure so far? Would he seek a controlling interest in order to put in more?

Whatever the answers, whoever steps forward, the club needs strong and clear leadership from the top. Rightly or wrongly, the January window debacle created the strong impression that manager Nigel Adkins is fronting for a disunited board.

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...heffield-united-again-1-7727526#ixzz3zrXxaqcQ
Can't see Adkins coming in (+sacking clough) to a club that had no ambition to get backup the leagues ,he could have waited for a championship job which would have become available (quite a few sackings and vacancies were bound to occur).
He may have got a tougher job than he expected but as he said when taking the job!! #its a challenge# so in my opinion he new what
he was getting into, but to manage a team that was going to flounder in this division was something he would not have done (career suicide)
We are all assuming that the prince and Mccabe have fallen out ,as we didn't sign anyone in the window.Would Adkins say bids were in when they wernt (I don't think so) maybe we didn't offer enough,we don't know!!
We my have blown this season (play offs are still on) but building a team for next season is vital ,that's why (in my opinion) Adkins is quite
selective in who he brings in. (No squad fillers).
Where is the proof of a fall out, Phipps says no fall out so to assume there has is calling him a liar and that's not on.

So what ?

There are cultures of people in Britain who still treat women as 2nd class citizens and as pieces of meat but no one makes a song and dance about that?
As I said, it's a football forum. I'm not really interested in debating politics with you.

His half brother.

The Prince's father then lived a meagre life as a cleric. He wasn't vey wealthy by all accounts and died a couple of years ago.

The Prince is self made.

Can we call him Al Saud?

His half brother.

The Prince's father then lived a meagre life as a cleric. He wasn't vey wealthy by all accounts and died a couple of years ago.

The Prince is self made.

A real life rags to riches story. Saudi prince starts with nothing and ends up a multi millionaire.

There really is hope for us all.

A real life rags to riches story. Saudi prince starts with nothing and ends up a multi millionaire.

There really is hope for us all.
Obviously doors were opened but there are 2000 princes and they aren't all rich. He set up a business with a partner and it wasn't funded by inherited wealth.

Same way it works elsewhere.

There is hope for us all but personally I had no interest in becoming a multi millionaire through setting up a business.

Obviously doors were opened but there are 2000 princes and they aren't all rich. He set up a business with a partner and it wasn't funded by inherited wealth.

Same way it works elsewhere.

There is hope for us all but personally I had no interest in becoming a multi millionaire through setting up a business.
I'd guess it was a lot easier for him to get funding than it would be an average Joe. Give me a million and I'll turn it into two.
But like you, I'm not that bothered. Providing my business pays the bills I'm happy. I've seen what rich people spend their money on and apart from a nice house and motor, the rest is usually gaudy overpriced shit. I really don't need a gold leaf covered table.

I'd guess it was a lot easier for him to get funding than it would be an average Joe. Give me a million and I'll turn it into two.
But like you, I'm not that bothered. Providing my business pays the bills I'm happy. I've seen what rich people spend their money on and apart from a nice house and motor, the rest is usually gaudy overpriced shit. I really don't need a gold leaf covered table.
Agree. If I was a multi millionaire I probably would like to spend a big proportion on SUFC. They could have it all but I'd want to see success and good football in return.

I can't imagine what it must feel like to plough millions in and fail.

How do you solve a problem like Sheffield United ?

Not my words, read full article from link below

Which brings us to the figure of 50% – the shared co-ownership of Sheffield United. Vitally, this is not of the institution as a whole but just the football club – which means that Prince Abdullah seemingly owns 50% of not a lot right now.

As the major team funder since he joined the McCabe family (a reported £13m input), the Prince’s private thoughts leave little to the imagination.

His gamble was on owning 50% of quite a lot – if/when United made the Premier League. Has he reached a funding limit considering it has only bought failure so far? Would he seek a controlling interest in order to put in more?

Whatever the answers, whoever steps forward, the club needs strong and clear leadership from the top. Rightly or wrongly, the January window debacle created the strong impression that manager Nigel Adkins is fronting for a disunited board.

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...heffield-united-again-1-7727526#ixzz3zrXxaqcQ

Its correct though - McCabe made sure he kept the main assets in this deal.

Agree. If I was a multi millionaire I probably would like to spend a big proportion on SUFC. They could have it all but I'd want to see success and good football in return.

I can't imagine what it must feel like to plough millions in and fail.

How do you solve a problem like Sheffield United ?
I wouldn't go near them unless I was prepared to lose at least £100m. I'd hope not to but if you don't go for it wholeheartedly and try to spend money but not too much you risk spoiling the ship for a ha'peth of tar. You can watching your money trickle away and still achieve nothing. As KM has done.

So what ?

At a push I could come up with a suitable song about this but someone else is going to have to think of the dance

So what ?

To be fair, he's not making a song and dance about it.

You go realise that there are now going to be loads of hilarious YouTube video links again.

Back
Top Bottom