How much shit can you swallow?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fjortoft's Aeroplane

Reaction score
How much shit from the Prince are you willing to swallow and still turn up at Bramall Lane?

For those that want Hecky gone... what if he stays and we ship 3, 4, 5 or 6 goal per game every match? Do you still turn up cos you're such a big bladey blade?

What if Hecky does get his marching orders and, quelle surprise, we're still gutless and ship 3, 4 , 5, 6 goals per game?

What if we make no reasonable attempt to improve the team in Januaray?

At what point do you reckon there's maybe something better you could be doing with your Saturday afternoons than going to Bramall Lane?

If the owners not interested, I honestly can't see why we should be.

How about you guys? Where do you draw the line?

If you decide not to turn up on matchday not exactly going to affect anyone this season, unless you buy countless over priced beers and pies. Season tickets are bought in advance so if you have *presuming you are a season ticket holder, it means not a lot. If/when relegated it is season ticket uptakes then in 24/25 & onwards will decide on the above

I seem to have reached that point with away games. I'd normally have been to every single one so far this season, but I just can't be bothered with most of them. I didn't think that would happen any time soon, let alone during a Premier League season.

Home games are much easier so I doubt I'll ever stop, but I can't say I've really enjoyed them to the same level in the past couple of years.

The fight isn't there and that's on the players.

Losing Berge & NDaiye that's on the owner (Or the players and their agents depending on your side of the fence)

Premiership football for 3 of the past 6 seasons after spending the previous 6 in League one - That's on Wilder/Hecky AND the owner.

We could argue we should have spent and extra £70m like Burnley and made sure we were a place higher but it doesn't change the above.

We go down this season (I hate it but it's almost certain) we will be in the Championship in a better position than the others that come down with us in my opinion.

I didn't renew my ST and spent the summer wondering if I'd done the right thing, but I must have had a premonition or something. I've only been once this season (Everton).

I was expecting to get to a game or two a month, but paying on the day makes you that more aware of how much you're spending and I've found I have no desire to go back until the performances start to pick up. Life's too short.

I haven't even been watching the highlights lately.

For those who remember the abundance of shit sandwiches served up for most of the 70’s and 80’s the answer is quite a lot.
Sprinkle on some sugar and suck it up cupcake 😊
It's before my time. But I must ask were we shit on account that the owners didn't care? Or because they were a bit clueless?
Clueless (like McCabe) is frustrating but at least their heart was in the right place which is more palatable than deliberate neglect.

It's before my time. But I must ask were we shit on account that the owners didn't care? Or because they were a bit clueless?
There is another option apart from those two. A few of our previous owners didn’t have the personal wealth needed to maintain a club in the top division.

In reality, it has probably been different combinations of all three.

How much shit from the Prince are you willing to swallow and still turn up at Bramall Lane?

For those that want Hecky gone... what if he stays and we ship 3, 4, 5 or 6 goal per game every match? Do you still turn up cos you're such a big bladey blade?

What if Hecky does get his marching orders and, quelle surprise, we're still gutless and ship 3, 4 , 5, 6 goals per game?

What if we make no reasonable attempt to improve the team in Januaray?

At what point do you reckon there's maybe something better you could be doing with your Saturday afternoons than going to Bramall Lane?

How about you guys? Where do you draw the line?

I’ll keep turning up and staying to the bitter end of every game, out of habit.

That said, we’ve now already seen 2 games this season when at the final whistle, there can’t have been more than 5,000 home fans left in the ground. 72 other clubs in the country would give anything to gain the golden ticket to the World’s biggest and best club competition - the Premier League, and it absolute stinks that those running our club have created this abject situation.

As for the wondering about doing something better with Saturday afternoons, it is fresh in my memory that I have sat in my seat wishing the time away, so that we can get away, get some tea and get on with the weekend 3 times this season - during the Palace game, the first half of the Wolves game and for most of the match on Saturday. I don’t recall ever being so detached from our matches before. The season seems utterly pointless.

I’ll keep turning up and staying to the bitter end of every game, out of habit.

That said, we’ve now already seen 2 games this season when at the final whistle, there can’t have been more than 5,000 home fans left in the ground. 72 other clubs in the country would give anything to gain the golden ticket to the World’s biggest and best club competition - the Premier League, and it absolute stinks that those running our club have created this abject situation.

As for the wondering about doing something better with Saturday afternoons, it is fresh in my memory that I have sat in my seat wishing the time away, so that we can get away, get some tea and get on with the weekend 3 times this season - during the Palace game, the first half of the Wolves game and for most of the match on Saturday. I don’t recall ever being so detached from our matches before. The season seems utterly pointless.
Downside with the Premier League is how many games are guaranteed to be on a Saturday afternoon! - Often do have Saturday afternoons free to be fair

There is another option apart from those two. A few of our previous owners didn’t have the personal wealth needed to maintain a club in the top division.

In reality, it has probably been different combinations of all three.
It seems unless you have all your ducks in a row (ownership, management, recruitment, identity) gravity will always pull you down to the lower divisions.

It seems unless you have all your ducks in a row (ownership, management, recruitment, identity) gravity will always pull you down to the lower divisions.
Exactly this. How many clubs can really feel confident of remaining in the PL long term? Many clubs aspire to it, very few are able to achieve it.

I stopped going early on this season. Give my season ticket to a family member. Least they get to watch the good players for the opposition side.

An old hippy once told me, ‘Life is like a shit sandwich. The more bread you’ve got, the less shit you have to eat.’

He means it Maaan

The owner has no influence on what I do. I don't understand the logic.
If we aren't putting effort in, I'll not bother trying to go away.
There won't be significant investment in January I'm sure. So the biggest thing that will get me looking forward to Saturdays is how hard the players play. Play to our best ability and I'll go and get behind them.

Back
Top Bottom