How fortunes change

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GreasyChipBeattie

Reaction score
Around this time, just 5 years ago, we beat already relegated Ipswich 2-0 at home to get promoted to the Prem.
During that time, we came back down, went back up and came back down again, this time to be replaced by, amongst others...Ipswich who clinched promotion 2-0 at home today against already relegated Huddersfield Town.

It's a funny old game.

IMG_8430.jpeg

That's football!!
We've had a roller coaster of a ride during that time and the trip ain't over yet.
We start again next season having paid our due's.
We showed today we can put together a team from the ashes of this one,at times we totally outplayed and outclassed them ,some really great performance from midfield the 2 young boys Brooks and Arblaster showed a lot of qualities needed at this level.
Brookes had run himself into the ground ! needed subbing 5 minutes earlier than we did and we crumbled again during that period , I was disappointed Wilder should have seen he was struggling although not directly responsible for the goals forest took advantage and killed us with 2 quick goals the right side totally absent and we were beaten again.
Diaz man of the match for me! I think he might be earning himself a contract at a prem club with performances like that.
Yes we lost again and conceding 100 goals hurts as much as the relegation but! Some players really came to the table today and showed we have qualities! It's now up to Wilder and Co. to fill in the spaces and make us a functioning 90 minutes + team ! It can be done we have some good players.
Souza has to go he will destroy team spirit! he has to go in my opinion! even at a big loss on his transfer fee .
I remember Warnock getting rid of a centreback we signed from Brighton ! Can't remember his name He was a disrupter and Warnock soon got rid.
Team spirit is vital ! Wilder knows that.
Interesting window coming up.

That's football!!
We've had a roller coaster of a ride during that time and the trip ain't over yet.
We start again next season having paid our due's.
We showed today we can put together a team from the ashes of this one,at times we totally outplayed and outclassed them ,some really great performance from midfield the 2 young boys Brooks and Arblaster showed a lot of qualities needed at this level.
Brookes had run himself into the ground ! needed subbing 5 minutes earlier than we did and we crumbled again during that period , I was disappointed Wilder should have seen he was struggling although not directly responsible for the goals forest took advantage and killed us with 2 quick goals the right side totally absent and we were beaten again.
Diaz man of the match for me! I think he might be earning himself a contract at a prem club with performances like that.
Yes we lost again and conceding 100 goals hurts as much as the relegation but! Some players really came to the table today and showed we have qualities! It's now up to Wilder and Co. to fill in the spaces and make us a functioning 90 minutes + team ! It can be done we have some good players.
Souza has to go he will destroy team spirit! he has to go in my opinion! even at a big loss on his transfer fee .
I remember Warnock getting rid of a centreback we signed from Brighton ! Can't remember his name He was a disrupter and Warnock soon got rid.
Team spirit is vital ! Wilder knows that.
Interesting window coming up.
Danny Cullip is the player Warnock signed from Brighton. I recall (maybe an urban myth) than Warnock asked him “are you one of those Brighton poofters?” after he joined.

Danny Cullip is the player Warnock signed from Brighton. I recall (maybe an urban myth) than Warnock asked him “are you one of those Brighton poofters?” after he joined.
Yes that's his name he didn't seem a bad player though.His attitude was just shit Warnock knew he dropped a bollock even good players aren't always the answer.Wilder I'm sure will sort it just like Warnock did.

View attachment 182937

Ha! I hadn't seen that. Daftest thing is, it was posted by a friend of mine!!

Yes that's his name he didn't seem a bad player though.His attitude was just shit Warnock knew he dropped a bollock even good players aren't always the answer.Wilder I'm sure will sort it just like Warnock did.
Think it was around the same time we signed Barry Hayles then sold him on also a few months later.

Back
Top Bottom